OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
I know it's been said a ton of times here, but ultimately the idea of turning one of your long-standing, fan favourite, main characters into the villain at the final hurdle is egregiously terrible especially if you aren't prepared to give us another season for the heel turn. It doesn't make sense for the writers to keep on making the character morally grey well into the last two seasons; to then turn her dark is having their cake and eating it too. We still don't know why Dany isn't respected, because there haven't been enough efforts to show her efforts of pleasing the people to fail. On the other hand, there hasn't been enough instances of disrespect towards Dany for her to grow in bloodlust, paranoia and rage (:whoa:not saying Dany's bloodlust is justified, just not fueled). There hasn't been reason for Dany to ignore her lessons of the past seven seasons - she locked up her dragons because they killed one child. She said she'd rule with fear, but if she knows the benefits of being a loved ruler and it's piss easy to win the war, then why is she so weak and eager to turn to ruling by fear? Because she's crazy? When there's opportunities of treason and disrespect to establish and create bitterness and resentment? And that resentment could come to a head when she has to choose between burning the populace in the Red Keep or abandoning the throne, and she chose taking the throne regardless? That's weak. This madness is a cop-out because these people absolutely don't know to write and conclude a morally-grey villain (see Ramsay and Euron, Dany only barely avoided being a caricature by being a main character where we could see her rise). It's been said but I'll say it again for emphasis - the mass murder in this episode was illogical and was simply made for character assassination.

Last edited:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
She's been burning and executing people who disagree with her for nigh on 7+ seasons now, the only thing that changed was the scale and the targets. Without question, She's been the most impulsive character in the main cast and had to be consistently reined in by Jorah et al, and they are all gone. Plus they kept mentioning 'flip of the coin' in terms of Targaryens.

This is not out of character. This is in fact, in line with her evolution as a character.
Rushed and poorly executed? abso-fukking-lutely. But inevitable.

I'm seriously done being civil with the Daenerys p*ssy lickers, they are either not acting in good faith or have room temperature IQ's if they didn't see something like this coming. A TV show should not be triggering me and having me question people's intelligence godamn.:mjlol:

Unless this is what they wanted :russ:

None innocent everyone she has burned has more or less deserved it. Hell she even gave Sam dad and bro a chance to bend the knee but they wanted to be stubborn. She is conquering the seven kingdoms in that situation it was warranted. Hell you could make an argument for her if the bell wasn’t rung. With this though there is zero explanation for her behaviour besides shock value and creating drama.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

You know what's funny.... The Mountain was the one who lead the troops who massacred Harrenhall.. He goes with the Starks... Off to the Boltons... Then to the Lannisters... He gets to then experiment on the Mountain.. And is later killed by the Mountain...

Homie played himself

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
FFS her default response to any obstacle is 'burn it'. Jorah et al have to be there to keep her in check and they are gone. Nothing is keeping her impulsive and passionate nature back anymore. She has no one. Plus she's been bombarded with multiple stresses from multiple angles.
This kind of breakdown was inevitable.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Missandei said dracarys :manny:
We doin dracarys :manny:
b7c1612abe620b5eaf98f8cd47e0b793.jpg

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Euron should've died at sea.

I see no reason why he went back. He's only with Cersei for power and now she has none since Dany is destroying everything. Being the scumbag he is he would've dipped to save himself. That fight with Jamie was forced. Could've used that time to have more of a moment with him and Cersei.

The lack of conflict with Jamie and Cersei is baffling. All these deaths and send offs aren't handled with any kind of care. They're giving everyone the "Jon not petting Ghost" treatment. When a character deserves some emotion in their final moment there's isn't any.

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
Low-key I'm relieved something like this happened because it's one of the few times Jon Sow gets punished for strictly adhering to his morals, it happens to everyone else consistently but him. He'll now have to face the ramifications of refusing to love Daenaerys, this dude knew she was alone in the world at this point and still pushed her away. He was supposed to be her stability but refuses (like most times) to compromise on his morals.

Ned Stark with plot armor no more.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I see the shills are active in defending the poor character assassinations, writing, and plot armor. Bu...bu...bu...but Dany was always going mad. You just never saw it! You never caught the hints! Where did I miss it? When she was freeing the slaves in the east? When she was stopping her own Dothraki from raping women? When she chained her dragons up for suspicion of killing a child? When she was lying in bed with Daario saying she wasn’t going to be a butcher? Or queen of the ashes? Now her actions in this episode could have nullified all that if they’d at least tried a slow heel development throughout the past couple of seasons. But nope. Missande is dead and people don’t like me for no indiscernible reason or explanation. I’m mad and everyone must die. FOH

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Daenerys: My child was innocent.

Mirri: Innocent? He would be the Stalion who Mounts the World, now he would burn no cities, now he will trample no nations into dust.

I'm guessing that prophecy was true and that stallion was drogo because he fukked up kings landing something serious
:russ: