OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I couldnt reconcile the Grey Worm who was spearing and slitting the throats of surrendered soldiers (on his Queens orders, but he wanted to do it anyway) with the Grey Worm that let Tyrion Lannister, traitor to his queen, dominate the proceedings at that council meeting. Then, incredibly, Grey Worm acquiesced to the murderer of his queen getting off with a punishment that he had no way of making sure was even enforced 12 months from the date of the sentence.
What's to stop Jon Snow from saying "fukk this" and starting a family 5 years later?

It was bullshyt.

Ending implied that's exactly what he's doing. He just can't do it south of The Wall or he'll have to be executed for abandoning his post.

Daenerys had enough support to make sure the sentence was carried out. Jon fleeing south and allowed to live would probably insight all types of political fukkery. It would also be against Sansa and even Bran's interest if Jon was left to live among the people with his resume. Soon as either of them fukk up they'll hear "You're not even the rightful king! :pacspit:" :pachaha:

But Jon shouldn't have even been alive for a trial with the way everything played out. So yea, it was BS. :heh:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I asked this on here a long time ago.. Is there too much info required to watch tv anymore? It's like back in the day, you watched a show and the preview for next week and that's it.. Some people still watch like that. But for us, we all in tuned. There's the show, the after show, the podcast, the website, the netshow, the spin off, the movie, the comic, the graphic novel, several unofficial versions of everything I just listed and a behind the scenes featurette... Then they drop the box set with deleted scenes and more fukkery
for some shows, yea, it does help. other shows are fukking clowns for all the extra shyt and i laugh. every shows thinks they need a post-show discussion due to GOT inside and the success of Talking Dead (this discussion isn't needed, but people like it as its own program in its entirety) when most shows don't warrant it. they got all these director discussions for pretty straightforward shows like power and the chi, even barry. it's pretentious, especially when the directors don't do anything but make the show/rationale sound worse. clearly d&d's "kinda forgot" became a meme, but even things like the people on power who said all of it has taken place over six months :deadrose: shyt like that discredits the series IMO

this the only show i've discussed this deep. other shows, i mainly drop a few thoughts on an episode (or season if a netflix series) in a thread or two in here, maybe some lines/moments that made me lol, but otherwise i'm a watch and KIM person

And one last shout out to #starkset we made it...in a haphazard shytty storytelling kinda way, but we made it :banderas:
mH7zqPUNBsJtxvjpTDJn0G0HrILhwyg2N10mHcTCbgg.jpg

Last edited:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
IMO I think it is Bloodraven running everything. I'll explain why in a second. I'm speculating that the COTF where kinda of desperate because they knew what was coming and BR took advantage of that. Since he was the last greenseer before Bran they needed him. So he finessed them to protect him and hook him up the the Weirwood Tree so he would help them against the NK/Others.....but he was was really using it to prolong his life and find a way to extract revenge/get a new body

I'm not really a book reader so somebody correct me if I'm wrong....

BloodRaven(BR) was a Legitimized Targ prince that had a could of had a claim to the throne but wasnt well liked....but he was hand to 3 different kings and basically ruled the kingdom behind the scenes like Tywin did... He also had a reputation for killing targ family members that had challenge/claims to the throne (more on that)...At the end he was betrayed by the new king elected in a council (sound familiar) for killing Aenys Blackfire and banished to the wall. The king who arrested him and had him banished was Aegon V, of house Targ whoi Dany and Jon Snow are both descended from....

Now I believe BR would have wanted vengeance, he protected the throne from rebellion for generations and thought he was doing it for the good of the realm, he was playing the game of thrones over 100 years ago

fast forward he lures Bran but he tricked Bran, it was more like Hansel and Gretal to set him up. BR was a skin changer that needed a new body because he was dieing and only alive bc of the tree. But he specifically needed a greenseer to warg into, so he had to wait all this time for someone like Bran with magic abilities to come along so he can use his body

Concerning Bran - We are told many times during the season that Bran is dead, Bran died in that cave... Bran him self says I'm not Bran a bunch of times

So what happened to Bran? BR convinced him to warg into Hodor during the cave attack to save them. The NK kills BR while he is still warging inside of Bran's mind, while bran is inside present day Hodor holding back the door.....

as Hodor gets stabbed up what music is playing? The stark theme :wow: look at the scene again Hodor wasnt a stark, were they playing that music because Bran was getting killed at that cave stuck inside Hodor?

After that scene Bran is completeley different, BR took over his body and inherited Brans memories but its not Bran anymore it BR in a young strong body that has magic powers already

:mjcry:

From here on out BR is just orchestrating his plan to get back to the throne, first order of business.. get rid of Dany & Jon
Dany & Jon are both descended from the King Aegon V who banished him to the wall in the first place, Dany was killed after he used her (Maybe he warged into drogan?thats another discussion) and he sends Jon to the wall which is kind of poetic justice

The Golden Company also points to Bran being BR imo, In the books the founder of the Golden company was BR's brother and lifelong enemy Bittersteel. The Golden Company didnt really have a purpose in the show execpt getting massacred. That could be BR getting rid of his enemies decendants as well...

Sorry for the long post :yeshrug:

the 2 biggest arguments for Bran being BR

#1. the council meeting when Bran is elected, this scene really makes no sense other wise...unless you consider Aegon V got elected king in the same exact way at a Kings council meeting before arresting BR, Bran tells Tyrion "Why do you think I came here?" why else would he say that in that setting unless he was really BR. who else could he be, not Bran? The COTF dont care about a throne, it had to be BR in control

#2 After being King the first thing Bran ask at the table is where is the master or whisperers? thats important, when BR was Kings hand he was known for having a huge network of spies, so thats the first thing he would ask for back at Kings Landing. Then he asked about Drogon, his main concern is finiding the dragon he doesnt care about anything else. Its because BR is a targ and Targs want their dragons

Still not convinced

iu

Thats a Raven on her chest not a wolf

#Targset won in reality :francis:

The problem is they rushed this show. GRRM wanted at least 10 seasons, so we could have had 1 season of Dany slowing going crazy and another season that focus more on Bran visions or BR but I suppose they would have gave it away if they did that

For TV viewers the 3ER/BR was not done well but maybe thats why they want to focus on the prequels now and we will get a show about BR and the Blackfire rebellion
:leon: interesting

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
IMO I think it is Bloodraven running everything. I'll explain why in a second. I'm speculating that the COTF where kinda of desperate because they knew what was coming and BR took advantage of that. Since he was the last greenseer before Bran they needed him. So he finessed them to protect him and hook him up the the Weirwood Tree so he would help them against the NK/Others.....but he was was really using it to prolong his life and find a way to extract revenge/get a new body

I'm not really a book reader so somebody correct me if I'm wrong....

BloodRaven(BR) was a Legitimized Targ prince that had a could of had a claim to the throne but wasnt well liked....but he was hand to 3 different kings and basically ruled the kingdom behind the scenes like Tywin did... He also had a reputation for killing targ family members that had challenge/claims to the throne (more on that)...At the end he was betrayed by the new king elected in a council (sound familiar) for killing Aenys Blackfire and banished to the wall. The king who arrested him and had him banished was Aegon V, of house Targ whoi Dany and Jon Snow are both descended from....

Now I believe BR would have wanted vengeance, he protected the throne from rebellion for generations and thought he was doing it for the good of the realm, he was playing the game of thrones over 100 years ago

fast forward he lures Bran but he tricked Bran, it was more like Hansel and Gretal to set him up. BR was a skin changer that needed a new body because he was dieing and only alive bc of the tree. But he specifically needed a greenseer to warg into, so he had to wait all this time for someone like Bran with magic abilities to come along so he can use his body

Concerning Bran - We are told many times during the season that Bran is dead, Bran died in that cave... Bran him self says I'm not Bran a bunch of times

So what happened to Bran? BR convinced him to warg into Hodor during the cave attack to save them. The NK kills BR while he is still warging inside of Bran's mind, while bran is inside present day Hodor holding back the door.....

as Hodor gets stabbed up what music is playing? The stark theme :wow: look at the scene again Hodor wasnt a stark, were they playing that music because Bran was getting killed at that cave stuck inside Hodor?

After that scene Bran is completeley different, BR took over his body and inherited Brans memories but its not Bran anymore it BR in a young strong body that has magic powers already

:mjcry:

From here on out BR is just orchestrating his plan to get back to the throne, first order of business.. get rid of Dany & Jon
Dany & Jon are both descended from the King Aegon V who banished him to the wall in the first place, Dany was killed after he used her (Maybe he warged into drogan?thats another discussion) and he sends Jon to the wall which is kind of poetic justice

The Golden Company also points to Bran being BR imo, In the books the founder of the Golden company was BR's brother and lifelong enemy Bittersteel. The Golden Company didnt really have a purpose in the show execpt getting massacred. That could be BR getting rid of his enemies decendants as well...

Sorry for the long post :yeshrug:

the 2 biggest arguments for Bran being BR

#1. the council meeting when Bran is elected, this scene really makes no sense other wise...unless you consider Aegon V got elected king in the same exact way at a Kings council meeting before arresting BR, Bran tells Tyrion "Why do you think I came here?" why else would he say that in that setting unless he was really BR. who else could he be, not Bran? The COTF dont care about a throne, it had to be BR in control

#2 After being King the first thing Bran ask at the table is where is the master or whisperers? thats important, when BR was Kings hand he was known for having a huge network of spies, so thats the first thing he would ask for back at Kings Landing. Then he asked about Drogon, his main concern is finiding the dragon he doesnt care about anything else. Its because BR is a targ and Targs want their dragons

Still not convinced

iu

Thats a Raven on her chest not a wolf

#Targset won in reality :francis:

The problem is they rushed this show. GRRM wanted at least 10 seasons, so we could have had 1 season of Dany slowing going crazy and another season that focus more on Bran visions or BR but I suppose they would have gave it away if they did that

For TV viewers the 3ER/BR was not done well but maybe thats why they want to focus on the prequels now and we will get a show about BR and the Blackfire rebellion

Dope theory, but sounds way too deep for D&D of "Dany kind of forgot about the Iron Fleet" fame. I have a hard time believing GRRM would give them all that detail about the ending and even harder time thinking they would actually write it in. They bushed Dorne and a bunch of other, simpler sublplots. Was Bloodraven even ever mentioned on the show?