OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
How did i miss this? :mindblown: Rep pending once im cleared to rep you again. Another show with @obarth the god of reviews down. Smh what show you onto next breh?
There's nothing too hype coming out until maybe Watchmen. Chernobyl has been dope. Handmaid's Tale is out in a couple weeks. I don't know, breh:yeshrug:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
We get no exposition on how Jon feels finding out he's not a b*stard. Finding out that his dad was Rhagar. He's basically turned into a maleable puppet who they don't even consider to sit the iron throne, even though it's his right. We're to just rely and lean on the plotpoint of Jon never wanted to rule to make sense of them banishing him North of Wall for being a "Queen Slayer" while the rest of the starks sit in comfy positions. All these houses from other Kingdoms and Grey Worm get to have a say in Jon's fate, and we're just made to accept it, because his character isn't fleshed out and we don't know what his ultimate goal was. We just accept and say "Yeah, Jon never wanted to rule, he just wanted to be amongst the free folk with his dog". Could've gotten to the same conclusion with a more nuanced thoughtout story. Didn't even give him a chance to abdicate the throne..they just basically called him a QueenSlayer and sent him on his way, even though it was Tyrion who talked him into it, and yet Tyrion becomes the hand of the king. It's the whole Lyanna+Rhaegar=Jon storyine was used as a plot device to drive Dany into madness and that was it. How is this a good thing?

:mindblown:
Days later and I'm still kinda confused on why they'd do Jon like that. Why use his lineage a plot device to drive Dany into madness. And even then the Mad Queen heel was poorly executed.

It would have been better to see Jon actually have the choice to sit the throne and then give it up. Jon's story is left with one big question mark. And than Dany's story just ends with her dying, and no one recognizing her sacrifices or her tragedy. Only Tyrion gave a speech on how good she was in the beginning and the only reason he gave that speech was to convince Jon to kill her.

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
The first half of the episode is gripping stuff, the second half of the episode just falls apart. I cant even take it seriously.
Why, when Sansa declared the North an independent kingdom, didnt Yara Greyjoy and whoever the fukk that was from Dorne instantly declare the same and what exactly could "King Bran" have done to stop them? Send Arya to slit their throats and start another war of the 7 kingdoms?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't think more seasons was the issue, going 10+ seasons sounds good but like George said it would require everyone involved (cast, crew, etc) to commit essentially another decade and I'm sure they all wanted to move onto other things.

8 seasons was perfect, 13 episodes combined between 7 & 8 with the route they chose to take was where it became disastrous. Forcing themselves to conclude NK/Cersei/Mad Daeny in 6 episodes was absurd unless all those stories were going to intertwine.

Let's keep it real here, the vast majority of the people working on this show are not gonna have anything going on after "GOT". That's just how it goes. I'm sure a couple will break out as stars in their own right....but same as virtually every prestige drama before this one....this is the peak for most of the cast, crew, etc.

So I'm sure most of them would've jumped at the chance to keep the show going. Had Weiss and Benioff not ran "GOT" into the ground in favor of "Star Wars", I mean.

Fred.