Veteran
Daps
WOW!

From 2015 on westeros.org (via reddit)
The "Winged Wolf" A Bran Stark Re-read Project - Part II ASOS & ADWD

A well thought out theory that paints Bran as GRRM's choice for king

I buy it, and I like it depending on how it plays out in the books

:obama:

Meanwhile, D&D just fart out this major plot point in a completely nonsensical way:deadmanny:

@fact read this shyt right here and tell me now that I didn't personally win the game of thrones:whew:

All hail Bran the Broken. The only person worthy of being king
:whew:

D&D:ufdup:
The show never had any idea how to use Bran or his powers, and basically bushed him like they did Dorne once they accepted it couldn't work for them. Making him king is 100% a Martin ending that they had to crash land on.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I don't think anyone put the same expectations on "Lost" that "GOT" had.

This was supposed to, at the very least, challenge a top 5 spot in TV history. I know day 1 hard core "Lost" stans but they were never on some "this shyt could be better than 'The Wire!'" at any point during it's run.

Well, former "Lost" stans. The finale ruined the entire series for them, like you said.

Fred.
People weren't pressed to rank any and everything back then like they are now. LOST was the original water cooler TV show, or at least 1 hour drama. The hopes for what that show could have been were very high in the midst of its run.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
People weren't pressed to rank any and everything back then like they are now. LOST was the original water cooler TV show, or at least 1 hour drama. The hopes for what that show could have been were very high in the midst of its run.

Can't really agree with this as "The Sopranos" ended in 2007 and "The Wire" ended in 2008 and there was immediate discussions about where they ranked all-time.

People were never going to put an ABC show in the same conversation as cable prestige dramas . "Hannibal" faced the same up hill battle. I'm not even saying they should be in that discussion....but we're talking about so long ago the concept of a basic cable show like "The Shield" being high quality was still a relatively new concept.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
The show never had any idea how to use Bran or his powers, and basically bushed him like they did Dorne once they accepted it couldn't work for them. Making him king is 100% a Martin ending that they had to crash land on.
yeah they went pure surface level with Bran's story and also toned down the magic and Old God influence which are critical

I will admit that leading into this season my thirst for the books had faded, but it is back now. Can't wait to get this story told again with more depth

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I wonder if GRRM is going to remix his ending now that he sees how angry people are. And no, not everyone is directing their anger at the journey to the ending, there are people angry at where the characters themselves ended up. For example looking at the series as a whole you could easily see Jon going with the wildlings in the end, but cats are not liking that shyt at all right now.

He doesn't have to remix shyt. The show is going in an entirely different direction. There is no NK in the books (at least now a current one...there was one thousands of years ago). Cersei won't be queen when Dany arrives in Westeros. Bran is 9 or 10 years old. Will Jon kill Dany? Yea...I'd bet that's the third major twist/shock that Martin told D&D. But everything else is basically fan fiction bullshyt.

I could see Jon going north in the books...but then again, him being a Targaryen actually matters in the books because of prophesy. The show threw Martin's prophesies out the window, instead replacing them with bullshyt attempts at call-backs ("she's gonna kill someone with blue eyes!"). The blood matters in the books, and multiple people know about it already. Howland Reed and perhaps even multiple members of House Dayne know who Jon is. If Jon ends up in the north in the end it'll be because he refused a PUBLIC offer to the throne.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lmaoooooo at the Dragon just bugging out and :pacspit: at the Iron Throne

Dragon went from simple beast/war animal to philosopher who sees the throne as the root of all evil and gave a pass to Jon because in the Dragon's wisdom the shyt was bigger than Jon

Philosopher Drogon: 'People don't kill people, thrones kill people' :wow:

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
I Was pissed at how it ended, so it handed really hit me that the show was done but it really is over brehs and im sad as fukk:mjcry:which makes me even more pissed at how it ended:mjcry::mjcry: D&D should arrested, like the whole show was about claiming Westoros throne and in the end its Bran is chosen by a 10 people council where know brings up legitmate claimance in Jon and Gendry who was made a Baretheon:what:. Surely if Gendy was legitmised by Dany and made a Lord then he has a good claim to the throne but know one utters a word about it. Just all round dissapointment from me:snoop:

But it really is over though:to:

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
WOW!

From 2015 on westeros.org (via reddit)
The "Winged Wolf" A Bran Stark Re-read Project - Part II ASOS & ADWD

A well thought out theory that paints Bran as GRRM's choice for king

I buy it, and I like it depending on how it plays out in the books

:obama:

Meanwhile, D&D just fart out this major plot point in a completely nonsensical way:deadmanny:

@fact read this shyt right here and tell me now that I didn't personally win the game of thrones:whew:

All hail Bran the Broken. The only person worthy of being king
:whew:

D&D:ufdup:
Just goes to show us the genius and intricacies of GRRM’s writing, too, he been slapping us upside the head with it, and I was too caught up in the red herrings. That theory is so fukking well written (though proof reading/editing was pretty trash).

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
He doesn't have to remix shyt. The show is going in an entirely different direction. There is no NK in the books (at least now a current one...there was one thousands of years ago). Cersei won't be queen when Dany arrives in Westeros. Bran is 9 or 10 years old. Will Jon kill Dany? Yea...I'd bet that's the third major twist/shock that Martin told D&D. But everything else is basically fan fiction bullshyt.

I could see Jon going north in the books...but then again, him being a Targaryen actually matters in the books because of prophesy. The show threw Martin's prophesies out the window, instead replacing them with bullshyt attempts at call-backs ("she's gonna kill someone with blue eyes!"). The blood matters in the books, and multiple people know about it already. Howland Reed and perhaps even multiple members of House Dayne know who Jon is. If Jon ends up in the north in the end it'll be because he refused a PUBLIC offer to the throne.

Oh Bran being 10 means nothing, dude will definitely become king. GRRM has said multiple times he wish he made his characters older because their age isn't really meshing with their actions or future actions.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
I Was pissed at how it ended, so it handed really hit me that the show was done but it really is over brehs and im sad as fukk:mjcry:which makes me even more pissed at how it ended:mjcry::mjcry: D&D should arrested, like the whole show was about claiming Westoros throne and in the end its Bran is chosen by a 10 people council where know brings up legitmate claimance in Jon and Gendry who was made a Baretheon:what:. Surely if Gendy was legitmised by Dany and made a Lord then he has a good claim to the throne but know one utters a word about it. Just all round dissapointment from me:snoop:

But it really is over though:to:
It’s because they rushed the ending and weren’t as good as hammering plot lines as they thought they were. They equated big budget to good dialogue, and we all got fukked. ASoIF fans are pretty hardcore, but they have no idea what they are in for with the Star Wars fanbase