OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You said multiple shows with hundreds of actors and he points out 1 to try to counter your point

2019 way of arguing lol
There have been more stars that spawned from GoT already than most shows.

Rob Stark already won an Emmy for a different show
Khal Drogo is Aquaman

And that's not even including what the actors who were on the show til the end. Overall, I think most of the pivotal players in this show won't have an issue finding more work.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That's one thing I always have to remind myself about with anything discussed on this board.... Most people aren't doing all this shyt

This goes for music, sports, news stories, politics, movies, video games, all that... But lets just use game of thrones

Most of the world hasn't read the books... They don't know about any prophecies, all the crazy targs, who's john parents really were to the story, etc etc... If it wasn't on the show, they don't know about it and don't care... This goes for inside the episode too. Most people just turn that shyt off. They ain't on twitter looking up shyt, they definitely ain't on a message board, discussing season by season, 10k posts worth of discussion, zooming in on pics to find clues, and having a pow wow about what each scene means

I asked this on here a long time ago.. Is there too much info required to watch tv anymore? It's like back in the day, you watched a show and the preview for next week and that's it.. Some people still watch like that. But for us, we all in tuned. There's the show, the after show, the podcast, the website, the netshow, the spin off, the movie, the comic, the graphic novel, several unofficial versions of everything I just listed and a behind the scenes featurette... Then they drop the box set with deleted scenes and more fukkery

I can't blame people who just watched the show and that's it, for not knowing about all the dropped balls.. The coli and sites like it, are still a huge minority of people. Not everyone is out there doing all this. Reddit included. The finale alone was 18 million viewers before DVR, bootleg, rewatches and people watching together. I mean shyt, some bars had watch parties.. Look at how those fools cheered for Arya while we all was like WTF...

It obviously two different types of people tuning into entertainment these days... And the majority of them just watching tv and calling it a day
I just watched the show from week to week, and even stayed out of this thread until it was over and I still felt like it was complete trash.

I haven't read any of the books either. It wasn't hard to see the fall off no matter where you were in terms of GoT Lore knowledge. I haven't even seen too many people go out their way to defend this Season

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
fukk GRRM and them books if he has Bran on the iron throne as his ending too.

Makes no sense since Bran is the 3ER and lives forever. What reelection if 3ER lives forever?

I want to believe this is all on D&D shytty writing and diverging from the source material.

I don't know why people are giving GRRM a pass. He clearly doesn't know how to finish this shyt. If he's smart he'll change the ending. There are plenty of dope fan theories out there he could run would and just pretend it was his vision the whole time on some :troll: shyt.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
That's one thing I always have to remind myself about with anything discussed on this board.... Most people aren't doing all this shyt

This goes for music, sports, news stories, politics, movies, video games, all that... But lets just use game of thrones

Most of the world hasn't read the books... They don't know about any prophecies, all the crazy targs, who's john parents really were to the story, etc etc... If it wasn't on the show, they don't know about it and don't care... This goes for inside the episode too. Most people just turn that shyt off. They ain't on twitter looking up shyt, they definitely ain't on a message board, discussing season by season, 10k posts worth of discussion, zooming in on pics to find clues, and having a pow wow about what each scene means

I asked this on here a long time ago.. Is there too much info required to watch tv anymore? It's like back in the day, you watched a show and the preview for next week and that's it.. Some people still watch like that. But for us, we all in tuned. There's the show, the after show, the podcast, the website, the netshow, the spin off, the movie, the comic, the graphic novel, several unofficial versions of everything I just listed and a behind the scenes featurette... Then they drop the box set with deleted scenes and more fukkery

I can't blame people who just watched the show and that's it, for not knowing about all the dropped balls.. The coli and sites like it, are still a huge minority of people. Not everyone is out there doing all this. Reddit included. The finale alone was 18 million viewers before DVR, bootleg, rewatches and people watching together. I mean shyt, some bars had watch parties.. Look at how those fools cheered for Arya while we all was like WTF...

It obviously two different types of people tuning into entertainment these days... And the majority of them just watching tv and calling it a day

For stuff like power, queen of the south etc. I only tune in for the fukkery and entertainment.

But shows and movies with deep lore have to be held to a higher standard. Like GoT, Star Wars, LOTR etc.

I feel like D&D got caught up in that Rian Johnson style "subverting expectations" tripe with spectacular set pieces instead of focusing on substance. They did a decent job in season 5 and 6 so it's kind of triggering how they dumbed it down to finish quickly.

Last edited:

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
I don't know why people are giving GRRM a pass. He clearly doesn't know how to finish this shyt. If he's smart he'll change the ending. There are plenty of dope fan theories out there he could run would and just pretend it was his vision the whole time on some :troll: shyt.

this is the thing with the new star wars and GoT,

they could have searched the nerd forums and scouted the biggest talents to help with the writing and story building. they would have worked for peanuts, as they already
full
essays for free online anyway (like the breh above with the amazing blood raven theory :russ:)

instead they relied on hollywood divas who have no love for the source material/universe.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

The 2nd episode was bad, and I remembered thinking to myself, "There's only 6 episodes this season, and they wasted one on THAT?!"

I disagree. The 2nd episode was everything right with the show and everything wrong with the approach D&D gave the ending.

Ep.2 had a ton of cool character moments and legit made you feel :mjcry: because you could sense this was goodbye for a bunch of them. It didn't feel plot driven, characters for the most part did what we would expect them to do at that point in the story and was a perfect set up for the battle to come.

Problem was that the rest of season was so rushed and condensed that most of what happened in ep. 2 was render meaningless. But then again, a lot of what happened in the 69 or 70 episodes before the ending was rendered meaningless :francis:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Besides the Bran shyt, i’d rather he keep the main ending for Dany and Jon and provide more context for it. Dany’s descent into madness and Jon having to put her out should be piff coming from GRRM.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
There have been more stars that spawned from GoT already than most shows.

Rob Stark already won an Emmy for a different show
Khal Drogo is Aquaman

And that's not even including what the actors who were on the show til the end. Overall, I think most of the pivotal players in this show won't have an issue finding more work.
His role as Khal Drogo had no effect on his casting as Aquaman he was already in movies and hit shows prior to GoT

Dude was a regular in Baywatch, Stargate and was in Conan The Barbarian before Game of Thrones :francis: one of the biggest models in the world before Game of Thrones :dame: Dude bagged Lisa fukking Bonet back in 2005 :mjlol: a half a decade before GoT

It is funny though hes done near 2 billion in box office between 2 movies (Aquaman and Justice League) on top of being in the prime season of the biggest show of our lives

And no one knows his actual name :laff:

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I disagree. The 2nd episode was everything right with the show and everything wrong with the approach D&D gave the ending.

Ep.2 had a ton of cool character moments and legit made you feel :mjcry: because you could sense this was goodbye for a bunch of them. It didn't feel plot driven, characters for the most part did what we would expect them to do at that point in the story and was a perfect set up for the battle to come.

Problem was that the rest of season was so rushed and condensed that most of what happened in ep. 2 was render meaningless. But then again, a lot of what happened in the 69 or 70 episodes before the ending was rendered meaningless :francis:
It was inconsistent as any other episode. It was like a big farewell episode yet nobody died in the Long Night that people really cared about.

And it was plot driven because that's where Bran tells everyone that TNK is coming for him. Sam also gives his speech about what Bran represents in terms of everyone's memory which was a prelude to the ending we got. Jon tells Dany about his heritage etc.

:snoop:

At least the other episodes were entertaining and well shot. Episode 2 was a ton of filler mixed with few scenes that really were essential to the story's end. Overall it was a trash episode

:heh:

FLORIDA BOI

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I never read a book also i didnt want to ruin the show for me . but like the other post said I still seen this season as trash . I know the books are more detailed but damn , iv been waiting all this time for Winter to come. the tales of how bad its gonna be . man that was bullshyt. I'm not gonna even go down the line of things that wasted our time Brans abilities, Arya changing faces , the whites man they left us with a lot of BS . the let down was def the writing. I'm not mad at the story I'm mad how rushed and thrown together it was ruined this season . The details and deep background is what made everybody love this show they fukked this season over.

Last edited:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Brehs... I refuse to discuss this show with casuals anymore. Matter of fact, I think the show's popularity is a negative in the long run. I hopped on Facebook and people are saying the dumbest shyt possible. Talking bout "the finale was good. Yall need to stop complaining!" I just realize that I'm a man of finer tastes and can't engage in intellectual discussion with these fools.

Ehh, they balance out the bandwagon complainers mad at the wrong things.