OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its been said a million times before but I’ll say it again since it was bumped, I have never seen such a critically acclaimed, complex and amazingly written show take such a dive into complete shyt as I did with this show in its final season.

Even more nuts when you know they had the green light from HBO AND GRRM to take as many seasons as they needed with pretty much an unlimited budget...fukking unheard of and an incredible waste :francis:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
u71d9e884xh31.jpg

• Dap
Reactions: hex

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I finished the season and read through this whole thread :whew:

The amount of stans in the beginning defending everything to when you get to episode 5 and only 2 or 3 dudes defending the show, straight comedy :mjlol:
Shyt went straight down:
red_arrow_down_crash_md_wm.jpg

D&D wanted to end the show early so they could focus on Star Wars, so just rushed this shyt. Dudes are garbage-ass writers without GRRMs material.

I remember in 2009 when the show was announced, it got me into the books, and I furiously read them. But then I was cautiously optimistic that the series was not finished and that the show will begin in 2011, since GRRM was taking longer and longer to finish a book. Then of course, the show outpaces the books :martin:, and here is the result.
This might be a low-key win for GRRM, now that people are anticipating the books even more after that shytty ending. Shyt is never coming out though :shaq2:

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
why this thread had to be bumped.

i've been repressing memories of GoT but something will always come up after few months to trigger me again.

fukk the starks, fukk the north, fukk that low iq b*stard snow, fukk sam tully, fukk the imp, fukk the lord of light, fukk the dothraki, unsullied and iron born for not riding for their queen.

I reckon the dark phoenix x-men movie might've flopped because of GoT fallout: people were sick of seeing that grimy bytch sansa's face, coupled with how shyt the last season was.

Trustus

Black like the planet that they fear
Supporter
Daps
Disregard if this is already known but DnD interview at the Austin Film Festival about Game of Thrones. Interesting read, it's a twitter thread :francis:

Here's the whole thread detailing the AustinFilmFestival Game of Thrones

Thought of Game of Thrones as film school. They got the job, even though they were not qualified:mjtf:, glorified hacks:wow:

They didn't want to hire other writers.:mjgrin: