OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
The reason a lot of actors get into acting is the chance to be someone else, a lot of them get burnt out from tv roles due to spending years as the same character

I don’t follow any of these actors outside the show, but if he wants to try his hand in a list movies, makes sense to want to move on when you’re in your early 30’s - it affords him a lot of versatility in the roles people would consider him for, plus he’s popular and white chicks think he’s sexy, skys the limit until he pulls a Taylor kitsch and delivers two expensive flops

Then to top it off several of the actors are ALREADY, "I never have to work again, I can just live off the interest my money makes" rich -- just from the bread they made on the show. He'll I'd want to move on to something else too after 10 years. I'm already rich. fukk I need to go to Nova Scotia or wherever for 6 months out the year to freeze to death for? fukk that. :martin:

I really don't get how brehs are saying most of these people aren't going to have anything else going on. Peter Dinklage stays in some shyt. Brienne was just in two goddamn Star Wars movies; Little Finger, Emilia Clarke, Stannis eating. Kitt just did How to Train Your Dragon 3. Sophie Turner has become an "It Girl," and everyone is always talking about how fine she is and shyt. She's not going anywhere. Even "Jamie" has had his own movie and is eating. None of these people are/were struggling actors. It'd make sense if some of them wanted to do other things.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Brehs... I refuse to discuss this show with casuals anymore. Matter of fact, I think the show's popularity is a negative in the long run. I hopped on Facebook and people are saying the dumbest shyt possible. Talking bout "the finale was good. Yall need to stop complaining!" I just realize that I'm a man of finer tastes and can't engage in intellectual discussion with these fools.
That's one thing I always have to remind myself about with anything discussed on this board.... Most people aren't doing all this shyt

This goes for music, sports, news stories, politics, movies, video games, all that... But lets just use game of thrones

Most of the world hasn't read the books... They don't know about any prophecies, all the crazy targs, who's john parents really were to the story, etc etc... If it wasn't on the show, they don't know about it and don't care... This goes for inside the episode too. Most people just turn that shyt off. They ain't on twitter looking up shyt, they definitely ain't on a message board, discussing season by season, 10k posts worth of discussion, zooming in on pics to find clues, and having a pow wow about what each scene means

I asked this on here a long time ago.. Is there too much info required to watch tv anymore? It's like back in the day, you watched a show and the preview for next week and that's it.. Some people still watch like that. But for us, we all in tuned. There's the show, the after show, the podcast, the website, the netshow, the spin off, the movie, the comic, the graphic novel, several unofficial versions of everything I just listed and a behind the scenes featurette... Then they drop the box set with deleted scenes and more fukkery

I can't blame people who just watched the show and that's it, for not knowing about all the dropped balls.. The coli and sites like it, are still a huge minority of people. Not everyone is out there doing all this. Reddit included. The finale alone was 18 million viewers before DVR, bootleg, rewatches and people watching together. I mean shyt, some bars had watch parties.. Look at how those fools cheered for Arya while we all was like WTF...

It obviously two different types of people tuning into entertainment these days... And the majority of them just watching tv and calling it a day

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Then to top it off several of the actors are ALREADY, "I never have to work again, I can just live off the interest my money makes" rich -- just from the bread they made on the show. He'll I'd want to move on to something else too after 10 years. I'm already rich. fukk I need to go to Nova Scotia or wherever for 6 months out the year to freeze to death for? fukk that. :martin:

I really don't get how brehs are saying most of these people aren't going to have anything else going on. Peter Dinklage stays in some shyt. Brienne was just in two goddamn Star Wars movies; Little Finger, Emilia Clarke, Stannis eating. Kitt just did How to Train Your Dragon 3. Sophie Turner has become an "It Girl," and everyone is always talking about how fine she is and shyt. She's not going anywhere. Even "Jamie" has had his own movie and is eating. None of these people are/were struggling actors. It'd make sense if some of them wanted to do other things.

I think game of thrones paid more than any of those jobs except for sophie turner. Jamie Lannister was the highest paid member on the cast.. Lena Hedley despite being in major movies was broke.. They needed this show..

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Can someone repost the gif of the NK jiggying his shoulders:mjlol: and qoute me
tenor.gif

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
I couldnt reconcile the Grey Worm who was spearing and slitting the throats of surrendered soldiers (on his Queens orders, but he wanted to do it anyway) with the Grey Worm that let Tyrion Lannister, traitor to his queen, dominate the proceedings at that council meeting. Then, incredibly, Grey Worm acquiesced to the murderer of his queen getting off with a punishment that he had no way of making sure was even enforced 12 months from the date of the sentence.
What's to stop Jon Snow from saying "fukk this" and starting a family 5 years later?

It was bullshyt.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I couldnt reconcile the Grey Worm who was spearing and slitting the throats of surrendered soldiers (on his Queens orders, but he wanted to do it anyway) with the Grey Worm that let Tyrion Lannister, traitor to his queen, dominate the proceedings at that council meeting. Then, incredibly, Grey Worm acquiesced to the murderer of his queen getting off with a punishment that he had no way of making sure was even enforced 12 months from the date of the sentence.
What's to stop Jon Snow from saying "fukk this" and starting a family 5 years later?

It was bullshyt.
12 months?

nikka was at the wall 12 minutes and ran off with the wildlings for a life of booze, p*ssy and camping...

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
That's one thing I always have to remind myself about with anything discussed on this board.... Most people aren't doing all this shyt

This goes for music, sports, news stories, politics, movies, video games, all that... But lets just use game of thrones

Most of the world hasn't read the books... They don't know about any prophecies, all the crazy targs, who's john parents really were to the story, etc etc... If it wasn't on the show, they don't know about it and don't care... This goes for inside the episode too. Most people just turn that shyt off. They ain't on twitter looking up shyt, they definitely ain't on a message board, discussing season by season, 10k posts worth of discussion, zooming in on pics to find clues, and having a pow wow about what each scene means

I asked this on here a long time ago.. Is there too much info required to watch tv anymore? It's like back in the day, you watched a show and the preview for next week and that's it.. Some people still watch like that. But for us, we all in tuned. There's the show, the after show, the podcast, the website, the netshow, the spin off, the movie, the comic, the graphic novel, several unofficial versions of everything I just listed and a behind the scenes featurette... Then they drop the box set with deleted scenes and more fukkery

I can't blame people who just watched the show and that's it, for not knowing about all the dropped balls.. The coli and sites like it, are still a huge minority of people. Not everyone is out there doing all this. Reddit included. The finale alone was 18 million viewers before DVR, bootleg, rewatches and people watching together. I mean shyt, some bars had watch parties.. Look at how those fools cheered for Arya while we all was like WTF...

It obviously two different types of people tuning into entertainment these days... And the majority of them just watching tv and calling it a day

And it makes watching so much more enjoyable:ahh:

gogogubari

Mjpls I'm already black
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
YERDMEH
IMO I think it is Bloodraven running everything. I'll explain why in a second. I'm speculating that the COTF where kinda of desperate because they knew what was coming and BR took advantage of that. Since he was the last greenseer before Bran they needed him. So he finessed them to protect him and hook him up the the Weirwood Tree so he would help them against the NK/Others.....but he was was really using it to prolong his life and find a way to extract revenge/get a new body

I'm not really a book reader so somebody correct me if I'm wrong....

BloodRaven(BR) was a Legitimized Targ prince that had a could of had a claim to the throne but wasnt well liked....but he was hand to 3 different kings and basically ruled the kingdom behind the scenes like Tywin did... He also had a reputation for killing targ family members that had challenge/claims to the throne (more on that)...At the end he was betrayed by the new king elected in a council (sound familiar) for killing Aenys Blackfire and banished to the wall. The king who arrested him and had him banished was Aegon V, of house Targ whoi Dany and Jon Snow are both descended from....

Now I believe BR would have wanted vengeance, he protected the throne from rebellion for generations and thought he was doing it for the good of the realm, he was playing the game of thrones over 100 years ago

fast forward he lures Bran but he tricked Bran, it was more like Hansel and Gretal to set him up. BR was a skin changer that needed a new body because he was dieing and only alive bc of the tree. But he specifically needed a greenseer to warg into, so he had to wait all this time for someone like Bran with magic abilities to come along so he can use his body

Concerning Bran - We are told many times during the season that Bran is dead, Bran died in that cave... Bran him self says I'm not Bran a bunch of times

So what happened to Bran? BR convinced him to warg into Hodor during the cave attack to save them. The NK kills BR while he is still warging inside of Bran's mind, while bran is inside present day Hodor holding back the door.....

as Hodor gets stabbed up what music is playing? The stark theme :wow: look at the scene again Hodor wasnt a stark, were they playing that music because Bran was getting killed at that cave stuck inside Hodor?

After that scene Bran is completeley different, BR took over his body and inherited Brans memories but its not Bran anymore it BR in a young strong body that has magic powers already

:mjcry:

From here on out BR is just orchestrating his plan to get back to the throne, first order of business.. get rid of Dany & Jon
Dany & Jon are both descended from the King Aegon V who banished him to the wall in the first place, Dany was killed after he used her (Maybe he warged into drogan?thats another discussion) and he sends Jon to the wall which is kind of poetic justice

The Golden Company also points to Bran being BR imo, In the books the founder of the Golden company was BR's brother and lifelong enemy Bittersteel. The Golden Company didnt really have a purpose in the show execpt getting massacred. That could be BR getting rid of his enemies decendants as well...

Sorry for the long post :yeshrug:

the 2 biggest arguments for Bran being BR

#1. the council meeting when Bran is elected, this scene really makes no sense other wise...unless you consider Aegon V got elected king in the same exact way at a Kings council meeting before arresting BR, Bran tells Tyrion "Why do you think I came here?" why else would he say that in that setting unless he was really BR. who else could he be, not Bran? The COTF dont care about a throne, it had to be BR in control

#2 After being King the first thing Bran ask at the table is where is the master or whisperers? thats important, when BR was Kings hand he was known for having a huge network of spies, so thats the first thing he would ask for back at Kings Landing. Then he asked about Drogon, his main concern is finiding the dragon he doesnt care about anything else. Its because BR is a targ and Targs want their dragons

Still not convinced

iu

Thats a Raven on her chest not a wolf

#Targset won in reality :francis:

The problem is they rushed this show. GRRM wanted at least 10 seasons, so we could have had 1 season of Dany slowing going crazy and another season that focus more on Bran visions or BR but I suppose they would have gave it away if they did that

For TV viewers the 3ER/BR was not done well but maybe thats why they want to focus on the prequels now and we will get a show about BR and the Blackfire rebellion

This is a great post. Targset is still on the throne smh.

I made mention that it looked as if someone warged into Tyrion when he was being held prisoner, right before the great council. Maybe that was BR guiding him to choose Bran?

Only if we had more time to flesh out the stories on screen.

ETA at the bolded: how many eyes does Bloodraven have? 1000 and one. :ohhh:

Last edited: