OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Disregard if this is already known but DnD interview at the Austin Film Festival about Game of Thrones. Interesting read, it's a twitter thread :francis:

Here's the whole thread detailing the AustinFilmFestival Game of Thrones

Thought of Game of Thrones as film school. They got the job, even though they were not qualified:mjtf:, glorified hacks:wow:

They didn't want to hire other writers.:mjgrin:

Why did GRRM sign off on this :scust:

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
Why did GRRM sign off on this :scust:
iirc, HBO weren't going to get all the rights to the series and he already signed off to another A Song of Ice & Fire movie/TV Show from another company before that.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I remember them saying that knowing who Jon's parents were was the deciding factor in GRRM giving them the green light. Now I'm guessing those 2 clowns just browsed the ASOIAF subreddit and figured the important shyt. No way these 2 morons reached that conclusion on their own.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
It's incredible reading all this stuff now. You look at all the work put in by everyone else from scouting site locations, building towns, costumes, to making sure pyrotechnics are spot on and safe, people hand crafting dire wolves to be placed at the top of the library which you can't even catch unless you watch the behind the scenes EPs. All the little attention to detail shyt. Even coloring leaves for the Weirdwood tree.

And then you have these two jackoffs flying by the seat of their pants to ultimately end the entire series. Just incredible. Even Cogman has barely any writing credits other then some other show around 2008, but I don't want to go too hard at dude since everyone has to get their start at some point I guess.

Last edited:

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL