OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Part of the blame for this ending has to fall on GRRM. He didn't finish the books. And just gave them highlights of the ending. Best believe Dany going crazy is in his book. And Cersei and Jamie dying together is as well.
nah, i get that the show not being as good is because d&d aint on GRRM's level of writing and world building, but blame fall off on them (or HBO) for not stepping down/replacing them. they aren't the only ones who could have piloted this show, a lot of other cats in hollywood with a passion for this shyt who would have loved to step into the fame that taking over this would've brought. a lot of good writers out there and staff from the current production who would've finished this shyt out correctly with up to 40 episodes (HBO wanted/was prepared to foot the bill for 10 full seasons) but d&d was like nah, we can do it in 13 :troll:

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
The mountain has had at least 3 different actors:comeon: HE hasn't even been the same height for all 8 seasons.

THE SAME ACTOR IN SEASON fukkING 7, AS I TIME STAMPED A VIDEO OF IT, THEY WERE EYE TO EYE JUST THE LAST TIME THEY MET :pacspit:

WHY ARE PEOPLE HERE SO DENSE ON SOME shyt ???

I ALREADY MENTIONED ALL THIS

one thing I gotta nit pick about this episode

The Hound and The Mountain are supposed to be near in size.. even in the earlier seasons ( I know different actors but even in Season 7 when they brought the Wight, they are almost eye to eye). The Hound is supposed to be a massive person as well, but in this episode... and only this episode.. they made him look small to the mountain.. I know the mountain was standing originally at an angle and up a few stairs but even when they were face to face and The Mountain was trying to crush his skull :huhldup: The Mountain was way bigger than The Hound

Even though they both died, I did appreciate that technically The Hound was the better fighter and thats what people argued, if The Mountain wasnt already dead, he would of died when The Hound stuck his sword through his whole chest :myman: then even after that still ahd the skill to kill him a 2nd time (dagger through the eye) and a 3rd time which ended up killing himself unfortunately

LOOK AT THE FIRST SENTENCE "I know different actors but in season 7 they brought a wight and they are almost eye to eye"

the actor tonight is the same actor from season 7

then I posted A VIDEO

FROM JUST LAST SEASON

WHERE THEY FACE OFF

FACE TO FACE

TIME STAMPED AND EVERY THING

you literally have to spoon feed the GoT stans on this site information sometimes :mindblown:

they used angles and cgi to make him bigger and taller than the hound than they did in the previous 7 seasons

thats why it says "nit pick" as in a little annoyance that I noticed because its such a stupid change and probably waste of budget money and I didnt get the point of them after now 8 seasons to make The Hound, whose always been in the show, the biggest regular human only 2nd to The Mountain, seem tiny all of a sudden

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Ok, who was the villain during the faith storyline?
cersei, the whole reason they're in power is some nefarious shyt she tried to pull that went off the rails...wtf. they are an example of grey, just because she becomes a victim of them doesn't mean she's not a villain. :what:

joff and ramsay went out as victims too..so now they're not villains according to you?

just wow

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Lol the Sept was full of innocent people? It was mostly full of the faith, the tyrells and shythead nobles. I'm sure some Innocents got killed but that's not the point. Most people in this show have killed Innocents and the point has always been that there's shades of grey, this isn't a video game where there's a big bad boss at the end. The "hero" of the show just leveled the city and massacred people. Y'all still stuck on this good vs evil shyt after 8 seasons lmao
They made the Starks and Jon Snow into the ultimate "Good Guy". The classic heroes. The whole "everyone is a shade of grey" narrative was done away with. You can't rush the morality vs honor vs duty plotline. Give it a little more time before the ultimate character arc comes to a close. You don't go from "I will take heed to advice to become a better ruler" to "Imma kill men women and children because i'M dA MaD qUeEn". They wanna do the "grey morality/no one is actually good or evil" plotline while setting Jon up to be the Final and ultimate "Hero/Good Guy". It looks silly.

:yeshrug:

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
D6alz0DWsAcckC1.jpg

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They made the Starks and Jon Snow into the ultimate "Good Guy". The classic heroes. The whole "everyone is a shade of grey" narrative was done away with. You can't rush the morality vs honor vs duty plotline. Give it a little more time before the ultimate character arc comes to a close. You don't go from "I will take heed to advice to become a better ruler" to "Imma kill men women and children because i'M dA MaD qUeEn". They wanna do the "grey morality/no one is actually good or evil" plotline while setting Jon up to be the Final and ultimate "Hero/Good Guy". It looks silly.

:yeshrug:
I don't disagree with you and I can't defend the shows depiction because they've definitely hollywoodized the story the last couple seasons. But I think cersei was still nuanced. A lot of people are sympathetic to her and most people were rooting for her during the Sept storyline

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I need GRRM to verify this episode as the same ending he told them idiots. :picard:

No way would he have executed things in this way, there is zero consistency in the characters. And they shat all over the lord of light story arc which I am sure he has plans for.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This isn’t a writing complaint though this is people complaining that they didn’t get what they wanted. I have no qualms with how Cersei died, why does she have to die some brutal death because she was the main antagonist?
in this case, yes. they've gone full curveball at pulling the rug from certain storylines while inserting shyt no one asked for. it's just not good all around. it's not "subverting" when you're doing it simply because...there's absolutely no art or elegance to what they've done, they have done nothing to sell me on so much of the shyt they're pulling. i fukking got romeo and juliet inserted in GOT :dead:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cersei, the whole reason they're in power is some nefarious shyt she tried to pull that went off the rails...wtf. they are an example of grey, just because she becomes a victim of them doesn't mean she's not a villain. :what:

joff and ramsay went out as victims too..so now they're not villains according to you?

just wow
I think you just don't like cersei. We'll have to agree to disagree, how one views the characters is a matter of perspective. I agree the show has been confusing on this but I think cersei is one of the better written characters

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Wrong. Sansa’s arc is to become Queen of the North at minimum. She’s been the only one consistently acting with common sense since S6.
I'll give you this. Sansa has been the only female ruler they've done justice to. But one can argue, this is so, only because the only person/ppl she's killed are little finger and Ramsey. The other female characters got crapped on constantly for doing things that other male rulers in their position would do. Well...Dany in particular.