OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
I am legit getting angrier by the hour that Jon’s whole fukking story was to end up a god damn wilding....And I’ve been hating on d&d’s storytelling, feeling like if it was done better I could accept this, but nah, even if grrm writes 11,000 more pages to get us here, fukk THAT

:fuggu:

If they would have made it his choice to turn down the throne like Aemon , I could live with that

:yeshrug:

altruicsense

Lord of the 7 Kingdoms
Daps
Reppin
Westeros
I just wanted to come in here and state the Ghost and Drogon are the only characters that matter by the end of the finale and the only real nikkas left alive

Word. Drogon still got no Ls. Only one in the show with no Ls whatsoever.

Last real nikka alive...........

altruicsense

Lord of the 7 Kingdoms
Daps
Reppin
Westeros
They really sabotaged the show just to jump to Star Wars. And let's be real, based on how Disney operates...you just know these dudes aren't gonna last for all 3 films. They'll get the first film done, then be removed over "creative differences" or wanting to do different things outside of Hollywood (ie more HBO stuff).

They could have left the show and let Bryan Cogman (who was the most loyal writer to the books) take over as showrunner. Could have let him do S7 and S8 correctly, with 10 episodes. Hell, 8 episodes each would have been ok. Instead they crashed the plane into the mountain...

I really want to hear Martin's thoughts. The show has made him millions and I doubt he'd shyt on it, but if he finishes TWOW and inevitably does convention appearances he WILL be asked pointed questions about this. And he will give his view. We know he wanted 10-12 seasons, which is ridiculous. But surely making S7 and S8 complete seasons would have done the trick. Basically I think the showrunners panicked after S5/S6, where things started falling apart, and decided they needed to bounce.

Martin is ultimately at fault here. He took too long to put out the last 2 books and the showrunners had to freestyle this shyt.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
6dvy7li1qgz21.jpg

:mjlol:

MAGNETO.

#STARKSET #LEMONCAKEGANG #NYGBIGBLUE
Daps
Reppin
NY FOOTBALL GIANTS. #STARKSET
I am legit getting angrier by the hour that Jon’s whole fukking story was to end up a god damn wilding....And I’ve been hating on d&d’s storytelling, feeling like if it was done better I could accept this, but nah, even if grrm writes 11,000 more pages to get us here, fukk THAT

:fuggu:

This whole season felt like a middle finger to Snowman stans. There was no fulfilment at all. It was all about Dany’s demise. He was an afterthought really. I knew they had to cut some storyline’s and arcs but I didn’t know it would be the Snowman.

I wish we got to see more of him just talking to his family. Talking to Arya, talking to Sansa and even Bran after he finds out who he really is. How does he feel about it? Just character stuff. Does he look at Ned any different, does he know who Rhaegar was etc.

It is what it is, but if they could’ve fleshed it out a bit more I would’ve accepted what they did. But the show became a blockbuster, building to set pieces and moments instead of character. I guess once I accept that and look at it through that lens it makes sense. But D&D made it this way. It didn’t have to be.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
If they would have made it his choice to turn down the throne like Aemon , I could live with that

:yeshrug:
I agree.. His ending is fine but the fact that he was forced to go to the Wall is shyt. Makes it seem like he was used by his siblings and Tyrion to remove Dany regardless of the consequences for him. The fact that nobody mentioned that he is the rightful king during the great council meeting makes it seem like they were plotting on him.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I just listened to Cast of Kings podcast... Didn't hear who Joanna spoke to.... But she CLEARLY says she spoke to someone on set, and DANNY NEVER WENT MAD... it says in the script that she never actually went loco, just got power hungry...

So on one hand... all the people talking about her bloodline and how it was written, was dead wrong... cause she never went batshyt crazy... just thought she was right and would do whatever to be right

But on the other hand.... those who said it didn't make any sense for her to suddenly go crazy was also wrong... cause they never made her go crazy... so it actually made sense

gotta love it :hhh: