Daps
wcki3fik0fz21.jpg

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I was used as a vehicle for his friction with Danny. Varys got executed because of it. With that said, why Jon let everyone know he was the rightful king after he killed Danny? Might as well let the cat out of the bag.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
They really sabotaged the show just to jump to Star Wars. And let's be real, based on how Disney operates...you just know these dudes aren't gonna last for all 3 films. They'll get the first film done, then be removed over "creative differences" or wanting to do different things outside of Hollywood (ie more HBO stuff).

They could have left the show and let Bryan Cogman (who was the most loyal writer to the books) take over as showrunner. Could have let him do S7 and S8 correctly, with 10 episodes. Hell, 8 episodes each would have been ok. Instead they crashed the plane into the mountain...

I really want to hear Martin's thoughts. The show has made him millions and I doubt he'd shyt on it, but if he finishes TWOW and inevitably does convention appearances he WILL be asked pointed questions about this. And he will give his view. We know he wanted 10-12 seasons, which is ridiculous. But surely making S7 and S8 complete seasons would have done the trick. Basically I think the showrunners panicked after S5/S6, where things started falling apart, and decided they needed to bounce.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
If people rewatch season 7 they will hate it a lot more now

I didn’t like a lot of it but gave it a pass because I had to see where things ended

Now that we know... that shyt was butt cheeks
Noticed this during my pre season 8 watch through...season seven was kinda a choir and now for me, like Dexter this show only lasted 6 seasons

KevCo

Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
They really sabotaged the show just to jump to Star Wars. And let's be real, based on how Disney operates...you just know these dudes aren't gonna last for all 3 films. They'll get the first film done, then be removed over "creative differences" or wanting to do different things outside of Hollywood (ie more HBO stuff).

They could have left the show and let Bryan Cogman (who was the most loyal writer to the books) take over as showrunner. Could have let him do S7 and S8 correctly, with 10 episodes. Hell, 8 episodes each would have been ok. Instead they crashed the plane into the mountain...

I really want to hear Martin's thoughts. The show has made him millions and I doubt he'd shyt on it, but if he finishes TWOW and inevitably does convention appearances he WILL be asked pointed questions about this. And he will give his view. We know he wanted 10-12 seasons, which is ridiculous. But surely making S7 and S8 complete seasons would have done the trick. Basically I think the showrunners panicked after S5/S6, where things started falling apart, and decided they needed to bounce.

10/12 seasons makes sense had he released the two books.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
10/12 seasons makes sense had he released the two books.

Possibly, although I don't think it would last that long. 12 years for a show like this is too much. But it's def true that Martin deserves some criticism. He let this happen by allowing the show to catch him. Releasing one book during the show's 8 year tenure is inexcusable. Even if he had just gotten out TWOW a year or two ago things would have been different.

But like I said, the show shytting the bed ensures more people will peep the books. He better deliver. I have full confidence that the next books will be great...IF they come out. That's the big if.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I'm just saying, I viewed both in the same way. I just watched them on my own, blacked out any online discussion and just from that perspective, Season 7 was much better overall.

Yes the quality in the cinematography and production for the show was high in both seasons, but the story's execution was just significantly worse in S8 IMO, it was way more fan service than in any of the other seasons. That's why it's getting ripped to shreds right now. S7 had people criticizing it, but nothing on the level like we're seeing right now.
Season 7 was pandering to fans way more and was just as bad (although this season finale took it to a new level :picard:).

Just look at those imdb scores.

KevCo

Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Possibly, although I don't think it would last that long. 12 years for a show like this is too much. But it's def true that Martin deserves some criticism. He let this happen by allowing the show to catch him. Releasing one book during the show's 8 year tenure is inexcusable. Even if he had just gotten out TWOW a year or two ago things would have been different.

But like I said, the show shytting the bed ensures more people will peep the books. He better deliver. I have full confidence that the next books will be great...IF they come out. That's the big if.
Agreed...just hope this backlash doesnt delay his books further

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Season 7 was pandering to fans way more and was just as bad (although this season finale took it to a new level :picard:).

Just look at those imdb scores.
Season 7 upped the pace and the action for sure, but it was necessary IMO... and it wasn't nearly as forced as what we have here with Season 8. Not even close.