OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Finally came around to watching this. Binge-watched seven seasons in a couple months and just ended Season 8. I understand how people feel it was a let-down, though I can't say I didn't enjoy it myself. I'll probably watch the whole thing again in a couple months.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There a hound gravedigger storyline in the books, so you're wrong on that, and brienne and hound never fought in the books

Two times wrong
Hound/Gravedigger STORYLINE is a super stretch bruh:russ:

That shyt is 3 lines in the book:russ:

Kerkum

Superstar
Daps
Never did check for this show. Am I in for a treat if I start binge watching on the fire stick. Heard it was boring

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Never did check for this show. Am I in for a treat if I start binge watching on the fire stick. Heard it was boring

I binge watched seven seasons in a month :mjlol: if you're into this kind of medieval/fantasy thing you should like it. But it's far from being non-spot action, it's politics and intrigue, so sometimes a lot of dialogue. But mostly dope.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
I started watching in April, binged seasons 1-7 twice waiting for season 8 to end & binged that. Stayed out of this thread til the show was over & read through a lot.

I feel bad for the people that invested years in this shyt to get season 8 :lolbron:. shyt was beyond :trash:. I fukk with Robb Stark but it's #targset on mine. I'm cool with the places most people ended up but the rush job getting there fukked it all up.

-
*Mad queen Dany was horribly done, made her, Jonn, Tyrion & Varys all look ridiculous.
*Grey Worm not flatlining Jonn was not believable.
*Arya doing faceless shyt that dude never even got around to teaching her.
*I can't even pinpoint when Tyrion went from being a favorite to me not even liking him anymore.
*Jamie whole progression became pointless & him fukking Brienne felt forced.

*White walkers kicked the shyt off & after Hardhome I was waiting for Snowman Targaryen to get his fair one with the King.
*Oh yeah, finding out he was Targ meant nothing.
*Bran being king, dude should be a tree in winterfell doing whatever the Raven supposed to be doing.

-To me it's a great show that I can't even say fell off, the writers stopped giving a fukk.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Breh only thing I’m not sure of is if this isn’t the greatest show of all time :wow:

People hating on season 8 probably mad Becky with the White Hair didn’t get her Princess ending.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Breh....out of almost every character that made it that far....they just fukking bushed Varys in Season 7 and then had him just fukking out in the open being traitorous for 1.5 episodes and burnt him.

I’d be tossing that shyt too if I was him lmao!

That’s a season 1 actor, who played a pivotal role in so many things that went on and you have to imagine an actor that plays a character that long grows an opinion on why his character does what he does.

I think you all misread what was going on with Varys in the last 2 seasons. He establishes WELL before any of this that his loyalty is to the “Realm” and not to any King or Queen. Varys has always been a backstabber because at the moment he sees a leader is bad for the Realm, he’s going to start helping to overthrow him. He did it with The Mad King and King Robert and Cersei. Varys is a “man of the people” not a Lord and that’s how he operates. Even his “little birds” are poor children hovering around mansions that the wealthy ignore.

Usually, he can work behind the scenes to make things happen, but he’s not plugged in like that any more because with Danaerys he’s outside the “Machine.” He sees that she’s going to be a terrible tyrant of a leader and for the first time, goes all out exposing himself and sacrificing his own life to keep her from becoming Queen. It took him getting torched to turn Tyrion, so the sacrifice was worth it. That’s exactly how he should have gone out.

Of course the actor is going to be pissed he gets killed off when he’s been there since the first season.

Last edited:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
We’re shown it since season #1 when she single handedly destroys her Dothraki tribe, her tyrannical behavior in Meereen, her poor management of Slavers Bay. People seem to have been so smitten by the pretty white girl they missed all this.
Nah, none of this works as an explanation:mjgrin: (and I'm not even sure what you're talking about when you say she destroyed her dothraki tribe in season 1).

Why? Because Varys supported Dany after everything that happened in Essos. It wasn't reluctant support either. He co-signed her. He told Tyrion that Dany was beloved by millions for her rule. In season 7, after she left Meereen, he straight up said he chose Dany because he believed in her. Nothing that happened in Essos made him think she wouldn't be good for the people of Westeros.

So again, what new information did Varys receive from the period of time where he brought Tyrion to her believing her to be a kind and just ruler, brokered an alliance between the Tyrells/Dornish to support her, and acted as her advisor during her campaign that made him go from full support of her to thinking she was a terrible tyrant of a leader, in your words.

Keep in mind, Varys is the same character that supported a Dothraki invasion of Westeros with Viserys and Khal Drogo leading the charge, back when the Dothraki culture was based entirely on raping, pilaging, and slavery. He supported this even though he knew they would have ran roughshod over Westeros. He supported this even though he knew Viserys was a piece of shyt.

Keep in mind that Dany put an end to the Dothraki raping, pilaging, and slavery. Keep in mind that she ALSO put an end to the Ironborn's raping and pilaging, by peacefully allowing them to remain as an independent kingdom to gain their support. Keep in mind that Dany spared Varys life and elevated him to one of the highest positions in her court, even after he conspired to murder her. Keep in mind that Dany just got done sacrificing half of her army to keep the realm safe from the white walkers.

With all of that on the table, when and how did he come to the conclusion that she was going to be a terrible leader that needed to be assassinated expeditiously?:mjgrin:

I've had this conversation before, and no one seems to be able to explain Varys sudden "this bytch crazy, I gotta kill her right now and no other option is available:damn::damn:" transformation without
full

I'm interested to see if you can provide a satisfying explanation, that doesn't directly contradict series long actions and dialogue from Varys.

Last edited:

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
Nah, none of this works as an explanation:mjgrin: (and I'm not even sure what you're talking about when you say she destroyed her dothraki tribe in season 1).

Why? Because Varys supported Dany after everything that happened in Essos. It wasn't reluctant support either. He co-signed her. He told Tyrion that Dany was beloved by millions for her rule. In season 7, after she left Meereen, he straight up said he chose Dany because he believed in her. Nothing that happened in Essos made him think she wouldn't be good for the people of Westeros.

So again, what new information did Varys receive from the period of time where he brought Tyrion to her believing her to be a kind and just ruler, brokered an alliance between the Tyrells/Dornish to support her, and acted as her advisor during her campaign that made him go from full support of her to thinking she was a terrible tyrant of a leader, in your words.

Keep in mind, Varys is the same character that supported a Dothraki invasion of Westeros with Viserys and Khal Drogo leading the charge, back when the Dothraki culture was based entirely on raping, pilaging, and slavery. He supported this even though he knew they would have ran roughshod over Westeros. He supported this even though he knew Viserys was a piece of shyt.

Keep in mind that Dany put an end to the Dothraki raping, pilaging, and slavery. Keep in mind that she ALSO put an end to the Ironborn's raping and pilaging, by peacefully allowing them to remain as an independent kingdom to gain their support. Keep in mind that Dany spared Varys life and elevated him to one of the highest positions in her court, even after he conspired to murder her. Keep in mind that Dany just got done sacrificing half of her army to keep the realm safe from the white walkers.

With all of that on the table, when and how did he come to the conclusion that she was going to be a terrible leader that needed to be assassinated expeditiously?:mjgrin:

I've had this conversation before, and no one seems to be able to explain Varys sudden "this bytch crazy, I gotta kill her right now and no other option is available:damn::damn:" transformation without
full

I'm interested to see if you can provide a satisfying explanation, that doesn't directly contradict series long actions and dialogue from Varys.

Right. Varys, Tyrion, Snowman & Dany all go the opposite of what they been doing. & She had no reason to fear Jonn having the right to the throne, he never wanted it & gave her his support. He'd have gave her that shyt & went North. She never would've killed those innocent people. I binged this series, not spend years making up fan shyt. I literally watched them change her whole persona out of nowhere.

season #1 when she single handedly destroys her Dothraki tribe, her tyrannical behavior in Meereen, her poor management of Slavers Bay. People seem to have been so smitten by the pretty white girl they missed all this.[/QUOTE]

@Nappy Hacker Breh, I own season 1. Politely remind me when she got her tribe destroyed, I'll go back & rewatch to verify that. Slavers Bay? You joking? The places fell off after she left & funded stopping her. She deaded slavers & fukked up they money, she didn't mismanage shyt. You wanna hate her just cause she white do you, she did the most good shyt out of anyone on the show, not even a close 2nd out here.
B