OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Varys never got the chance to send the ravens. Jon didn't want it, why would Arya and Sansa be against Brann taking it?

SANSA, ARYA, TYRION, SAM AND BRAN
KNOW JON IS HEIR TO THE THRONE...

TYRION THE MAN WHO CONVINCED JON TO COMMIT TREASON, HIS BEST FRIEND
AND HIS FAKE ASS COUSINS DONT MENTION HIM ONE TIME DURING THAT MEETING.
:devil:
:evil:

That's the shyt I don't get
It's in the books basically and his best friend has proof could of asap showed it take out of jail then Jon of his own choice can relinquish throne and go north
Greyworm can't say shyt once knowing that sure he can be mad cuz he killed her since she freed him but his bytch ass could bend the knee to jon with truth out

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
What if this was GRRM's plan the whole time

tenor.gif
What if he was trolling the whole time to them:russ:

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Drogon wouldn’t let Arya get near Dany :what:
I’m just adding to the ridiculous theories and fukking nonsense. I admit I was a little disappointed at the ending at first, now I accept it, am looking forward to the next book more, and am getting a little annoyed with the fukking nitpicking bullshyt.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I still think he got the best ending. He didn’t want anything to do with political theatre and in being the king beyond the wall, he doesn’t ever have to deal with that again, simple people for a simple, fair, and honest man. It’s kind of poetic, his whole arc was based on him being the ward/son of the most honorable man in Westeros (next to Stannis), and how much it pained him internally to break his oaths and his word. He killed his Night watch brother in half hand, even though half hand told him to do it, he still had to reconcile killing his own sworn brother. He killed the only two women he loved, he betrayed his oath to infiltrate the wildings and then betrayed Mance Raider, who was good to him. He did all that for the watch, and his own brothers did him. He broke the oath of the watch, then he betrayed the watch again in the way he brought the wildings in. He constantly had to compromise his ideals to do the “right” thing for the good of the people. He was a part of a massacre at kings landing, he was conflicted, but blood was on his hands. He killed Dany for the good of the realm, he really did love her, his character had the most internal conflict, and he was given an ending where, in my own head canon, he never has to reconcile another conflict in his head. Nobody in the Planetos is ever gonna go beyond the wall to call the banners of the wildings because Jon Snow never has to swear fealty to any great houses again. The freest man in Westeros
No offense, you wrote all this and it still doesn’t change the fact that all of what Jon Snow—> Aegon Targaryen did and meant = wildling being wack as fukk.

:camby:

Story could’ve stopped at him living with the wildlings the first time around and dikking down Ygritte

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
No offense, you wrote all this and it still doesn’t change the fact that all of what Jon Snow—> Aegon Targaryen did and meant = wildling being wack as fukk.

:camby:
Why would I take offense at someone disagreeing and seeing things differently than I do over a book world that has no bearing on my actual life. I thought it was his best ending, you think it’s wack. I’m alright with the ending, you think it’s wack. The story is doing what it’s supposed to do.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
They shoulda had Bran stand up from the wheel chair at the end and cut to the credits....dat shyt would have been INCREDIBLE. nikkaz woulda been so fukkin mad. :laff:

I actually would have cheered. That would have ALMOST made it all worth it the creators just saying “fukk it” and going full blown crazy with it.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Been avoiding this thread since the new season started
I'm about to start watching my first episode in a minute
:blessed:

Man, I usually did this with the show, and I don’t think I ever ran across spoilers.

This season I watched weekly, and I’m glad I did because POS CBR and the morning news I watch would have spoiled this season for me. :beli:

The fukkin newscasters talking about not spoiling the show by TALKING about it, but the fukkin clips they aired were from the most recent eps. :what: :comeon: :martin:

I could have avoided it, but not for CBR. a$$holes gave it away with their picture/headline combo. :pacspit:

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
Man, I usually did this with the show, and I don’t think I ever ran across spoilers.

This season I watched weekly, and I’m glad I did because POS CBR and the morning news I watch would have spoiled this season for me. :beli:

The fukkin newscasters talking about not spoiling the show by TALKING about it, but the fukkin clips they aired were from the most recent eps. :what: :comeon: :martin:

I could have avoided it, but not for CBR. a$$holes gave it away with their picture/headline combo. :pacspit:
:mjlol:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Eugh. One last time, things I liked:

Visuals. Clearly the budget for this entire season went to this episode. Everything just looked amazing, especially up until Drogon flying away with Dany's corpse.

Stark kids. I loved the final montage of the kids walking/rolling to their new destinies with the Stark theme playing. Yeah how they got there was questionable, especially Bran, but visually they got me.

Endings. It's clear that they did follow George RR's endings. Jon ending up beyond the wall is perfect

Mixed:

- Tyrion. While it was stupid that he could just find his siblings like that, Dinklage really sold the pain he felt. His defiance of Dany was also well done. Everything else was a joke which I'll come back to.

Things I disliked:

- Story was just a mess. Tyrion the prisoner made no sense. First that he got to have a talk with Jon, then his monolog and getting the Lords to elect Bran - this is the worst scene in the show, storywise. This is worse than all the teleporting and plot armour. Just awfully written. Everything was wrong.

- Unsullied/Dothraki not wilding out after Danys murder.
- Grey Worm needing the lords permission to kill Tyrion/Jon.
- Tyrion being allowed to monolog.
- Sansa bossing around her uncle.
- Arya threatening Yara (a Stark threatening a Greyjoy, after Theon sacrificed his life for Bran).
- Electing Bran.
- Bran allowing the North to seccede like that.
- Yara laughing at Democracy even though we've seen her in a Kingsmoot.

Just terrible.

I liked the Dany scenes we got, but the way the story skips over her death was just gross. I liked some ideas earlier to have the show finish with Drogon laying her body somewhere, especially because Bran says he was going to look for Drogon.

Overall I thought that visually the episode was very well done, easily the best of the season - it might even be my favorite episode, but the more I think about the logical steps it took the more it falls apart.