OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Looking back after a couple months, the hate train wasn’t all hype and bandwagoners, this shyt really was that disappointing and trash, unreal how much they really fukked up
Went from top 5 to not mentioned at all.

I mean AT ALL. I’m a huge fan. Y’all are huge fans. The world was on this bandwagon.

Do you hear anyone ever talk about this anymore? Bring it up with the goats? Even mention it besides to trash the last season?

Pure and utter trash seasons, left everyone with a bad taste. I don’t even think I could rewatch it at this point

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I mean AT ALL. I’m a huge fan. Y’all are huge fans. The world was on this bandwagon.

Do you hear anyone ever talk about this anymore? Bring it up with the goats? Even mention it besides to trash the last season?

Pure and utter trash seasons, left everyone with a bad taste. I don’t even think I could rewatch it at this point

Not at all

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

I do think they did themselves a disservice, how huge this show was, the last must watch upon airing show, the bandwagoning and binging that happened in the last two seasons just to be in the know, and now silence. but i also think it's still too soon for people to remember how they felt about the show in its entirety because of this season. once people get some space from it, i think most will have it top 5-10 yet always caveating it by saying "season 8 sucks/doesn't count".

they did fumble hard tho :wow: and it sucks even more because they didn't need to. just a little humility from d&d to hand it off would've saved it.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
They fukked up the bag and fukked up the show. HBO should have stepped in and forced D&D to move on, so they could give the show to Cogman. S7 and S8 should have been at least 8 episodes each. There was literally no reason to rush this, outside of "D&D have to do Star Wars now."

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Looking back after a couple months, the hate train wasn’t all hype and bandwagoners, this shyt really was that disappointing and trash, unreal how much they really fukked up

We had quite a few folks in here juelzing and caping:cape:for the show runners of “what if the slave owners won” going back to when the show started showing major cracks in season 5, and especially 7. People were trying to point out the signs then but they got called haters.

It really took season 8 to pull back th curtain and see how funny the scripts looked in the light. These dudes either didn’t give a shyt anymore or just weren’t good writers (or a terrible combination of both) and season 8 exposed all of that so plainly that even casuals saw the difference.

Only so long fake writers can pretend.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
We had quite a few folks in here juelzing and caping:cape:for the show runners of “what if the slave owners won” going back to when the show started showing major cracks in season 5, and especially 7. People were trying to point out the signs then but they got called haters.

It really took season 8 to pull back th curtain and see how funny the scripts looked in the light. These dudes either didn’t give a shyt anymore or just weren’t good writers (or a terrible combination of both) and season 8 exposed all of that so plainly that even casuals saw the difference.

Only so long fake writers can pretend.
that's exactly when they ran out of book material... shyt writers was definitely the issue

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This really was one of the worst finale’s of all of television. If you would have told me even two years ago that the showrunners were going to stink it up THIS badly I wouldn’t have believed it for a second.

I mean its ALL TIME bad. Almost zero redeeming qualities outside the actors all acting their ASSES off trying to save that shyt-show of a season. Its awful.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix

Looking back now, this Aftermath of Battle of Winterfell teaser promo is actually quite funny and also :mjcry: at the same damn time.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

Nope...

this got trashed for a week after the finale.. and then just disappeared

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Just ten more episodes would have done the job. Add 5 to S7 and 5 to S8. Should have been able to get longer glimpses at:

-Jon ruling the north, as well as Sansa's northern ambitions. Dany seeing both up close would have been interesting

-Would have been cool to see more of Tormund and the remaining NW's journey from the Wall to Winterfell. Having them see some more wild shyt, run into Others, etc....would have been interesting and a nice way to add some action into an episode (or 2) that would be dialogue heavy

-Westeros. What happened to Westeros? Surely great lords would have come to Winterfell after the battle to see Dany and her dragons, and see whether she was worthy of support. Likewise when Jon was marching to KL, surely he would have been met by lords who would take stock of him and consider him king worthy. Instead S8 basically turned Westeros into KL, the kings road, and Winterfell.

-Small Council meetings. Cersei was invisible in S8. Where were the council meetings. Where were the scenes of her inviting great lords to KL to win/buy their support. If they didn't fukk up Dorne it would have been a good opportunity to bring the Dornish back into the fold and delve into just how Dorne managed not to be conquered by the Targaryens during Aegon's Conquest (guerrilla warfare).

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
He couldn't ride because that idiot told the witch to make her husband a poultice that damn near killed him.
He was dead and dying, falling off his horse THEN she got the witch to "help" him... He was already dead from infection if she never tried anything. Did y'all watch the show or just skim through it