OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Man like Benioff and Weiss heard the stampede of angry stans in the distance and bailed on Comic-con :dead::dead::dead:.

Game of Thrones creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss will not be attending San Diego Comic-Con this week, HBO announced.

The two showrunners were slated to appear at the Game of Thrones panel on Friday, July 19, but the last minute change to the original lineup - just two days before the panel - was announced on Wednesday with HBO claiming (via CNET) it was "due to production and scheduling conflicts."

Skated on the rest of the panelists like

CircularSpeedyHalicore-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Man like Benioff and Weiss heard the stampede of angry stans in the distance and bailed on Comic-con :dead::dead::dead:.

Skated on the rest of the panelists like

CircularSpeedyHalicore-size_restricted.gif

:mjlol:

Every Tweet in response to this info is literally "yeah, the fans were gonna go in on them."

It's especially fukked up because the actors are still gonna be there and potentially gotta field awkward questions about season 8. :francis:

Fred.

Elle Seven

Superstar
Daps

Come on now...we are not surprised at these answers from the actors ...given it should have been D&D answering these questions but, in the end, ultimately didn't have to.

I expected more shenanigans and feel glad the actors got thru the panel relatively unscathed though. I know they must be happy to get their money and get the hell out of dodge now.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got a couple things i wanna get off my chest.

There seems to be a push by many modern writers where they feel as though they are above giving the audience a satisfying or for lack of a better word "good" ending. The good ending is something that is considered too easy, its not sophisticated enough for their intended audience and they want to use their writing to separate themselves from their less craft peers. It leads to situations like Mass Effect 3, Lost, etc... where the audience doesn't feel like the payoff was worth the time and money invested in the story. No i dont want to use my imagination and surmise myself what happened, tell me what happened. You were doing that for the last few years so i dont have a problem with you closing out the story in a way that gives closure to everything. And no i dont want an ending where i end up feeling bad or uneasy upon completion of the story. I dont know if GRMM ever intended for his story to be as large as it is in pop culture so i cant blame him 100% for this everybody you like loses ending but i cant imagine that even if the show never existed the readers would have been happy with this outcome.

Second thing and it ties to the first is if there was more that could have been done to flesh out this story before this ending it should have been done. If D&D didnt want to continue with the show then replace them with someone that does want to work on it, but make sure the story is told in a way that at the very least gives justification to the ending and doesnt turn everyone into a complete idiot to justify what happens. At this point im looking at the ending and what happens to each character and almost nobody deserves what happens to them. And by deserves i dont mean you did something bad so bad things should happen to you what i mean is that what happens to them isnt justified in the story.
Bolded is FACTS

Writers have gotten so arrogant and self important that they view and treat fans like subjects and peons

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
One those shows where the ending ruined any chances of enjoying the previous seasons
:mjcry:

Not even Bran ending up as King..

But the ending was so damn rushed when it didn't have to be.

So many great shows that were forced to end early meanwhile these dudes chose to end early on their own shytty terms
:mjaggy:

Imagine if The Wire and Chase got the greenlight to take as much time as he needed to finish:noah:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
One those shows where the ending ruined any chances of enjoying the previous seasons
:mjcry:

Not even Bran ending up as King..

But the ending was so damn rushed when it didn't have to be.

So many great shows that were forced to end early meanwhile these dudes chose to end early on their own shytty terms
:mjaggy:

Imagine if The Wire and Chase got the greenlight to take as much time as he needed to finish:noah:
Previous seasons still piff. I sat down & watched like every character arc on youtube the past month and man I don’t ever recall a show having this much depth of such strong characters with such great stories :wow:

Tywin
Margery
Olenna
Snowman
Khaleesi
Tyrion
The Hound
Arya
Brienne
Bronn
Pod
Tyrion
Jamie
Cersei
Joffrey
Ramsay
Tormund
Stannis
Jorah
Davos
Littlefinger
Varys
Theonset :mjlol: (That redemption tho :wow:)

Etc., Etc., Etc. :wow:

Its still fukk D&D and fukk season 8 tho :pacspit: