OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@Adam3000 had the nerve to blaspheme goat robot, in this thread of all places :hhh:

wLWcfm2.png

If season 4 is as good as season 3 it'll arguably be a top 5 show.

Meanwhile "GOT" went from top 10 to not mentioned at all. :huhldup:

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They could have easily made Jon's Targaryan blood relevant by having Drogon blast him after he kills Dany. Jon walks out of the fire, Drogon gets weirded out and flys off with Dany. Would have been so easy.

I think they fukked up the chance to do that way earlier in the series because I remember a scene where Jon got burned, or almost did. Can't remember the exact scene or context, but he didn't react to fire or heat the way Dany does.

Fred.

MAGNETO.

#STARKSET #LEMONCAKEGANG #NYGBIGBLUE
Daps
Reppin
NY FOOTBALL GIANTS. #STARKSET
All these alternative endings I’m reading that are so much better than what we got :mjcry:

The ending where Jorah basically takes Jon spot during the stuff ather the Long Night and Jon becomes King instead of Bran is so much better :sadcam: it would’ve had more weight since they botched Jon/Dany love story :sadcam:

Last edited:

MAGNETO.

Daps
Reppin
wLWcfm2.png

If season 4 is as good as season 3 it'll arguably be a top 5 show.

Meanwhile "GOT" went from top 10 to not mentioned at all. :huhldup:

Fred.

Season 3 was :wow:

I’m glad I gave it another chance. My only wish is if they didn’t drag out that s2 twist. I felt like they could’ve did more for the show if they moved quicker in s2. It lost some momentum.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
I think they fukked up the chance to do that way earlier in the series because I remember a scene where Jon got burned, or almost did. Can't remember the exact scene or context, but he didn't react to fire or heat the way Dany does.

Fred.
I think they were, just like GRRM in the books, highlighting the fact that Dany is full blooded Targ, while Jon is half Stark

MAGNETO.

Daps
Reppin
Season 7 had its issues but there was always the chance that they could stick the landing with season 8. People still had hope back then.

After every misstep or whenever we had questions about certain plot points, we always got the same answer by the D&D apologists...wait until the end. They’ll address it at the end. You can’t criticise them there’s still one season to go. Lmao it’s so disappointing in hindsight.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You also said this, a couple posts later:

:francis:

I also said this in the same post from 5 years ago:

My main concern isn't GRRM's skill, it's his writing being filtered through the show. Granted, I don't read the books, but what differences I do know of between the two seem fairly trivial to me, but have been a major source of contention for some fans. So I'm curious just how much the two will deviate from each other as the show/books go on. Even if the end is the same.

Which is exactly what happened.

Minus the show runners bailing for "Star Wars", obviously.

Fred.