Daps
Remember when we thought episodes 1 & 2 would be the worst ones
200.webp

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
There have been more stars that spawned from GoT already than most shows.

Rob Stark already won an Emmy for a different show
Khal Drogo is Aquaman

And that's not even including what the actors who were on the show til the end. Overall, I think most of the pivotal players in this show won't have an issue finding more work.

Hell, that dude that played Oberyn is in everything now. The show has already spawned several stars like you said.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
If people had this energy for season 7 we’d all be better off for it. I know people say they were giving them the benefit of the doubt for season 7 but look at the ratings on IMDB, every episode is over a 9.0. shyt is a joke. The Sansa/Arya storyline and the capture a zombie for Cersei story is just as bad as anything that happened this season.

The bandwagon fans enjoyed last season so D&D thought they could prioritize spectacle over character development. If there was an outcry last year with petitions and the whole 9 they would probably come correct for the final season.. maybe even come with ten episodes.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
If people had this energy for season 7 we’d all be better off for it. I know people say they were giving them the benefit of the doubt for season 7 but look at the ratings on IMDB, every episode is over a 9.0. shyt is a joke. The Sansa/Arya storyline and the capture a zombie for Cersei story is just as bad as anything that happened this season.

The bandwagon fans enjoyed last season so D&D thought they could prioritize spectacle over character development. If there was an outcry last year with petitions and the whole 9 they would probably come correct for the final season.. maybe even come with ten episodes.
yall gotta stop saying this. people had plenty beef with season 7.

bad things about season 7:
- pace
- writing
- senseless plot armor that started to take flight
- jack sparrow euron
(loot train, beyond the wall, sansa vs. arya got lit up for all of the above)

things that tempered season 7 not having the same reaction as 8, the overall story and character arcs and development all still made sense and built upon what was laid out in seasons 1-6. and yes, having season 8 lying ahead had a lot of people saying "let's see where it goes"

season 8 blew up damn near everything.
- shytty writing
- plot armor galore
- breakneck speed (jamie fukking and dipping on brienne in the span of 8 minutes, one night of winter)
- the episodes proved they needed more time as very important details, development, and reactions were cut
- incongruent storytelling from episode to episode (re-spawning dothraki, dungeons going from caved in to jamie and cersei lying under two bricks, sniper aim scorpions to 50 scorpions that cant hit shyt and are destroyed in 90 seconds)
- pretty much destroyed every character (tyrion, jon, varys, brienne, bran - but they never developed him well) or blew up their arc abruptly (dany, jamie, or in the case of arya killing the NK, simply because it was bad ass), sansa is the only character i can walk away from and be like "she made sense"...and even then, there are fifty leven posters who'd come in here and say d&d never sold her being smart...
- so much of what was emphasized in the series ended up not mattering - jon's heritage, NK/WW, the prophecy, dany's death :heh:

Season 7 was a 6/10, season 8 was a 3/10, at best, and that's mainly due to episode two, amazing set pieces/cinematography, and a killer score. They are not the same level of bad, but in hindsight, season 7 is now worse. There are 13 episodes between the two, slightly longer that one full season, it really did take seeing both, for the final verdict to be passed.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Then to top it off several of the actors are ALREADY, "I never have to work again, I can just live off the interest my money makes" rich -- just from the bread they made on the show. He'll I'd want to move on to something else too after 10 years. I'm already rich. fukk I need to go to Nova Scotia or wherever for 6 months out the year to freeze to death for? fukk that. :martin:

I really don't get how brehs are saying most of these people aren't going to have anything else going on. Peter Dinklage stays in some shyt. Brienne was just in two goddamn Star Wars movies; Little Finger, Emilia Clarke, Stannis eating. Kitt just did How to Train Your Dragon 3. Sophie Turner has become an "It Girl," and everyone is always talking about how fine she is and shyt. She's not going anywhere. Even "Jamie" has had his own movie and is eating. None of these people are/were struggling actors. It'd make sense if some of them wanted to do other things.

Damn near every example you gave is because of this show. No offense but if you think Gwendoline Christie would've been in "Star Wars" without the "GOT" stimulus package, you're insane.

The same goes for Kit Harrington. The promo for the last "How To Train Your Dragon" was literally a parody of "GOT":

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau starred in a movie....that flopped.

Maisie Williams is in an X-Men movie that got pushed back twice....now to 2020.

Sophie Turner is in an X-Men movie coming out next month that got pushed back twice, because Disney bought Fox.

And these are some of the most popular characters on the show.

Most of these actors do not have a gang of gigs lined up for them after "GOT". I'm not saying you'll go into a Starbucks two years from now and Sansa Stark will be taking your order....most of them will continue to work in some capacity....but this is the peak for like, 99% of this cast. The idea that they'd rather be looking for work, making less money....instead of starring on the biggest TV show in the world and being treated like rock stars....is crazy. There was zero peep out of any of them about leaving the show prior to the end being announced.

Fred.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Breh...
When else did you want the show to start turning the fukk up? We had been following it for 6-7 years, and Winter still was coming and we never saw Dany's Dragons put in work. I for one enjoyed the fukkery of last Season because it was done well and quite frankly, it was about damn time.

And with that said... They still had more to show so I don't get why people are even entertaining the notion that S7 was as bad as S8

:camby:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
yall gotta stop saying this. people had plenty beef with season 7.

bad things about season 7:
- pace
- writing
- senseless plot armor that started to take flight
- jack sparrow euron
(loot train, beyond the wall, sansa vs. arya got lit up for all of the above)

things that tempered season 7 not having the same reaction as 8, the overall story and character arcs and development all still made sense and built upon what was laid out in seasons 1-6. and yes, having season 8 lying ahead had a lot of people saying "let's see where it goes"

season 8 blew up damn near everything.
- shytty writing
- plot armor galore
- breakneck speed (jamie fukking and dipping on brienne in the span of 8 minutes, one night of winter)
- the episodes proved they needed more time as very important details, development, and reactions were cut
- incongruent storytelling from episode to episode (re-spawning dothraki, dungeons going from caved in to jamie and cersei lying under two bricks, sniper aim scorpions to 50 scorpions that cant hit shyt and are destroyed in 90 seconds)
- pretty much destroyed every character (tyrion, jon, varys, brienne, bran - but they never developed him well) or blew up their arc abruptly (dany, jamie, or in the case of arya killing the NK, simply because it was bad ass), sansa is the only character i can walk away from and be like "she made sense"...and even then, there are fifty leven posters who'd come in here and say d&d never sold her being smart...
- so much of what was emphasized in the series ended up not mattering - jon's heritage, NK/WW, the prophecy, dany's death :heh:

Season 7 was a 6/10, season 8 was a 3/10, at best, and that's mainly due to episode two, amazing set pieces/cinematography, and a killer score. They are not the same level of bad, but in hindsight, season 7 is now worse. There are 13 episodes between the two, slightly longer that one full season, it really did take seeing both, for the final verdict to be passed.
The fundamental difference is that the people that had “plenty of beef” with season 7 are the smarter fans that also criticized season 5. There wasn’t the massive outrage that exists now for season 8. People on twitter were still praising the show and IMDb and rotten tomato ratings were positive (in fact higher than previous seasons). D&D weren’t mainstream like they are now. The fact that they were able to get away with season 7 relatively unscathed paved the way for season 8.

I understand there are plenty of reasons why 8 has been shyt on and I completely support the outrage. I also understand that the showrunners still had some goodwill after 7 but instead of giving them a mulligan we should have seen 7 as a sign of things to come. Season 7 is the reason why season 8 exists. They shouldn’t have gotten a pass for shortened seasons, character inconsistency, heavy plot armor, deuce ex machinas, unrealistic pacing. Beyond the Wall is still the worst episode in show history imo and for that to be rated a 9.0 on IMDb is a complete joke. Thrones stopped Thrones with season 7 and the general public still ate that shyt up. There’s a reason why all of the actors are so dumbfounded by the outrage for season 8.