OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
would have been cool if it ended with Dany being a tyrant. and a twist where Children of the Forest are not all dead. They use Jon to start the cycle all over again. showing nobody learns from their mistakes.

last shot of Jon's eyes turning blue :wow: lead White Walker Tormund :wow:
i was drunk as shyt tryna to explain this to my friends after the show:russ:

i wanted Jon to get jumped and stabbed with dragonglass...everybody was hitting me with the :camby:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
F8ZzG89.gif

Imagine thinking this matters. That book series will never be finished.

Fred.
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I've said this multiple times. Not sure what you think I disagree with here.

GRRM knew he'd got a by-numbers ending and that's why he's struggling so badly with the last two books. ASOIAF has always been about the journey... GRRM doesn't do endings, he does starts and middles.

Like I said a few pages back, even if GRRM makes it to a hundred that horse drawing meme would be set in a full masterpiece landscape and would still have no head.

The showrunners rushed the shyt out of it, but at least they finished it.

Everyone wanted it one way, but it was always the other way. It's just entertainment.

You cats are in here just saying whatever at this point.

GRR Martin has finished several books, short stories, novellas, etc. He stopped giving a fukk because he's rich and lazy now. That =/= the show gets a pass for ending horribly "because at least they finished". You sound crazy right now.

"GOT" went from arguably top 5 to one of the worst final seasons (and final ep) literally in history...."b bu but at least they finished!"....who cares, if this is the end result? There is no bronze medals or participation ribbons for prestige dramas. Weiss and Benioff were aiming for "The Wire" and ended up closer to "Dexter".

If GRR Martin dies before those books are finished, it would be preferable to running his entire legacy into the ground....which is what happened here.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Here's the co-author of WORLD OF ICE AND FIRE and co-owner of the oldest aSoIaF community and George RR's source for continuity shytting on the modern show:

I read the books + expanded universe and was on her forum before the show even started. I still think it's a top 5 show for me. But it's BECAUSE I know the lore so well that this last season is so offputting.

The writing these last few seasons was just getting worse and worse, this season was as she calls it "atrocious".

Why are you posting shyt from Westeros.org like it is relevant? They have been shytting on the show since sesson 2.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Why are you posting shyt from Westeros.org like it is relevant? They have been shytting on the show since sesson 2.

Because breh was acting like knowing the lore would make people appreciate the final season, when I think it's the reverse.

They're the perfect example. They bushed the show as soon as Talissa replaced Jeyne Westerling :russ:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Daaaaaamn. Tyrion truly convinced Jon to kill Dany after Dany saved Jon’s life TWICE at the battle of Winterfell, when the Night King and Ice Rhaegal had him on the ropes.

Also Jon betraying someone ain’t really in his character especially since he was betrayed and killed the same way by his brothers on the Wall.

Tyrion’s dumbass should’ve been killed. Forget about the ill advice of attacking Casterly Rock instead of Kings Landing....He knew how his sister was and still wanted to treat with her. They went to get evidence of white walkers which led to the death of Rhaegal, Benjen Stark and Beric Dondarrion. Then when his ways aren’t working and Dany has suffered a lot of personal losses with Lord Simp, Melissandei, and Viserion (sp?). She does her own thing and Tyrion betrays her. :smh:

Sorry if this was touched on.

EDIT: also Sansa was just as obsessed with ruling as Dany was. Hell, Sansa betrayed her own family (Eddard) for a chance to wed and be queen.

It was bad writing breh. We can go on endlessly about how this final season was complete bullshyt but it comes down to the same thing.

D&D are either fukking hacks or they deliberately sabotaged the ending so they could go make their white supremacy fantasy in Confederate and play in the Star Wars sandbox

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
You cats are in here just saying whatever at this point.

GRR Martin has finished several books, short stories, novellas, etc. He stopped giving a fukk because he's rich and lazy now. That =/= the show gets a pass for ending horribly "because at least they finished". You sound crazy right now.

"GOT" went from arguably top 5 to one of the worst final seasons (and final ep) literally in history...."b bu but at least they finished!"....who cares, if this is the end result? There is no bronze medals or participation ribbons for prestige dramas. Weiss and Benioff were aiming for "The Wire" and ended up closer to "Dexter".

If GRR Martin dies before those books are finished, it would be preferable to running his entire legacy into the ground....which is what happened here.

Fred.

Lost has the undisputed worst final ep in television history. That shyt was shoddy as fukk and ruins the entire series.

At least one cab watch GOT seasons 1-6 and still be entertained. Hell you can do 1-7 and just fanfic your own ending

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Lost has the undisputed worst final ep in television history. That shyt was shoddy as fukk and ruins the entire series.

At least one cab watch GOT seasons 1-6 and still be entertained. Hell you can do 1-7 and just fanfic your own ending

I don't think anyone put the same expectations on "Lost" that "GOT" had.

This was supposed to, at the very least, challenge a top 5 spot in TV history. I know day 1 hard core "Lost" stans but they were never on some "this shyt could be better than 'The Wire!'" at any point during it's run.

Well, former "Lost" stans. The finale ruined the entire series for them, like you said.

Fred.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
WOW!

From 2015 on westeros.org (via reddit)
The "Winged Wolf" A Bran Stark Re-read Project - Part II ASOS & ADWD

A well thought out theory that paints Bran as GRRM's choice for king

I buy it, and I like it depending on how it plays out in the books

:obama:

Meanwhile, D&D just fart out this major plot point in a completely nonsensical way:deadmanny:

@fact read this shyt right here and tell me now that I didn't personally win the game of thrones:whew:

All hail Bran the Broken. The only person worthy of being king
:whew:

D&D:ufdup:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I really feel like this season was a slap in the face, and I am not sure what we as fans did to deserve this. Its more than obvious they didn't really give a fukk about this season and just wanted to end this shyt. I mean we had starbucks cups, water bottles etc... in scenes and nobody seemed to care. What is worse is we stomached S7 and WAITED 2 years because we thought S8 would give us that payoff. Boy were we wrong. Its on sight if I ever see David Benioff and DB Weiss in person because I feel like they did this shyt on purpose. They decided to send a big fukk YOU to somebody and we as fans suffered for it.