OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
The Hound vs Brienne fight turned out it was better than Hound vs Mountain

Of course it was, Hound vs. Mountain was a trash.

"CleganeBowl," being a trash moniker, made it extra trash.

It's the show's most literal piece of fan service. Hound served no purpose for 4 additional seasons other than to fulfill the wish of reddit users theorizing an outcome best established IN THE BOOK, but held little weight on the show. I couldn't believe they went through with it

:trash:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Of course it was, Hound vs. Mountain was a trash.

"CleganeBowl," being a trash moniker, made it extra trash.

It's the show's most literal piece of fan service. Hound served no purpose for 4 additional seasons other than to fulfill the wish of reddit users theorizing an outcome best established IN THE BOOK, but held little weight on the show. I couldn't believe they went through with it

:trash:
There a hound gravedigger storyline in the books, so you're wrong on that, and brienne and hound never fought in the books

Two times wrong

Code

Banned
Daps
I wonder if emilia knows how much r/freefolk has been shytting on the show lmao

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Just binge watched the whole show first time, took me a month and I missed the season finale by a couple weeks but :wow: Wanted to get my thoughts down before reading this thread...

I been running through my mind if this isn't the GOAT TV show of all time. They opened the bank on some of the special effects especially the battle scenes. Movie quality TV episodes that are as long as movies :wow:
  • First season is one of my favorites because it's such a great contrast between "right" and cynicism. That whole season basically sums up the human social experience, why people ain't shyt, and why politicians ain't shyt.
  • All that T&A in the first 1/2 of the show :banderas: My girl Ros, they didn't need to create that titty deficit taking her out like that :mjcry:
  • My boy Tormund my favorite character, "Our babies will be monsters :shaq:"
  • No show will be the same after this, they just went all out and the special effects were seamless. You usually couldn't tell it was all done so well. I can't get over this was a TV SHOW :wow:
  • That Hodor reveal :wow:

Now the shyt that sat wrong with me:
  • The white supremacy theme, I wonder if people picked up on this. At first, I thought they were doing satire, but after a while :patrice:
    • The lilly white queen with blonde hair "everybody" fell in love with. I fukking hated her guts after season one when she got her Khal murked, got herself sterilized, and got her adopted tribe wiped out.
    • The Dothraki are "savages" but the whites of Westeros are out doing the same shyt in war AND peacetime :dahell:
    • The image of the white savior freeing all those brown people and walking through the brown crowds, thank you for all this freedom White Jesus! So long as you do exactly what she tells you :usure:
    • The Unsullied, the closest to a black group of people on the show, and conveniently they're nothing but killing machines with no dikks to intimidate white men :mjpls: Carrying spears of course and not questioning orders
    • Daenerys smashing a white dude in the open while married to an Mereen nobleman (brown skin) and having the nerve to shyt on her husband while this dude is all up on the royal stage. That bytch was something else :scust:
    • And the final insult, one of those racist movie themes is for the brown/black people to heroically sacrifice themselves so that good white people can go on living. In the Long Night, they had the Dothraki AND the Unsullied up front doing all the work while the rest waited in back :scust:
  • Making Bran the king? :dahell: boy is a space cadet. Even Robert smashing hos 24/7 you can at least knock on his door and get that fools attention. Brans going to get murked being hypnotized watching 500 year old bullshyt
  • The last couple seasons, they clowned on Tyrion. Dude was the cleverest schemer in the palace, then turns into a schmuck who can't see straight
  • More of the Agenda bullshyt
    • Arya being a tomboy was cute when she was a kid, but that got old when she grew up. Nobody afraid of a 90 lb girl with a pig sticker. Sending her to ninja school and making her the baddest on the planet was lame. Brienne at least is a skilled and tested warrior.
    • Sansa gets fukked in the ass by Ramsey, then turns in to General Patton. :dahell: Only thing I heard anybody getting out of butt fukking is a Bad Boy record deal, not King of the North :umad: And her outsmarting Baelish? Dude came up from nothing he wasn't getting suckered on some bullshyt
    • And that little girl from the Mormonts. Pet peeve of mine when they got kids talking like adults, but she acting like a damn general. And fighting the undead with grown ass men? :mjlol: When she killed that giant :snoop: Even the writer talking about it post show did it with the :francis: face
  • They did Jon Snow wrong the last part of the series. He's a natural leader and somehow they make him look weak and clueless being lead around by everyone else in the end

No more ducking spoilers in news articles and conversations :blessed: