OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
Daaaaaamn. Tyrion truly convinced Jon to kill Dany after Dany saved Jon’s life TWICE at the battle of Winterfell, when the Night King and Ice Rhaegal had him on the ropes.

Also Jon betraying someone ain’t really in his character especially since he was betrayed and killed the same way by his brothers on the Wall.

Tyrion’s dumbass should’ve been killed. Forget about the ill advice of attacking Casterly Rock instead of Kings Landing....He knew how his sister was and still wanted to treat with her. They went to get evidence of white walkers which led to the death of Rhaegal, Benjen Stark and Beric Dondarrion. Then when his ways aren’t working and Dany has suffered a lot of personal losses with Lord Simp, Melissandei, and Viserion (sp?). She does her own thing and Tyrion betrays her. :smh:

Sorry if this was touched on.

EDIT: also Sansa was just as obsessed with ruling as Dany was. Hell, Sansa betrayed her own family (Eddard) for a chance to wed and be queen.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Daaaaaamn. Tyrion truly convinced Jon to kill Dany after Dany saved Jon’s life TWICE at the battle of Winterfell, when the Night King and Ice Rhaegal had him on the ropes.

Also Jon betraying someone ain’t really in his character especially since he was betrayed and killed the same way by his brothers on the Wall.

Exactly, Jon killing Dany goes against EVERYTHING he is about as a man.

He wouldn't lie to Cersei but he's just gonna kill someone who helped him save all of humanity and he was in love with :comeon:

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
F8ZzG89.gif

Imagine thinking this matters. That book series will never be finished.

Fred.

I've said this multiple times. Not sure what you think I disagree with here.

GRRM knew he'd got a by-numbers ending and that's why he's struggling so badly with the last two books. ASOIAF has always been about the journey... GRRM doesn't do endings, he does starts and middles.

Like I said a few pages back, even if GRRM makes it to a hundred that horse drawing meme would be set in a full masterpiece landscape and would still have no head.

The showrunners rushed the shyt out of it, but at least they finished it.

Everyone wanted it one way, but it was always the other way. It's just entertainment.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
nikolaj is a good actor, but doesn't deserve to be at the $1M mark with the others, just based on screen time

spohie and maisie should have renegotiated, i get they're on the kiddie payroll, but they clearly were super integral to the story and had hella screen time, they should be making at least half as much as the $1M crew

D&D...they deserve $0 :pacspit:
The actors insisted that the top main characters that get the most screen time and are most important to the story all get the same pay.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The actors insisted that the top main characters that get the most screen time and are most important to the story all get the same pay.
sansa and arya have been more essential to the story and had more screen time than jamie...like i said, i get they likely got the kid actor treatment, but no way they shouldn't be making at least half of what nikolaj, lena, emilia, kit, and peter make

Better view: Someone clocked every second of “Game of Thrones” and ranked each character by screen time

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
nikolaj is a good actor, but doesn't deserve to be at the $1M mark with the others, just based on screen time

spohie and maisie should have renegotiated, i get they're on the kiddie payroll, but they clearly were super integral to the story and had hella screen time, they should be making at least half as much as the $1M crew

D&D...they deserve $0 :pacspit:
The Lannisters are probably the best actors on the show and Kit and Emilia are the main characters so it tracks. The Stark girls should have seen a significant pay increase over the years though. They should be at the 500-750k mark.

Oville

Pro
Daps
I am legit getting angrier by the hour that Jon’s whole fukking story was to end up a god damn wilding....And I’ve been hating on d&d’s storytelling, feeling like if it was done better I could accept this, but nah, even if grrm writes 11,000 more pages to get us here, fukk THAT

:fuggu:

Not a fan of how the show ended overall but that's what he wanted. He likes the lifestyle.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Game of Thrones salaries revealed. Here's a breakdown of the stats:
  • Kit Harington (Jon Snow) - £938,200 per episode.
  • Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen) - £938,200 per episode
  • Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister) - £938,200 per episode
  • Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister) - £938,200 per episode
  • Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister) - £938,200 per episode
  • Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) - £158,000 per episode
  • Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) - £158,000 per episode
I guess Sansa deserves same Arya money for playing being a c*nt so well. I still cant stand her character. The Hound should get same kinda cheese too. Played the role well

Note:
£938,200 is equivalent of $1.2M in US dollars
£158,000 is equivalent of $201,140 in US dollar

Damn. That's a huge drop off from 1st tier to 2nd tier.

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
would have been cool if it ended with Dany being a tyrant. and a twist where Children of the Forest are not all dead. They use Jon to start the cycle all over again. showing nobody learns from their mistakes.

last shot of Jon's eyes turning blue :wow: lead White Walker Tormund :wow:

would explain why Jon sees nothing when he's dead. but Dany sees herself with Khal Drogo

Last edited:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I wonder if GRRM is going to remix his ending now that he sees how angry people are. And no, not everyone is directing their anger at the journey to the ending, there are people angry at where the characters themselves ended up. For example looking at the series as a whole you could easily see Jon going with the wildlings in the end, but cats are not liking that shyt at all right now.

Those people sound ridiculous. :manny:

Outrage snowballed to the point some viewers just mad at everything.

I mean, we still got nikkas goin "What about Daario! :damn:"

:what::mjlol:

goatmane

Veteran
Daps