OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
.the idiot above who didn't even understand why The Hound and The Mountain had a showdown doesn't remember all the seeds planted of Dany being mad
Which poster is this?? Not ONE person in here doesnt understand why the mountain and the hound had a showdown... quote 1 single post in here where someone doesnt understand why they had a showdown

And you in here calling people idiots :pachaha:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Ramsay Bolton?

:comeon: JOFFREY
:devil:
:evil:

giphy.gif

Thought one of y'all would say Thanos or some shyt, wasn't thinking within the show :pachaha:

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
It just needed more time. The leap from Breaker of Chains to Committer of Genocide was needlessly rushed.
8 SEASONS of that bytch constantly burning people and being vindictive and spiteful and full of power lust, with 3 full seasons of her being talked out of just burning King’s Landing and taking what is “hers” and now suddenly it was rushed?????????

I get it, the pacing of the show used to be much slower when we were in the books, and who wouldn’t love more episodes and nuance like we were used to......but nothing about her deciding to keep burning the full out of the city was surprising. She was like Frank the Tank in Old School...

“Once it hits your lips, it tastes so good!”

One hour later he’s running naked through the streets. LMAO

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
None innocent everyone she has burned has more or less deserved it. Hell she even gave Sam dad and bro a chance to bend the knee but they wanted to be stubborn. She is conquering the seven kingdoms in that situation it was warranted. Hell you could make an argument for her if the bell wasn’t rung. With this though there is zero explanation for her behaviour besides shock value and creating drama.
They got on their rhinestone capes to defend this foolishness. Dany isnt any more impulsive than Jon Snow. We all knew Dany's arc had the potential to end as The Mad Queen just based on what we know of Targaryens. But even the craziest Targaryens that actually made it to throne never went 0 to 60. King Arys truly lost his mind towards the end, and it took a while to get there. At the end, he thought he would rise from the ashes as a dragon if he were to burn KL to the ground. Every Targaryen psycho who was truly a psycho and who dared to pull off anything in the realm of what Dany did, usually showed irrefutable undebateable signs of doing such a thing or they thought they would "transform" into a dragon themselves. Dany showed no signs of that kinda lunacy.

:huhldup:

Bbbbbut she did kill the slave masters!!

Bbbbut she always so angry!!

Bbbbut Arys!!

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
8 SEASONS of that bytch constantly burning people and being vindictive and spiteful and full of power lust, with 3 full seasons of her being talked out of just burning King’s Landing and taking what is “hers” and now suddenly it was rushed?????????

I get it, the pacing of the show used to be much slower when we were in the books, and who wouldn’t love more episodes and nuance like we were used to......but nothing about her deciding to keep burning the full out of the city was surprising. She was like Frank the Tank in Old School...

“Once it hits your lips, it tastes so good!”

One hour later he’s running naked through the streets. LMAO
Most of the people she burned and killed were rivals or enemies not random innocent people.

What really made her snap was that she found out she had no rightful claim to the throne. Eventually people would find out and wouldn’t accept her as her leader

I just don’t think this was fleshed out well enough. Probably the biggest problem is Emilia Clarke is a horrible actress

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Dany was probably going to flip, no one can deny that was always a possibility. The problem is the show doesn't let anything marinate after they committed to a final 13. It's all a bunch of checklist scenes. Pulling up events to say Dany is crazy there are just as many events or more to say that she wasn't and was fighting against her nature, and winning.

With them just flying through shyt now they didn't let Dany flipping really fester to reach that pure demon mode. bytch went from Jon betrayed me and I'm hungry but fukk ya'll to attaining the Satsui no Hado and unleashing on them fools. I was watching her light them up like, "Damn, she really this mad? Ain't my dog Drogon thirsty after all this fire breathing? You really gonna rebuild all this shyt? Some of these buildings are pretty dope :dahell:"

Daps
Zoom in on that picture, theyre eye level. I think youre confusing mountains helmet as extra height. Just watch the fukking video :damn: youll see the hound eyes dont go up and stays straight, eye level

I also said near in size.. 3-5 inches is near enough

In this episode they cgi’d the mountain to be like 2 feet taller :beli:

When they were on same step the mountain is still way taller

When at best the mountain is only 3-6 inches taller

Im saying in this episode and ONLY this episode they CGI’d the mountain size... and I said it was a waste of budget

Do you disagree with them CGI’ing an extra foot of height on the mountain wasnt a waste of budget money :dwillhuh:

The Mountain looks taller, as he's supposed to be taller in that shot (i'm judging by their shoulders). As you mentioned, the recast Mountain is shorter, but the character is clearly supposed to be a taller, more imposing figure based on the OG Mountain.

And no, I don't agree that the Mountain looked two feet taller. I certainly don't believe they "CGI'd" his height. You're gonna have to post that image. :wtf:

As I mentioned, the Mountain fought most of that fight on a higher step than the Hound, so of course he looked even taller. When the Mountain was tossing the Hound around on the landing, the Hound was never standing. And the Mountain's insane strength is a direct result of Qyburn's experiments.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Which poster is this?? Not ONE person in here doesnt understand why the mountain and the hound had a showdown... quote 1 single post in here where someone doesnt understand why they had a showdown

The poster I quoted:gucci:

Are you his girlfriend?

It was about 1000 posts ago, him and another poster didn't get it

Daps

LMAO @ challenging him to quote the person he's talking about when you quoted him quoting the person he was talking about. :dead:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Dany - Daughter of the mad king who went crazy and burned everyone

- watched with satisfaction as her brother was burned to death with liquid metal

- burned to death the witch who saved her husband like she asked

- reneged on a deal to buy the unsullied and had her dragon burn the slaver instead of paying him

- Adopts a bend the knee or die by fire mantra, starts burning lords

- spends 3 full seasons wanting to burn King’s landing and keeps getting talked out of it

- wants to keep banging her nephew and stay queen even though he has a better claim and make him promise to never tell anyone

- loses two of her three Dragons and has her best friends head chopped off in front of her.....starts finally burning Kong’s Landing

- gets a taste for it and desires to not stop

Loser ass fans - “THE WRITERS THREW AWAY 8 YEARS OF CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT AND MADE HER BURN KINGS LANDING! That’s NOT WHO SHE WAS!!!”

I’m done with all you wierdos

:russ:

fukking thank you.

• This is a high IQ individual and a righteous person (along with everyone who dapped the post):salute:
  • HEr brother was her enemy. Her brother said he'd let an entire herd of Dothrakhis rape her. You wanted her to feel sorry for him? I have family who have done much less to me and i probably wouldnt shed a tear if they dropped today.
  • She burned the which because mainly for her insolence.
  • You cant reneg on a deal if you never intended to fulfil it. It's like you agreeing to sell me weed and i show up with a gun. I didnt reneg on shyt. I always intended to rob you.
So to some degree i cant they those were indicators. The others I agree. We knew what she was from the start
Stop it slime, Danny could not even approach 10 ships last episode and her dragon get 3 shotted from a mile away. I’ll only suspend belief so far for a show, you have to have some sort consistency at least.
If you're watching a fantasy/SciFi and dont want to give some leeway...i dont know what to tell you. Either that or dont watch the show at all, doggy:manny:

Personally I dont see how it's that farfetched , doggy. She caught the fleet by surprised. By the time they even knew it was her there she was already on top of them and they showed the shot from a distance just to give you perspective how close she had gotten. Then you hear Euron tell his crew "turn it around" after she blasts the first few ships and you see the men struggle to turn the scorpions around because they simply didnt have a shot. Start at the 36:00 mark for the ships. Then go look again and you'll notice she took almost all the Kings Landing scorpions out from the side as they were pointed towards the outside. Many shots showed you the men scrambling to turn the damn thing and get a shot off.

Again, either accept a certain level of fantasy or should have bailed on the show the minute you saw the first dragons or when Beric was resurrected from the dead.:yeshrug:

Last edited:

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Breh can u inform me.

I'm a casual who is just watching to see how it ends

How is it bad?
Characters had arcs/progression. I'm talking years of carefully laid out ground work of experiences that we thought would lead to profound actions/choices or state of being.
But since the writers want to end the series asap everybodys arcs have been rushed, which leaves us with either some character telling us something profound in a sentence that we've been waiting to play out for a Decade then moving on to the next scene like nothing happened. For example Jon telling his family that he's a Targaryen is Huge fukking deal. And he let Bran do the shyt
Or we get people surprising acting different from one scene to the next. Arya is a fukking Assassin who feeds children to their father in a pie. Just killed Death himsrlf in the night king but all of a sudden turns into a scared little girl who can't kill Cersei cuz the hound said don't be like me :dahell: This shyt all over the place. I don't even won't to get into the rushed shyt with Dany I'm tell y'all dhe Mad in an episode but not show how she got to be mad Targaryen.
Its alot more but im on my phone and hungry, I'll respond later. But this shyt is bad compared to what it was and could have been. It's Michael Bay taking over the last 30 minutes of a Nolan or Scorese movie. Yeah, that shyt gone be lit but at what cost of theit cohesive story:heh: