OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Wish Jon requested a trial by combat and put sword to purpose on Greyworms hating ass. Tells the Unsullied/Dothraki to kick rocks and willingly gives up the crown to go North of the Wall on his terms/desire.

Just didn't like that he was banished to the NW. Gotta run it back to see who other than Yara was against him being freed. That's the one True King right there :mjcry:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
The season got worse as it went on. I never seen anything like it in my life.

Eps 1-2 were ok, if a bit repetitive. Still hope they could stick the landing.

3 after Arya killed the Night King it was kinda like :patrice:"this could go either way"

4-6 was a roller coaster straight down into :flabbynsick: ville. Hence the thread title change.

These cats really ruined a GOAT level show in 6 eps. It's damn near impressive.

Fred.
It’s kinda funny how divisive things were after episode three. A lot of people were defending the direction of the show and giving the writers the benefit of the doubt. We should have known there was no way to salvage the show after you kill the biggest threat of the series with three episodes left in the season.

We should have known the show was going to end in a disappointing fashion because either A. The show pivots to Cersei as the big bad and goes the boring and safe route with the good guys likely defeating her and living happily ever after or B. A more interesting swerve that has no time to develop or breathe. They went with option B and the execution was even worse than you could imagine.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Bran is the true enemy. Think about it. Takes the reeds and hodor on a near useless journey that only reveals info that he benefits from. Meera brother, summer, and hodor all get killed. Has Meera drag him everywhere and she just disappears. Let’s rickon get captured and killed by the Boltons. Comes home and does nothing. Refuses lordship because he’s the three eyed raven. Never uses his connection to the night king to spy on him like apparently the NK did on him. Never wargs into anything except at the battle of winter fell, where half the iron born die protecting him. Purposefully spreads Jon true lineage around knowing that it would cause Dany to snap therefore necessitating Jon killing her. Let’s KL massacre happens. Comes down to KL. Becomes King. Turns Jon, the rightful heir, into an utter pathetic loser forced to go north even tho the unsullied, who are foreigners, leave Westeros. Allows Sansha to succeed like that wouldn’t cause problems(you think yahra, whose brother died for Bran, was loyal to Dany, and as a Greyjoy has always rebelled for independence, is gonna be happy?) Proves how effective he will be by basically skipping the first council meeting to trip balls and chase Drogon. Winter arrived indeed. In the form of Bran

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@hex Which series finale had worse negative outrage from viewers & critics? GoT or "Lost?

Damn that's a difficult question.:patrice:

I'd say "GOT" just due to social media being more prevalent now. Also "GOT" was more popular than "Lost" ever was when it ended.

Fred.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
the fat fukk will make a hunnid million plus if he gets the books out ASAP and pushes the angle that D&D didn't tell the story properly.

i googled and read a few articles that the key events happen, but he suggested another 2 seasons to iron out the details of the story. i am guessing the ending will be the same but better character development.

yo...just checked the last game of thrones book published and it was in 2011??:wtf: so GRRM has been working on this for 8 years and he hasn't even started the 7th book? smh.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
Again, I'm happy for Sophie Turners character..That last shot of Sansa finally being able to take a deep breath while they chant "Queen Of The North!!" Warmed my heart as much as any one scene did. That was sweet...That was great face acting on her part. You could see the relief on her face as she's being crowned....for some reason that got to me, in a good way...

:wow:

I'm not saying I cried...:dame: but that was a very rewarding scene.

:yeshrug:

Besides that, trash finale and Sansa could've done more for Jon. But I'm happy for her nonetheless moreso than anyone else..
You deserve all the negs in the world for this post

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
i think the ending makes sense but the storytelling to get there was pretty bad. it was logical for every character to go the direction they did but man season 7-8 had a lot of bad moments that made this anti-climatic. a lot of goofy stuff happened that threw the story and character arcs off. i wish GoT ended on a better note but whatever. it was a nice run while it lasted. hopefully the prequels deliver.

if GRRM ever decides to finish the book then i'll start that back up. i finished book 1 but never bothered moving forward since i was on season 3 of the tv show and they were very similar.
Yea I also read book 1 . I’m not picking that shyt up until he releases winds of winter

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
@hex Which series finale had worse negative outrage from viewers & critics? GoT or "Lost?
Damn that's a difficult question.:patrice:

I'd say "GOT" just due to social media being more prevalent now. Also "GOT" was more popular than "Lost" ever was when it ended.

Fred.
:patrice: I would think because "Lost" aired on network TV it pulled in bigger viewer numbers than GoT has ever done.despite all the records GOT has been setting in this final season.

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
That’s not right. Alot of people liked season 7 including myself and it’s not fair to choose for him.
If people rewatch season 7 they will hate it a lot more now

I didn’t like a lot of it but gave it a pass because I had to see where things ended

Now that we know... that shyt was butt cheeks

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
i googled and read a few articles that the key events happen, but he suggested another 2 seasons to iron out the details of the story. i am guessing the ending will be the same but better character development.

yo...just checked the last game of thrones book published and it was in 2011??:wtf: so GRRM has been working on this for 8 years and he hasn't even started the 7th book? smh.

It is the Dr. Dre Detox syndrome breh....

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:patrice: I would think because "Lost" aired on network TV it pulled in bigger viewer numbers than GoT has ever done.despite all the records GOT has been setting in this final season.

"Lost" series finale did 13.5 mill on ABC. "GOT" did 13.6 mill on HBO.

"Lost" ratings peaked in season 2. "GOT" ratings increased every year....and in the last season, it increased every episode.

Fred.

Last edited by a moderator: