OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Daps
I remember hearin a theory about daenerys getting murked and night king bringing her back as the night queen and both of em tearing shyt up and taking over everything :whew:would have been a much more dope ending..
jon betrays dany
the night king is not actually dead (or didn't seem to die in the first place)
jon vs. the night king and his night queen
large scale final sword fight between jon and night king w/ his army watching (out of respect)
emotional goodbye to dany from jon
jon doesn't want to be king and like the ending in the show jon joins the free folk

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
So after throwing GOT in the bushes for Star Wars, they're not even doing the trilogy anymore:stopitslime::francis::snoop:

Game of Thrones showrunners quit Star Wars trilogy to work on Netflix projects

These dudes really tanked the most popular television show of the era for...nothing. To speed write a treatment for a Star Wars trilogy that will never be made. And it was so obvious. Disney been milking the shyt out of SW, we all knew at some point they'd fukk up and have to cut projects. Of course it happened to be this one.

You can't tell me they couldn't have made 10 episodes of the final season and actually did it proper. Even if they kept the same dumbass decisions, having more time would have at least made it somewhat more tolerable.

Elle Seven

Superstar
Daps
It's so funny to think this day last year, GOT fans were eagerly counting down the days to the premiere of the final season on the 14th of the month...not knowing many of us would be pissed off by the middle of May when it ended, to the point fans around the world would be roused to ire and signing a petition, demanding to have it remade.

And now, an entire year later, us same fans are in the middle of a global pandemic and most of us are under quarantine of some sort, pissed off en masse again, lmao, and life as we know it is damn near completely unrecognizable. All that stuff seems utterly laughable now.

Life is funny indeed.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
It's so funny to think this day last year, GOT fans were eagerly counting down the days to the premiere of the final season on the 14th of the month...not knowing many of us would be pissed off by the middle of May when it ended, to the point fans around the world would be roused to ire and signing a petition, demanding to have it remade.

And now, an entire year later, us same fans are in the middle of a global pandemic and most of us are under quarantine of some sort, pissed off en masse again, lmao, and life as we know it is damn near completely unrecognizable. All that stuff seems utterly laughable now.

Life is funny indeed.

that was worse :mjlol:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Life is funny indeed.

Season 8 is even more trash now because nobody wants to do a re-watch while quarantined.

Fred.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I'm :dead: at book readers still trying to convince people seasons 5-6 are as bad as 7 and especially 8.

Cut the bullshyt out breh. It's not remotely in the same ball park. It's not even the same sport.

Fred.
I personally haven't seen anyone putting 7/8 on the same level as 5/6, especially 6.

You should ban those people so we don't have to see those awful takes.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
All of the hallmarks of the horrible writing we'd see in season 7 and 8 are in seasons 5 and 6, too. Arya in Braacos arc in season 6 was horrible. The build up to the battle of the b*stards (mainly the Sansa, Jon, Littlefinger web) doesn't make any sense when you think about it, and Littlefinger being an absolute idiot with a nonsensical plan was all in season 5. And I don't even have to go into Dorne.

It's just that those seasons had other saving graces that made people forgive those show only writing failures. And they had enough fan service, wtf wow spectacle moments that didn't ruin the fan favorite characters that made fans give the show a pass. Season 6 is this strange season that had a ton of highs, but the lows are reaaaaaaally low. And most of the characterization issues I had with seasons 7 and 8 are extensions of poor characterization in 6.

Seasons 7 and 8 are worse than 5 and 6. But it isn't revisionist history at all to say seasons 5 and 6 had garbage writing, or that all of the signs that this ship was sinking were there years before seasons 7 and 8 aired. D&D didn't just start being shyt writers magically in seasons 7 and 8.

Last edited:

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
I was high the other day watching the season and thought through this elaborate way of redoing the season by making a few changes. I lost most of it, but broad strokes, because why the fukk not -

To begin, the season has to be a full 10 episodes, but to work within the parameters they set, Battle of Winterfell takes place over the first 2 episodes and it's a complete fukking massacre. Dothraki, Unsullied, all slaughtered. Completely. Brienne, killed in battle after being knighted by Jamie. Jamie, killed in war, trying to save Brienne. Second Sons and Dario appears slaughtered. Wildlings. Everyone fighting, slaughtered. Missandei, Sansa, Sam, Gilly, everyone that died during the battle for real, gone - one of the wites get to little Sam, turn him, right in front of Sam, who dies trying to defend the baby and comes full circle with how he saved the baby. Davos, Melisandre, Varys. Make this shyt as bleak as fukk. Tyrion, Bran, Jon, Danerys are the sole survivors, purely because Danerys scoops them up with Drogon in a last ditch effort.

Danerys is fukked up from all of the death of her people, guilty for effectively killing off the Starks, angry. Jon is fukked up about everything, they flee to King's Landing to warn of what happened to them, Cersei laughs them off until finding out Jamie died and sends her army after them - Danerys, furious and finally snaps, burns King's Landing down with Drogon. Bran confides in Tyrion and Jon about everything and the ending to me can go in one of 2 ways -

Mad Queen of the Ashes, kills Jon and Tyrion after finding out Jon's secret

Jon and Tyrion conspire to kill her, Tyrion is King and rebuilds King's Landing, Jon rebuilds the North, or Tyrion is an advisor to
Bran who is named King, but not in the "I knew it all along way"

Oh yeah - And all along, the dead continue to march on, death being a constantly looking.

:yeshrug:

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
All of the hallmarks of the horrible writing we'd see in season 7 and 8 are in seasons 5 and 6, too. Arya in Braacos arc in season 6 was horrible. The build up to the battle of the b*stards (mainly the Sansa, Jon, Littlefinger web) doesn't make any sense when you think about it, and Littlefinger being an absolute idiot with a nonsensical plan was all in season 5. And I don't even have to go into Dorne.

It's just that those seasons had other saving graces that made people forgive those show only writing failures. And they had enough fan service, wtf wow spectacle moments that didn't ruin the fan favorite characters that made fans give the show a pass. Season 6 is this strange season that had a ton of highs, but the lows are reaaaaaaally low. And most of the characterization issues I had with seasons 7 and 8 are extensions of poor characterization in 6.

Seasons 7 and 8 are worse than 5 and 6. But it isn't revisionist history at all to say seasons 5 and 6 had garbage writing, or that all of the signs that this ship was sinking were there years before seasons 7 and 8 aired. D&D didn't just start being shyt writers magically in seasons 7 and 8.

Man this ain't what people said, and it's not why we're discussing this in the first place.

The original poster I quoted said, we should've seen that 7 and 8 would fall off as bad as they did....due to the writing of 5 and 6. Which is fukking lunacy. And not the same as saying "5 and 6 had problems". You can go read the season 5 and 6 threads....and even the worst critiques would be considered high praise compared to how 7 and especially 8 got tore apart. By both fans and critics.

Fred.