OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Has George RR Martin commented about all the fukkery yet?:pachaha:

I swear man got paid and now just shows up to HBO offices once a year to hear the ways the writers want to fukk his shyt up, gives them the

giphy.gif

and goes back to whatever he does for the other 364 days of the year.

Namely not finishing his books :dead:

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
:ohhh:Well damn, thats right

I was thinking about another reason that Bran being king was so jarring on the show, and it goes back to D&D being plot driven writers while GRRM is not. The way GOT was presented, the show was ALL about the iron throne. Marketed everywhere on every poster and ad from the very beginning. Who will sit on the throne?...Who will win the throne?....so when an 'undeserving' person ends up on the throne you get a collective WTF from the fans

Meanwhile, in GRRM's mind, the throne is nothing more than a prop used to present greater themes and also to drive characters decisions and force them into internal conflicts.

GRRM is writing about Shireen being burned. He is writing about Dany torching the city. He is writing about Jon killing Dany. He is not writing about who sits on the throne. That is just the outcome of these conflicts of the human heart.
Absolutely. The other thing that is really bothering me, is all this season and last, they have made Bran out to be no longer human, but once the throne came into the mix, he practically Thormund, cracking jokes and shyt.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I swear man got paid and now just shows up to HBO offices once a year to hear the ways the writers want to fukk his shyt up, gives them the

giphy.gif

I’m under the assumption he gave them parts of the real ending and some stuff he definitely wasn’t sure of and is just peeking from afar at this massscre like Walter Frey at the red wedding
Similarities-Between-Red-Wedding-Arya-Revenge.jpg

It’s be funny and genius if he finishes the book in the next year or so and drops it after the momentum the show brought but then books never coming ot

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?

giphy.gif

Yeah, he said "Will the book ending be the same as the show? yes and no, and yes and no, and yes and no." Fat ass troll can't help but be a fat ass troll.

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
Check out amazing concept art for the final episodes of Game of Thrones
by Dan Selcke 22 hours ago Follow @Dan_Selcke
The final couple episodes of Game of Thrones were among the most visually splendid ever, rather a tall claim given that has long been the best-looking show on TV.

Check out amazing concept art for the final episodes of Game of Thrones

FanSided Entertainment - Daily Highlights
Sponsored by Connatix
But images like that don’t just happen. It takes a long time to conceive, put together, and finalize them. Longtime Game of Thrones concept artist Kieran Belshaw comes along pretty early in the process, but given how closely the final product hews to his work, he’s obviously very important. For example, take a look at the photo from the show above, where Daenerys gives her warmongering speech to the Unsullied and Dothraki outside the ruined Red Keep. And now look at Belshaw’s concept image:

An earlier version shows the work Belshaw put in getting from points A to B…or maybe D or F, I don’t know how many versions there were in between:

Another great side-by-side is this shot of Daenerys addresses her public…

…with the concept art:

Once again, it’s interesting to see that the original concept had a much warmer color palette, perhaps before they added in the falling ash:

There’s a treasure trove of this stuff over at Belshaw’s website. Here’s Drogon shuffling out of the ash and confronting Jon Snow…

…Jaime and Cersei preparing for the end…

…and of course, CLEGANEBOWL:

Tremendous! It always pays to remember how much labor went into every episode before it aired.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
GRRM seems pretty sure he will release the next book by July 2020

Never forget.

Despite original, optimistic predictions of possible completion in late 2006, Martin completed the novel in April 2011, nearly five years later. During this period, Martin's blog featured sporadic updates on his progress, and in January 2008 he posted an update affirming his vigilant commitment to finishing the novel.[11] In early 2008, publisher Spectra Books (a division of Random House) announced that A Dance with Dragons would be released on September 30, 2008,[12] but Martin stated this would only be possible if he finished writing by the end of June, before his trip to Spain and Portugal;[13] he did not meet his goal.[14]

On February 19, 2009, Martin posted on his website: "I am trying to finish the book by June. I think I can do that. If I do, A Dance with Dragons will likely be published in September or October."[9] On June 22, 2009, the author expressed "guarded optimism" with respect to his progress on the novel, while still not confirming a publication date.[15] When asked in a July 2009 interview with FREE! Magazine how the book was going, Martin stated, "It is going pretty well, actually. I am hoping to finish it by September or October; that is my goal."[16] On October 6, 2009, Martin said that his working manuscript for A Dance With Dragons had just exceeded 1,100 pages of completed chapters, plus "considerably more in partials, fragments, and roughs."[17] He noted that this made the upcoming novel longer than his earlier books A Game of Thrones and A Feast for Crows, and nearly as long as A Clash of Kings.[17]

On March 2, 2010, Martin remarked that he had reached 1,311 manuscript pages, making Dance the second-longest novel in the series at that point, behind only the 1,521-page manuscript of A Storm of Swords.[18] On July 8, 2010, Martin spoke at a conference and confirmed the current length of the book to be 1,400 manuscript pages. He expressed his disappointment that he was unable to completely finish the novel by the conference, although he would not speculate how soon the book would be completed after his return home on July 11.[5] At the same conference, Martin also confirmed that he has written one Sansa, one Arya, and two Arianne chapters for the planned sixth novel, Winds of Winter, and had transferred two Cersei chapters from that book into A Dance with Dragons.[5] On August 7, 2010, Martin confirmed that he had completed eight POVs, excluding the prologue and epilogue.[19]

At the New York Comic Con on October 10, 2010, Spectra senior editor Anne Groell announced that Martin had only five chapters remaining to finish, with sections of the chapters already completed. She stated her desire to have the manuscript completed by December.[20] In a December 2010 interview with Bear Swarm, Martin stated that he almost had A Dance With Dragons completed.[21]

On March 3, 2011, the publisher announced that the novel, though at that point still not completed, would be officially published on July 12, 2011.[1][2] Martin claimed this July 2011 publication date was different from the previous publication dates mentioned, in that this was "real", as opposed to earlier "wishful thinking, boundless optimism, cockeyed dreams, [and] honest mistakes".[22] On March 12, he revealed that the unfinished manuscript had exceeded A Storm of Swords in length, making it the longest volume in the entire series.[23] On March 27, he announced that the manuscript had exceeded 1,600 pages.[24] On April 27, 2011, it was announced that Martin had completed A Dance with Dragons.[25][26] After incorporating requested changes made by his book editor and her staff copy-editors, suggested final draft notes from trusted friends, and his own final "sweat" (a line-by-line reread done to tighten and eliminate any unnecessary "fat" remaining in the manuscript), the final draft had been reduced to 1,510 pages; this made Dragons the second-longest novel, by a narrow margin, to volume three, A Storm of Swords. The novel was now ready to meet its July 12, 2011 release date.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
AARON RODGERS COMPLETELY shyt ON THE FINALE
AND EVEN MENTIONED STAR WARS
AS A REASON D&D BUTCHERED IT.

HE SOUNDED LIKE A COLI POSTER.
:devil:
:evil:

Damn, A-Rod vengeance season incoming. :whoo: Bears fans can thank D&D for this :wow:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps

George wanted more seasons. Why couldn't we make it happen? :mjcry:

I don't think more seasons was the issue, going 10+ seasons sounds good but like George said it would require everyone involved (cast, crew, etc) to commit essentially another decade and I'm sure they all wanted to move onto other things.

8 seasons was perfect, 13 episodes combined between 7 & 8 with the route they chose to take was where it became disastrous. Forcing themselves to conclude NK/Cersei/Mad Daeny in 6 episodes was absurd unless all those stories were going to intertwine.