OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Lord, have mercy.
Now that the show is over.. If you go to the books, you see that she didn't cause him to fall off the horse by treating the wound... She only fukked him up when it was time for the blood magic portion and Danny traded her son. If she never did the blood magic or touched the wound, he would have still died from that wound

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps

surfer_1f3c4.png

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Just ten more episodes would have done the job. Add 5 to S7 and 5 to S8. Should have been able to get longer glimpses at:

-Jon ruling the north, as well as Sansa's northern ambitions. Dany seeing both up close would have been interesting

-Would have been cool to see more of Tormund and the remaining NW's journey from the Wall to Winterfell. Having them see some more wild shyt, run into Others, etc....would have been interesting and a nice way to add some action into an episode (or 2) that would be dialogue heavy

-Westeros. What happened to Westeros? Surely great lords would have come to Winterfell after the battle to see Dany and her dragons, and see whether she was worthy of support. Likewise when Jon was marching to KL, surely he would have been met by lords who would take stock of him and consider him king worthy. Instead S8 basically turned Westeros into KL, the kings road, and Winterfell.

-Small Council meetings. Cersei was invisible in S8. Where were the council meetings. Where were the scenes of her inviting great lords to KL to win/buy their support. If they didn't fukk up Dorne it would have been a good opportunity to bring the Dornish back into the fold and delve into just how Dorne managed not to be conquered by the Targaryens during Aegon's Conquest (guerrilla warfare).

when they ran out of detailed book material and had to get by on bullet points from GRRM, they had a chance to show how good they were at writing. They obviously blew it.

Daps
Never did check for this show. Am I in for a treat if I start binge watching on the fire stick. Heard it was boring
Binge it. Yes you are in for a treat. This show was mentioned with the GOATs before
D&D dropped the ball.

1st 4 seasons are GOAT.
Don't get spoiled and you will see some of the most shocking twists
and turns
5th season is kind of weak IMO.
6th season is return to form and is really good.
7th season is so so.
The 8th season is horrible, especially compared to the 1st 4 seasons.

Last edited:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Binge it. Yes you are in for a treat. This show was mentioned with the GOATs before
D&D dropped the ball.

1st 4 seasons are GOAT.
Don't get spoiled and you will see some of the most shocking twists
and turns
5th season is kind of weak IMO.
6th season is return to form and is really good.
7th season is so so.
The 8th season is horrible, especially compared to the 1st 4 seasons.
@Kerkum

This....

I have a friend who just binged it and she really loved it and as bad as the writing is in season 8, and how rushed things got, the dialogue for the most part is still on point. Overall its a really well written show, until they ran out of material to adapt. Hell even season 6 is excellent and that was all without book material.

Without having to wait 1 1/2 years between seasons it may be more forgivable.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
@Kerkum

This....

I have a friend who just binged it and she really loved it and as bad as the writing is in season 8, and how rushed things got, the dialogue for the most part is still on point. Overall its a really well written show, until they ran out of material to adapt. Hell even season 6 is excellent and that was all without book material.

Without having to wait 1 1/2 years between seasons it may be more forgivable.
the beginning of the battle of slavers bay is in the books, they replaced barristan with tyrion, and balon death and eurons appearance is also in the book, it just happens earlier