OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'd say S7 and S8 are on another level in terms of trash. 5 and 6 weren't good but at least had multiple moments of greatness, and enough solid character moments to make things work.

IMO the show basically fell off a cliff once they ran out of material from GRRM - not to mention them deciding to scrap material they could have used (Euron fukkery, Greyjoys v Tyrells, Cersei manipulating Loras, more accurate Dorne adaption, more accurate Jamie arc, etc).

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
The biggest hole in the series in hindsight was the lack of Faegon. He should have been introduced in season 5. Now that I see the endgame and what they were working towards as a conclusion, his omission screwed up multiple plots and at least a half a dozen character arcs including Dany, Jon, Tyrion, Cersei, and Varys.

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The biggest hole in the series in hindsight was the lack of Faegon. He should have been introduced in season 5. Now that I see the endgame and what they were working towards as a conclusion, his omission screwed up multiple plots and at least a half a dozen character arcs including Dany, Jon, Tyrion, Cersei, and Varys.

Honestly I get why they skipped it. I agree it fukked up Varys (why would someone who hates magic help Dany) but even still I understand. They wanted to cut episodes and didn't have time to introduce him.

We don't know what the book plot will be, but I think it's a safe bet that fAegon will take Kings Landing and become king. He already took Storm's End which is virtually impossible without fukkery. Let's say he's king when Dany arrives, and she has to take him out in order to get the crown. We get a cool battle episode or two but ultimately it would still come down to Dany and Jon dealing with Others while fAegon waited at KL for the final battle. Doesn't really improve anything assuming the show runners would still be rushing shyt.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Honestly I get why they skipped it. I agree it fukked up Varys (why would someone who hates magic help Dany) but even still I understand. They wanted to cut episodes and didn't have time to introduce him.

We don't know what the book plot will be, but I think it's a safe bet that fAegon will take Kings Landing and become king. He already took Storm's End which is virtually impossible without fukkery. Let's say he's king when Dany arrives, and she has to take him out in order to get the crown. We get a cool battle episode or two but ultimately it would still come down to Dany and Jon dealing with Others while fAegon waited at KL for the final battle. Doesn't really improve anything assuming the show runners would still be rushing shyt.

It wouldn't reduce Jon to being "I don't want it, she's my queen" because the "they dont love me in Westeros" plot would be transferred to Aegon and not Jon. That alone improves a big problem with the final season, Jon's uselessness and Dany's nonsensical "I'll find no love here" characterization that precedes her tyranny. Those changes alone, even with a hack rush job, improves the story in a way that makes the ending somewhat easier to stomach.

Beyond that, there are serious improvements that would be felt for Tyrion, Cersei, Dorne, and Euron if there was a king-sized character in KL. Major major improvements in the conflicts and motivations.

I agreed with the decision at the time to cut the character because I generally don't like important characters being introduced so late as some kind of twist, but in hindsight it's painful how many different characters and plotlines it fukked with not having him there. They should not have tried to combine Cersei/Jon to fill the void of Aegon. That's not as egregious as cutting down on the seasons and rushing to the conclusion, but it's the largest hole as far as actual writing that they were not able to fill with their remixing and character converging.

Last edited:
Daps
It's so funny to think this day last year, GOT fans were eagerly counting down the days to the premiere of the final season on the 14th of the month...not knowing many of us would be pissed off by the middle of May when it ended, to the point fans around the world would be roused to ire and signing a petition, demanding to have it remade.

And now, an entire year later, us same fans are in the middle of a global pandemic and most of us are under quarantine of some sort, pissed off en masse again, lmao, and life as we know it is damn near completely unrecognizable. All that stuff seems utterly laughable now.

Life is funny indeed.

Not to me :birdman:

Not to me :mjcry:

Daps
I was high the other day watching the season and thought through this elaborate way of redoing the season by making a few changes. I lost most of it, but broad strokes, because why the fukk not -

To begin, the season has to be a full 10 episodes, but to work within the parameters they set, Battle of Winterfell takes place over the first 2 episodes and it's a complete fukking massacre. Dothraki, Unsullied, all slaughtered. Completely. Brienne, killed in battle after being knighted by Jamie. Jamie, killed in war, trying to save Brienne. Second Sons and Dario appears slaughtered. Wildlings. Everyone fighting, slaughtered. Missandei, Sansa, Sam, Gilly, everyone that died during the battle for real, gone - one of the wites get to little Sam, turn him, right in front of Sam, who dies trying to defend the baby and comes full circle with how he saved the baby. Davos, Melisandre, Varys. Make this shyt as bleak as fukk. Tyrion, Bran, Jon, Danerys are the sole survivors, purely because Danerys scoops them up with Drogon in a last ditch effort.

Danerys is fukked up from all of the death of her people, guilty for effectively killing off the Starks, angry. Jon is fukked up about everything, they flee to King's Landing to warn of what happened to them, Cersei laughs them off until finding out Jamie died and sends her army after them - Danerys, furious and finally snaps, burns King's Landing down with Drogon. Bran confides in Tyrion and Jon about everything and the ending to me can go in one of 2 ways -

Mad Queen of the Ashes, kills Jon and Tyrion after finding out Jon's secret

Jon and Tyrion conspire to kill her, Tyrion is King and rebuilds King's Landing, Jon rebuilds the North, or Tyrion is an advisor to
Bran who is named King, but not in the "I knew it all along way"

Oh yeah - And all along, the dead continue to march on, death being a constantly looking.

:yeshrug:

Breh in your inebriated state, you came up with a better storyline than D and D ever could have dreamed of

Incredible. :wow:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
They murdered the last two seasons of this show to rush to Star Wars which they bailed on, fukking frauds :pacspit:

if HBO had any sense, they would’ve been replaced and we woulda had season 9 of GOT holding us down during quarantine. Instead, they’re left with weak ass Westworld which garners few and fewer viewers each season :ucku:

all that said, I miss the euphoria that watching this season to season (except 8) brought, there will never be a show I nerd out for like this again :mjcry:

Last edited:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They murdered the last two seasons of this show to rush to Star Wars which they bailed on, fukking frauds :pacspit:

if HBO had any sense, they would’ve been replaced and we would had season 9 of GOT holding us down during quarantine. Instead, they’re left with weak ass Westworld which garners feew and fevers viewers each season :ucku:

all that said, I miss the euphoria that watching this season to season (except 8) brought, there will never be a show I nerd out for like this again :mjcry:
I have never experienced a watching Experience like i did with this show, I have favourite shows that I look forward to watching weekly, but never like this, so much hype, anticipation, discussion, curiosity & excitement between myself and my friends every week

it sounds like exaggeration when saying this about other shows, but Watching a new episode of GOT on its air date really was a fukking EVENT, especially a premier or finale

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
What happened to the prequels they were talking about?

Hbo fukked up the bag. People would have been fiending for the prequels if the GoT ending was a 7/10+.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What happened to the prequels they were talking about?

Hbo fukked up the bag. People would have been fiending for the prequels if the GoT ending was a 7/10+.

One is stilll on ("House Of The Dragon", about House Targaryan) and coming out 2022.

As far as I know the rest were either cancelled or put on hold.

Fred.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
One is stilll on ("House Of The Dragon", about House Targaryan) and coming out 2022.

As far as I know the rest were either cancelled or put on hold.

Fred.

Yea they scrapped the one that would occur thousands of years before GOT, detailing the Age Of Heroes and the various founders or legends of great houses, from Lann The Clever (Lannisters) to Bran The Builder (Starks) to the Grey King (Greyjoys). I'm guessing it was scrapped because tbh...the big reason this shyt works is dragons, and that story line wouldn't have any.

House Of The Dragon will detail Aegon Targaryen's conquest of the Seven Kings, and also show various other parts of the history including the Dance Of Dragons. That way you'll get a shyt ton of dragons, a shyt ton of Targaryens, and depending on how far they go you'll get some characters from the Game Of Thrones series like The Three Eyed Raven (ie Bryden Rivers, a Targaryen b*stard), Walder Frey, and Ser Barristan Selmy.

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
St

if HBO had any sense, they would’ve been replaced and we woulda had season 9 of GOT holding us down during quarantine. Instead, they’re left with weak ass Westworld which garners few and fewer viewers each season :ucku:

Star Wars had nothing to do with Game of Thrones ending. It’s crazy how so many people keep repeating this despite it being absolutely not true.

They’ve always said the plan was 7 or 8 seasons. And the final 2 seasons were officially announced and ordered more than a year and a half before they signed on to do Star Wars.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
St

Star Wars had nothing to do with Game of Thrones ending. It’s crazy how so many people keep repeating this despite it being absolutely not true.

They’ve always said the plan was 7 or 8 seasons. And the final 2 seasons were officially announced and ordered more than a year and a half before they signed on to do Star Wars.
They rushed the seasons because they were ready to do other projects, Star Wars or not, they rushed the seasons to an end when HBO could’ve easily let them walk and gotten passionate runners who would give HBO the 10 seasons they actually wanted