OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
I also said this in the same post from 5 years ago:

Which is exactly what happened.

Minus the show runners bailing for "Star Wars", obviously.

Fred.

your quote is dead on. i've been googling game of thrones stuff and seems like D&D and HBO expected the books to be done before the tv show would be done. it wouldn't surprise me if D&D were struggling with the story and filling in the pieces so just wanted to wrap it up and be done with it. i just hope they don't fukk star wars up now.

i also read that the cast and D&D were bumping heads. i don't know how true this is or when it started but that's apparently another reason they were ready to be done with GoT. this sucks because i love GoT and i personally still think it's a great show but the last two seasons are a black eye for sure. characters were making decisions that did not make much sense for them and some stories were just poorly developed.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
your quote is dead on. i've been googling game of thrones stuff and seems like D&D and HBO expected the books to be done before the tv show would be done. it wouldn't surprise me if D&D were struggling with the story and filling in the pieces so just wanted to wrap it up and be done with it. i just hope they don't fukk star wars up now.

i also read that the cast and D&D were bumping heads. i don't know how true this is or when it started but that's apparently another reason they were ready to be done with GoT. this sucks because i love GoT and i personally still think it's a great show but the last two seasons are a black eye for sure. characters were making decisions that did not make much sense for them and some stories were just poorly developed.

The whole "the cast and writers were bumping heads" situation has been overblown.

A few of the actors were like :patrice:"this don't seem like something my character would do" or complaining about their character arcs which is exactly what fans have been complaining about for at least 2-3 seasons. If not longer.

If Weiss and Benioff got offended by that then they're terrible writers because that happened in "The Wire", "Breaking Bad", etc. too. Any writer worth his salt is gonna respect feedback from the actors playing the characters.

Weiss and Benioff secured the Disney/Star Wars bag and said "fukk it". That's it.

Fred.

Daps
I just listened to Cast of Kings podcast... Didn't hear who Joanna spoke to.... But she CLEARLY says she spoke to someone on set, and DANNY NEVER WENT MAD... it says in the script that she never actually went loco, just got power hungry...

So on one hand... all the people talking about her bloodline and how it was written, was dead wrong... cause she never went batshyt crazy... just thought she was right and would do whatever to be right

But on the other hand.... those who said it didn't make any sense for her to suddenly go crazy was also wrong... cause they never made her go crazy... so it actually made sense

gotta love it :hhh:
The show writers did a poor job of portraying whatever they were trying to portray. The entire season was rushed.
Now we have the discontent, confusion, and fukkery.
If the show writers didn't decide to half ass everything because they want to rush to Star Wars,
the show might have been better off.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
They could have easily made Jon's Targaryan blood relevant by having Drogon blast him after he kills Dany. Jon walks out of the fire, Drogon gets weirded out and flys off with Dany. Would have been so easy.
I really thought that's how it was going to play out.

Jon kills Dany in front of everyone, Drogon goes ham, Jon walks it off.

Unsullied and Dothraki (remember them :heh:) see what happened and don't want any trouble:whoa:

Instead they pretend Dothraki don't exist and had Greyworm give Jon a summons for a court appearance at a later date.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe all the world domination stuff was the adrenaline talking like Richard Sherman.

Jon could have waited a few weeks to see if this was just temporary insanity and Dany was going to come to her senses before killing her.

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
how? do you have a link to this?

Actually I might have got it wrong

HBO

HBO bought an option on the television rights to George R.R. Martin's novel series A Song of Ice and Fire in January 2007, with David Benioff and D.B. Weiss attached as showrunners. Development of the project and the writing of a pilot script was delayed due to the Writer's Guild of America strike in late 2007. HBO exercised its option to buy the television rights in September 2008 and ordered a pilot in November of that year, which was produced in October-November 2009. After viewing the pilot, HBO ordered a full season of 10 episodes in March 2010, with a view to begin airing the series in Spring 2011.

But there's still a chance that D&D have complete creative control and maybe ‘right of first refusal’ as well so could surpass GRRM's suggestions. I'll post that if I can find it

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
:what: THE BLACKFISH?

AND NO ONE LIKE THAT LITTLE fakkit ROBIN.
:devil:
:evil:

Legit didn't know that was Robin the first time thought it was that dude from Wizards of waverly place

latest

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I just listened to Cast of Kings podcast... Didn't hear who Joanna spoke to.... But she CLEARLY says she spoke to someone on set, and DANNY NEVER WENT MAD... it says in the script that she never actually went loco, just got power hungry...

So on one hand... all the people talking about her bloodline and how it was written, was dead wrong... cause she never went batshyt crazy... just thought she was right and would do whatever to be right

But on the other hand.... those who said it didn't make any sense for her to suddenly go crazy was also wrong... cause they never made her go crazy... so it actually made sense

gotta love it :hhh:
The indecisiveness with her character going "mad" was honestly one of the worst things I've seen done on a TV show. The entire King's Landing fiasco was some forced bullshyt and just another excuse to throw some more explosions and fukkery in another episode.

I don't think anybody who's been watching this show play out appreciated that sequence. It was so stupid and insulting that they really used that to complete the Dany heel turn which lead to her death. Just awful ass shyt

:snoop: