OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
Let's keep it real here, the vast majority of the people working on this show are not gonna have anything going on after "GOT". That's just how it goes. I'm sure a couple will break out as stars in their own right....but same as virtually every prestige drama before this one....this is the peak for most of the cast, crew, etc.

So I'm sure most of them would've jumped at the chance to keep the show going. Had Weiss and Benioff not ran "GOT" into the ground in favor of "Star Wars", I mean.

Fred.
Exactly look at the Sopranos, the wire, Black sails, etc most don't do anything of major note afterward

gogogubari

Mjpls I'm already black
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
YERDMEH
I disagree. I believe Bran IS Bryden.
This is what I said a few pages back. Bloodraven always wanted the throne. He finally has it.

Does this also means that the children of the forest rule Westeros again?

All of consciousness of the COTF, plus Bloodraven, plus Bran? Who’s leading who?

Like, what constitutes as ruling correctly? Who’s to say it’s right?

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
Let's keep it real here, the vast majority of the people working on this show are not gonna have anything going on after "GOT". That's just how it goes. I'm sure a couple will break out as stars in their own right....but same as virtually every prestige drama before this one....this is the peak for most of the cast, crew, etc.

So I'm sure most of them would've jumped at the chance to keep the show going. Had Weiss and Benioff not ran "GOT" into the ground in favor of "Star Wars", I mean.

Fred.
Alot of them aint the strongest actors either and benefited from a good story and large ensemble.
Post GOT gonna expose them, one of them next month:mjlol:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
Well it's not. George confirmed that most of it gonna end like this on his blog. It will be more fleshed out obviously but pretty much same endings.

I have only read up to half of the second book but unless in the books, GRRM have Bran still have Bran's personality and conscious, 3ER doesn't live forever and Bran was useful in the Battle of Winterfell, giving intel on the White Walker position, warg into a animal, going back in the past and discovering how the White Walker was defeated the last time, etc actually doing something heroic. I can't see GRRM having Bran on the iron throne unless all this happens.

They really butchered our boy

I thought episode 4 was going to have a scene just like this but with Dany being crown the Queen of the 7 kingdoms with the North 100% support. Instead they act like the Night King never happen and the Battle of Winterfell was already forgotten just so they could push the Mad Queen plot.

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I don't think more seasons was the issue, going 10+ seasons sounds good but like George said it would require everyone involved (cast, crew, etc) to commit essentially another decade and I'm sure they all wanted to move onto other things.

8 seasons was perfect, 13 episodes combined between 7 & 8 with the route they chose to take was where it became disastrous. Forcing themselves to conclude NK/Cersei/Mad Daeny in 6 episodes was absurd unless all those stories were going to intertwine.

Yea who would want another 14 pay checks at $100,000-500,000 per pay check for most the main characters? Its not like its their job to act rather GOT or on another set, right?

Kit Harrington aka Jon Snow, another $7 million in the bank? :mjlol: fukk that :troll:

Dany? $7 million for another 2 years of doing her job, which shes going to do because its her job? Why would she want millions :martin:

D&D were the only people involved in this with a bigger pay day then what GOT had for them and thats why they rushed this

Do you really see Kit Harrington making $500,000 an episode any where else in his career?

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
You think these guys anticipated this reaction or do you think they actually thought the season would be well received? If they knew the season would get this type of reaction do you think they would have done 10 episodes and maybe a 9th season or were they just so burnt out at this point that they just wanted to move on?

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Yea who would want another 14 pay checks at $100,000-500,000 per pay check for most the main characters? Its not like its their job to act rather GOT or on another set, right?

Kit Harrington aka Jon Snow, another $7 million in the bank? :mjlol: fukk that :troll:

Dany? $7 million for another 2 years of doing her job, which shes going to do because its her job? Why would she want millions :martin:

D&D were the only people involved in this with a bigger pay day then what GOT had for them and thats why they rushed this

Do you really see Kit Harrington making $500,000 an episode any where else in his career?
“It was emotional to leave the job, definitely,” Harington said. “But I wouldn’t say I was sad: If, like me, you go all the way back to the pilot of Game of Thrones, that’s almost 10 years of your life. That’s really unusual in an actor’s career.”

Though Harington is making upwards of $500,000 per episode and GoT has afforded him the part of a lifetime (for which he routinely expresses gratitude), it’s understandable why he’d want to move on at this point. “It was a huge emotional upheaval leaving that family,” he said. “But would I want to go back and do more? Not on your life.”

Given that he’s been in the role since the show began in 2011 and the difficulty of filming on multiple continents, why shouldn’t he be ready for the next stage of his career? You try shooting in freezing temperatures for half the year and see how you feel

The actor’s recent comments echo his previous sentiments about the looming conclusion of his Westerosi tenure. In October of 2017, Harington said, “Thrones is coming to the end at the right time for me…It will be liberating, just the thought of having a whole year free! You shoot for six months, but half of the projects you might want to do will have started shooting before that six months is over. There’s a lot of things you can’t do.” “I’m looking forward to finishing, and eight years is the right amount of time. I wouldn’t want it to go on any longer than it has. I have other ideas I’d like to look at producing.”

Like I said, 10+ seasons sounds good from the comfort of our homes watching, but George was right, I doubt many people involved with the show wanted to commit another chunk of a decade to making that happen. 8 seasons in 10 years was a perfect number to finish with, they just dropped the ball when it came to execution.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
“It was emotional to leave the job, definitely,” Harington said. “But I wouldn’t say I was sad: If, like me, you go all the way back to the pilot of Game of Thrones, that’s almost 10 years of your life. That’s really unusual in an actor’s career.”

Though Harington is making upwards of $500,000 per episode and GoT has afforded him the part of a lifetime (for which he routinely expresses gratitude), it’s understandable why he’d want to move on at this point. “It was a huge emotional upheaval leaving that family,” he said. “But would I want to go back and do more? Not on your life.”

Given that he’s been in the role since the show began in 2011 and the difficulty of filming on multiple continents, why shouldn’t he be ready for the next stage of his career? You try shooting in freezing temperatures for half the year and see how you feel

The actor’s recent comments echo his previous sentiments about the looming conclusion of his Westerosi tenure. In October of 2017, Harington said, “Thrones is coming to the end at the right time for me…It will be liberating, just the thought of having a whole year free! You shoot for six months, but half of the projects you might want to do will have started shooting before that six months is over. There’s a lot of things you can’t do.” “I’m looking forward to finishing, and eight years is the right amount of time. I wouldn’t want it to go on any longer than it has. I have other ideas I’d like to look at producing.”

Like I said, 10+ seasons sounds good from the comfort of our homes watching, but George was right, I doubt many people involved with the show wanted to commit another chunk of a decade to making that happen. 8 seasons in 10 years was a perfect number to finish with, they just dropped the ball when it came to execution.

This is after he found out that Season 8 was the last season.. its called acting professional and accepting fate.. what else could he say :mjlol: