OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Every season was the worst until the the next starting with 6 imo.

no way season 6 was worse than season 5, season 5 was still better than the last season, but it was a drag until the last few really good eps...6 was flames all the way through with the last 2 eps being arguably the best episodes of the show and in tv in general

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what character got assassinated the most in that last season in y’all’s opinion? Imma say Jaime, 7 seasons/years of perfectly created character development thrown away in 2 fukking episodes lol

You can say dani, but she could’ve still ended up where she did and it make sense if it was actually fleshed out that way...but Jamie’s character did a full fukking 180 for literally no other reason other than the writers wanted to wrap up lol

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
no way season 6 was worse than season 5, season 5 was still better than the last season, but it was a drag until the last few really good eps...6 was flames all the way through with the last 2 eps being arguably the best episodes of the show and in tv in general

It was good because of satisfying moments and culminations of seasons worth of build up but the same logic gaps in the writing from season 5, 7, and 8 were all there in season 6 too.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was good because of satisfying moments and culminations of seasons worth of build up but the same logic gaps in the writing from season 5, 7, and 8 were all there in season 6 too.
Even so, I’m still rating it higher than the other 3 mentioned

Daps
Like what?

For seasons 5 and especially 6.

I agree seasons 7 & 8 were riddled with trash writing; felt like a completely different show.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
what character got assassinated the most in that last season in y’all’s opinion? Imma say Jaime, 7 seasons/years of perfectly created character development thrown away in 2 fukking episodes lol

You can say dani, but she could’ve still ended up where she did and it make sense if it was actually fleshed out that way...but Jamie’s character did a full fukking 180 for literally no other reason other than the writers wanted to wrap up lol
Tyrion was one of the worst to me

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA

Night King unquestionably. After the way they built up the lore surrounding him, there should've been at least one more reveal/twist regarding him and a more memorable showdown with Jon. Instead breh came and went like he wasn't the single most important story of the ENTIRE show.

Pretty much everything else can be shrugged off in some form or fashion, but botching his arc is what truly ruined the show IMO

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tyrion was one of the worst to me

Night King unquestionably. After the way they built up the lore surrounding him, there should've been at least one more reveal/twist regarding him and a more memorable showdown with Jon. Instead breh came and went like he wasn't the single most important story of the ENTIRE show.

Pretty much everything else can be shrugged off in some form or fashion, but botching his arc is what truly ruined the show IMO

Had Varys committing treason in broad daylight.
:francis:

the fact my answer and all 3 of these are all very valid says a lot :francis:

I’d actually say knight king I’d the best answer, we should of seen him tearing shyt up for at least half the last season before we got one final last stand at winter fell..they even failed to give us a one on one between him and Jon, such a fukk up lol

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This show pissed everyone off so bad. Never in my life did I feel I deserved some explanation or wanted the directors and writers needed to get fukked up over s show.

Its like they ruined this shyt for us with no consequences.
LMAO...if there ever were a time I'd morph into a Karen, it would be rolling up to HBO offices to "talk to the manager" to "voice my concern" over this season 7/8 debacle.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

jamie, tyrion, varys and littlefinger were shells of themselves by series end :snoop:

bran was WOAT as well, from normal boy, to crippled 3 eyed raven, to king of westeros :what:

edit: they fukked up jon too "mah queen"

edit 2: yall have now triggered me over this show again :why:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
LMAO...if there ever were a time I'd morph into a Karen, it would be rolling up to HBO offices to "talk to the manager" to "voice my concern" over this season 7/8 debacle.
:russ:

I know they fukked up season 8, but its still one of my fav shows and viewing experiences ive ever had. But I also just realized they even fukked up the documentary they made about the show. Who wants to watch 2 hours of the fukking extras and costume design people? That should have been a 20 minute part of a documentary about season 8, or what lead up to decisions made in season 8.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
just started a rewatch last week, this show was so great before it fell off the cliff

nothing else really comes close to GoT at its prime, hard to even compare it to other tv shows tbh

@Brozay what seasons of GoT were its prime?? Also, do you think it was better than the sopranos, breaking bad, and the wire?