OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

TV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
-The writers knew Jon Snow couldn't take Grey Worm in a fight to the death so they didn't put that in the show. It wouldn't have been believable.

-Bran was manipulating things from the beginning and is far too powerful than anyone else. He is the true main character of the whole series including the books. GRRM started the first book with him and will end with Bran. However, I think it will end differently from the show.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
This whole season felt like a middle finger to Snowman stans. There was no fulfilment at all. It was all about Dany’s demise. He was an afterthought really. I knew they had to cut some storyline’s and arcs but I didn’t know it would be the Snowman.

I wish we got to see more of him just talking to his family. Talking to Arya, talking to Sansa and even Bran after he finds out who he really is. How does he feel about it? Just character stuff. Does he look at Ned any different, does he know who Rhaegar was etc.

It is what it is, but if they could’ve fleshed it out a bit more I would’ve accepted what they did. But the show became a blockbuster, building to set pieces and moments instead of character. I guess once I accept that and look at it through that lens it makes sense. But D&D made it this way. It didn’t have to be.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
-The writers knew Jon Snow couldn't take Grey Worm in a fight to the death so they didn't put that in the show. It wouldn't have been believable.

-Bran was manipulating things from the beginning and is far too powerful than anyone else. He is the true main character of the whole series including the books. GRRM started the first book with him and will end with Bran. However, I think it will end differently from the show.
Jon beating Greyworm would be one of the more believable scenes in the entire episode, take that for what it’s worth.

I like that they didn’t kill Grey Worm but the whole scenario was dumb. One of Jon, Tyrion or Greyworm had to die.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
I just listened to Cast of Kings podcast... Didn't hear who Joanna spoke to.... But she CLEARLY says she spoke to someone on set, and DANNY NEVER WENT MAD... it says in the script that she never actually went loco, just got power hungry...

So on one hand... all the people talking about her bloodline and how it was written, was dead wrong... cause she never went batshyt crazy... just thought she was right and would do whatever to be right

But on the other hand.... those who said it didn't make any sense for her to suddenly go crazy was also wrong... cause they never made her go crazy... so it actually made sense

gotta love it :hhh:

When you think about it, Bran (pure evil) and Sansa (conniving bytch) were the worse ones. I think they were trying to end on a heart warming note with the starks winning but it just felt a bit vulgar :huhldup: the way they were moving and the way they used Jon like a puppet. Jon should have been on his :pacspit: when they came to wave him off.

Even sam, Jon saved his life and nurtured him while he had things hard himself but he turned his back on him for his comfortable Maester position. Also Davos :pacspit:

It's like I said before, Jon and Dany going down in the history books as villains and dishonourable people after all they did is such a beautiful and tragic ending (hopefully GRRM can finish his books to flesh it out). But the season was so rushed and loosely written that it was just illogical and unfulfilling, plus they messed up some of the characters.

It really hits you in the feels because you saw Jon and Dany grow throughout the seasons, it made no sense to rush their arcs like this (plus the fact that more major events happened during the timeline of season 8 than probably the whole 7 seasons combined). We waited 2 years for the conclusion just for it to be 6 weeks of
giphy.gif

I'm hoping I can forget about this tbh.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Jon beating Greyworm would be one of the more believable scenes in the entire episode, take that for what it’s worth.

I like that they didn’t kill Grey Worm but the whole scenario was dumb. One of Jon, Tyrion or Greyworm had to die.

They ruined his whole arc of becoming a free man when, post Dany's death, he WAITED for a King/Queen to be elected to order him what to do to the person who killed his liberator/Queen.

Made him a slave again.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
[
I agree.. His ending is fine but the fact that he was forced to go to the Wall is shyt. Makes it seem like he was used by his siblings and Tyrion to remove Dany regardless of the consequences for him. The fact that nobody mentioned that he is the rightful king during the great council meeting makes it seem like they were plotting on him.

Sam’s fat ass just sitting there when he was egging Jon to take the throne back in Winterfel.

2stainz

GOON MUSIC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chitown, Sohh Icey towers, LWO
lol @ the following:

the Night King getting tossed in the bushes so quickly

the "king that was promised" sent packing after rescuing all of humanity from the zombie plague

Sansas conniving/shady ass being rewarded as some sort of hero after putting in 0 work

Arya, a trained assassin, not staying by her brothers side (a cripple who is vulnerable) while he rules as King

Drogon having feelings and conscious thought and reasoning capabilities

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I am legit getting angrier by the hour that Jon’s whole fukking story was to end up a god damn wilding....And I’ve been hating on d&d’s storytelling, feeling like if it was done better I could accept this, but nah, even if grrm writes 11,000 more pages to get us here, fukk THAT

:fuggu:
It's how they did it that's pissing me off. They decided to just handicap his character in order to disqualify him from the throne. If I was Kit Harrington I would be heated, but he may be just as dumb as they made Jon Snow out to be since he's out there defending the show/attacking critics.

They just cut/flashed forward on his most important scenes. They didn't even show his reveal to Arya and Sansa and then never even had any discussions of it.

You would think just the info about not being Ned's son would deserve good 15 minutes, not even going into the whole Stark/Targ thing. But no, it was just looked at from the point of view of how it affects Dany.

And then it was even more egrigeous that they didn't show him after he killed Dany :picard:

Now the only excuse for that is if he's a horrible actor and they just scrapped those scenes, otherwise it's just complete incompetence on D&D's end.