OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Right. Varys, Tyrion, Snowman & Dany all go the opposite of what they been doing. & She had no reason to fear Jonn having the right to the throne, he never wanted it & gave her his support. He'd have gave her that shyt & went North. She never would've killed those innocent people. I binged this series, not spend years making up fan shyt. I literally watched them change her whole persona out of nowhere.

season #1 when she single handedly destroys her Dothraki tribe, her tyrannical behavior in Meereen, her poor management of Slavers Bay. People seem to have been so smitten by the pretty white girl they missed all this.

@Nappy Hacker Breh, I own season 1. Politely remind me when she got her tribe destroyed, I'll go back & rewatch to verify that. Slavers Bay? You joking? The places fell off after she left & funded stopping her. She deaded slavers & fukked up they money, she didn't mismanage shyt. You wanna hate her just cause she white do you, she did the most good shyt out of anyone on the show, not even a close 2nd out here.
B[/QUOTE]

What's with the red text?

Maybe it wasn't the first season, but she talks her Khal into allowing a witch who was just raped 3 times into using a "treatment" to cure a scar he TOLD her was just a scratch. Now, a warrior is probably going to know the kinds of wounds he needs treatment for. Said witch then poisons her husband and leaves him on his death bed. She then goes BACK to the witch for a blood magic (which is very much against Dothraki culture) cure and to deliver her baby. Said witch then kills baby, sterilizes her, and brings back the Khal brain dead but "alive." What she did then causes most of her tribe to abandon her except for a small group of loyal survivors. She's at that point a disgraced former Khaleesi who in their culture isn't worth shyt. I don't know why they retconned her later to be some kind of member of a wisdom tribe of widows since Jorah says she wasn't worth shyt to them after her Khal died.

Geek Nasty

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Nah, none of this works as an explanation:mjgrin: (and I'm not even sure what you're talking about when you say she destroyed her dothraki tribe in season 1).

Why? Because Varys supported Dany after everything that happened in Essos. It wasn't reluctant support either. He co-signed her. He told Tyrion that Dany was beloved by millions for her rule. In season 7, after she left Meereen, he straight up said he chose Dany because he believed in her. Nothing that happened in Essos made him think she wouldn't be good for the people of Westeros.

So again, what new information did Varys receive from the period of time where he brought Tyrion to her believing her to be a kind and just ruler, brokered an alliance between the Tyrells/Dornish to support her, and acted as her advisor during her campaign that made him go from full support of her to thinking she was a terrible tyrant of a leader, in your words.

Keep in mind, Varys is the same character that supported a Dothraki invasion of Westeros with Viserys and Khal Drogo leading the charge, back when the Dothraki culture was based entirely on raping, pilaging, and slavery. He supported this even though he knew they would have ran roughshod over Westeros. He supported this even though he knew Viserys was a piece of shyt.

Keep in mind that Dany put an end to the Dothraki raping, pilaging, and slavery. Keep in mind that she ALSO put an end to the Ironborn's raping and pilaging, by peacefully allowing them to remain as an independent kingdom to gain their support. Keep in mind that Dany spared Varys life and elevated him to one of the highest positions in her court, even after he conspired to murder her. Keep in mind that Dany just got done sacrificing half of her army to keep the realm safe from the white walkers.

With all of that on the table, when and how did he come to the conclusion that she was going to be a terrible leader that needed to be assassinated expeditiously?:mjgrin:

I've had this conversation before, and no one seems to be able to explain Varys sudden "this bytch crazy, I gotta kill her right now and no other option is available:damn::damn:" transformation without
full

I'm interested to see if you can provide a satisfying explanation, that doesn't directly contradict series long actions and dialogue from Varys.

A healthy fukk you on that point. I'm giving my opinion on the show, you don't like it go beat off with the rest of the haters. I don't have to convince you of shyt.

GoT is epic not episodic. Everything that happens before hand is a precursor. GoT starts out as a world of skepticism about magic and the supernatural. Tyrion doesn't even believe in anything that he hasn't seen direct evidence of (like dragon skulls). We get a couple foreshadowing hints throughout the series where people (Tyrion?) says shyt with almost exact same words (just because Danaerys [sic] blah blah doesn't mean she'll be a good queen). Danaerys' whole claim to the throne is destiny. Everyone who meets her starts thinking "well maybe she IS the one?" since she's got all these stars aligning behind her. Varys starts suspecting she's not The One first, and when they see the contrast with her and Jon Snow who would be a legit good king, he knows he fukked up hitching his wagon to her. Now, all the fukked up shyt she did in the past isn't just incidental, it's evidence. I think Tyrion is the one who points out the way she treated the slave masters is the way she'll treat any one of her enemies. And Jon Snow has a more legit claim than she does.

I didn't watch this show with a hardon for Emilia Clarke, I was watching her side eye the whole time after she fukked over the Dothraki. After that all the suspect shyt she did I put a checkmark next to. The show was telling you from day one she's as big an a$$hole as her brother was, she was just slick about it.

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
A healthy fukk you on that point. I'm giving my opinion on the show, you don't like it go beat off with the rest of the haters. I don't have to convince you of shyt.

GoT is epic not episodic. Everything that happens before hand is a precursor. GoT starts out as a world of skepticism about magic and the supernatural. Tyrion doesn't even believe in anything that he hasn't seen direct evidence of (like dragon skulls). We get a couple foreshadowing hints throughout the series where people (Tyrion?) says shyt with almost exact same words (just because Danaerys [sic] blah blah doesn't mean she'll be a good queen). Danaerys' whole claim to the throne is destiny. Everyone who meets her starts thinking "well maybe she IS the one?" since she's got all these stars aligning behind her. Varys starts suspecting she's not The One first, and when they see the contrast with her and Jon Snow who would be a legit good king, he knows he fukked up hitching his wagon to her. Now, all the fukked up shyt she did in the past isn't just incidental, it's evidence. I think Tyrion is the one who points out the way she treated the slave masters is the way she'll treat any one of her enemies. And Jon Snow has a more legit claim than she does.

I didn't watch this show with a hardon for Emilia Clarke, I was watching her side eye the whole time after she fukked over the Dothraki. After that all the suspect shyt she did I put a checkmark next to. The show was telling you from day one she's as big an a$$hole as her brother was, she was just slick about it.
:dead:All these words and you didn’t even answer brehs question.:heh: Because you can’t. What happened after the battle of winterfell to make Varys suspect Dany of being a tryrant?

Geek Nasty

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
:dead:All these words and you didn’t even answer brehs question.:heh: Because you can’t. What happened after the battle of winterfell to make Varys suspect Dany of being a tryrant?

Breh I just did, Varys ignores her past because he thinks she's the Chosen One. When he sees Jon Snow, sees his leadership style, and sees that he has a legit claim, he knows that he picked the wrong horse. That's what that whole exchange with Tyrion about when you stop supporting someone was about. Past is prologue as they say.

Now, if you think that Danaerys just magically "went crazy" in the last couple episodes, then you'll never agree with me.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
@Nappy Hacker Breh, I own season 1. Politely remind me when she got her tribe destroyed, I'll go back & rewatch to verify that. Slavers Bay? You joking? The places fell off after she left & funded stopping her. She deaded slavers & fukked up they money, she didn't mismanage shyt. You wanna hate her just cause she white do you, she did the most good shyt out of anyone on the show, not even a close 2nd out here.
B

What's with the red text?

Maybe it wasn't the first season, but she talks her Khal into allowing a witch who was just raped 3 times into using a "treatment" to cure a scar he TOLD her was just a scratch. Now, a warrior is probably going to know the kinds of wounds he needs treatment for. Said witch then poisons her husband and leaves him on his death bed. She then goes BACK to the witch for a blood magic (which is very much against Dothraki culture) cure and to deliver her baby. Said witch then kills baby, sterilizes her, and brings back the Khal brain dead but "alive." What she did then causes most of her tribe to abandon her except for a small group of loyal survivors. She's at that point a disgraced former Khaleesi who in their culture isn't worth shyt. I don't know why they retconned her later to be some kind of member of a wisdom tribe of widows since Jorah says she wasn't worth shyt to them after her Khal died.[/QUOTE]
Red is my favorite color, nothing else. Drogo was gonna die from infection & it was never verified she was sterile. Snowman even asked about it, but you right. She didn't do shyt to stop them following, he couldn't ride, cause his injury. I have