OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
:comeon:Stop. If you’ve been paying attention then it doesn’t make sense at all.:stopitslime:

I've read every book including the side-novels... all this shyt makes perfect sense to me. They needed an extra season or so to explain it because tying it up that neatly in one episode feels a bit trite.

Mainly, the Internet's butthurt because a fat old white, male nerd who never expected to be a popular writer didn't come up with a plot arc to his ultra-violent sadomasochistic romp through British history that suited the zeitgeist of May 2019 twenty years ago.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I've read every book including the side-novels... all this shyt makes perfect sense to me. They needed an extra season or so to explain it because tying it up that neatly in one episode feels a bit trite.

Mainly, the Internet's butthurt because a fat old white, male nerd who never expected to be a popular writer didn't come up with a plot arc to his ultra-violent sadomasochistic romp through British history that suited the zeitgeist of May 2019 twenty years ago.
Yes... the internet... it's not like the actors, directors, crew, hbo and GRRM complained about this trash....

Oh wait.... they all did.. but lets just blame internets

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY

:mjlol:You make as much sense as D&D’s storytelling.:hhh:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City

Here's the co-author of WORLD OF ICE AND FIRE and co-owner of the oldest aSoIaF community and George RR's source for continuity shytting on the modern show:

I read the books + expanded universe and was on her forum before the show even started. I still think it's a top 5 show for me. But it's BECAUSE I know the lore so well that this last season is so offputting.

The writing these last few seasons was just getting worse and worse, this season was as she calls it "atrocious".

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Game of Thrones salaries revealed. Here's a breakdown of the stats:
  • Kit Harington (Jon Snow) - £938,200 per episode.
  • Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen) - £938,200 per episode
  • Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister) - £938,200 per episode
  • Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister) - £938,200 per episode
  • Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister) - £938,200 per episode
  • Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) - £158,000 per episode
  • Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) - £158,000 per episode
I guess Sansa deserves same Arya money for playing being a c*nt so well. I still cant stand her character. The Hound should get same kinda cheese too. Played the role well

Note:
£938,200 is equivalent of $1.2M in US dollars
£158,000 is equivalent of $201,140 in US dollar

Last edited:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
That series finale might be worse than that Sonic trailer that dropped a few weeks ago :scust:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I wonder if GRRM is going to remix his ending now that he sees how angry people are. And no, not everyone is directing their anger at the journey to the ending, there are people angry at where the characters themselves ended up. For example looking at the series as a whole you could easily see Jon going with the wildlings in the end, but cats are not liking that shyt at all right now.

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
I guess Sansa deserves same Arya money for playing being a c*nt so well. I still cant stand her character. The Hound should get same kinda cheese too. Played the role well

Note:
They gave a character with a Vet Minimum contract the nightking kill .

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I've read every book including the side-novels....

F8ZzG89.gif

Imagine thinking this matters. That book series will never be finished.

Fred.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
They gave a character with a Vet Minimum contract the nightking kill .
Which is brillliant when you think about it. One of the things the executed better than any show is to make the show about more than one character. And they came closer than anyone to executing it.

Notice many characters take turns being the hero. Thats the best part of the suspense. It keeps you on your toes. Ned Stark was the original hero/main. Then Tyrion Lannister was the hero at blackwater bay battle. Then Rob Stark in the country-side. Then Jon Snow at HardHome. The LittleFinger and Sansa saved the day in battle of the b*stards.
To me thats the best part of the show :ohlawd: I hated the fact that we all knew that Jon or Arya would be the ones to kill Danaerys. Think about it, John Paxson hit that game winner to cap off a Bulls championship. Steve Kerr hit another.
If what you are looking for is the same old same predictable american/hollywood type plots where one main character is superman and does it all this aint the show for you :yeshrug:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

Note:
nikolaj is a good actor, but doesn't deserve to be at the $1M mark with the others, just based on screen time

spohie and maisie should have renegotiated, i get they're on the kiddie payroll, but they clearly were super integral to the story and had hella screen time, they should be making at least half as much as the $1M crew

D&D...they deserve $0 :pacspit:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
I wonder if GRRM is going to remix his ending now that he sees how angry people are. And no, not everyone is directing their anger at the journey to the ending, there are people angry at where the characters themselves ended up. For example looking at the series as a whole you could easily see Jon going with the wildlings in the end, but cats are not liking that shyt at all right now.
I think the only things that are certain about Martins ending are :
- Daeny burns KL
- Jon kills Daeny
- Sansa becomes queen of an independent North
- Tyrion forms a great council
- Bran is the most powerful member of that council (defacto king)
- Jon goes North

Everything else is up in the air, and even the path to those events I listed will be drastically different.