OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Season 7 was WAAAAAAAAAAAY better breh, it had a pretty good mix of action and story on display.

Season 8 was all Production value and they completely shyt on everything else. That initial battle where the Lannisters got fukked up by Dany's dragons was better than all the battles in this last season IMO... mainly because it just happened, and there wasn't a big ass build up to it.

That was a cool scene but that's not dialogue either. I can look at the production values on "The Bells" and go :ohhh: too... it was still rushed. There was a lot of time jumping going on which I criticized in season 7.

I stopped criticizing the time jumping because it's pointless, they were aiming to reach a finale as quick as they could and we see now that it needed way more time to develop.

That's been my main criticism for like the last three years.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
30hukjn65dz21.jpg

:dead:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That was a cool scene but that's not dialogue either. I can look at the production values on "The Bells" and go :ohhh: too... it was still rushed. There was a lot of time jumping going on which I criticized in season 7.

I stopped criticizing the time jumping because it's pointless, they were aiming to reach a finale as quick as they could and we see now that it needed way more time to develop.

That's been my main criticism for like the last three years.
I'm just saying, I viewed both in the same way. I just watched them on my own, blacked out any online discussion and just from that perspective, Season 7 was much better overall.

Yes the quality in the cinematography and production for the show was high in both seasons, but the story's execution was just significantly worse in S8 IMO, it was way more fan service than in any of the other seasons. That's why it's getting ripped to shreds right now. S7 had people criticizing it, but nothing on the level like we're seeing right now.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
like seriously

what managerial skills has Bran shown that would make ppl think he can be a good king? :deadmanny::deadmanny:
Lol only skill he has is you know he won’t be owed a debt. He’s gonna body you
Bronn being Master of Coins is like appointing a bank robber to run the Federal Reserve :laugh:
You can tell Tyrion made those nepotist hires, almost like trump:mjlol:

Actually its perfect for him :dead:

The vision didn't show her die so i'm sure the vision could have cut out her sitting on the throne as well? :francis:

They just shytted on Dany fans by not giving us a scene of her sitting on the throne :wow:
she must have died in the vision also tho, she was chilling with drago and her baby

Fitting end IMO. If anyone doesn't like it just pretend the show ended in Season 6, no ending was gonna be satisfactory. HBO doesn't have the patience to stretch things out. This whole season could've been about Dany transitioning to becoming the Mad Queen. Season 9 could've been about trying to stop her but they probably didn't want to spend the money. Especially after that Vinyl show flopped.

Sansa got her crown, Jon ended up right back where he started, Arya wants to discover new countries, Worm going to Naath. That small council meeting was :russ: my man Bronn being master of coin and wanting to rebuild the brothels first. Brienne giving Jamie his props in the book, Tyrion stays hand of the king, Drogon off somewhere retired like MJ after hitting that clincher in Utah.
that would be cool is hbo didn’t try to get D&D to do Atleast til season 10. GOT was legit a money printing factory. HBO wanted it to keep going

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
is it me or did dany look like vyseris in that scene with john?

i might just watch this shyt again.....73 episodes

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Giving it more thought and Sansa is so disgusting,.

How many times has she betrayed Jon and gotten praise for it? She betrayed him during the battle of the b*stards, almost got him killed, then she betrayed him again with his parentage... she made a promise to not betray him but did anyway which led to Tyrion and Varys questioning Dany’s claim which helped propel her into madness. Sansa was a mini littlefinger. She played the game of thrones and won but at the expense of her brother. Is it really clever to play on your brother/cousins love for his family? That’s pretty treacherous, imo. She played the hell out of Jon’s loyalty and love for his family to ultimately get what she wanted yet being praised for learning from Cersei and Littlefinger. Your brother trusted you more than anyone else and you betrayed him twice. In the end she got what she wanted. So I guess Sansa is the ultimate winner. Doing what she needs to do and still having people think what she’s doing is right. I guess she did learn.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
I had just watched the Joffrey/Jaime scene randomly a few days ago, where Joffrey makes fun of Jamie for just having a paragraph in the book of Knights. So the Brienne scene made me laugh. She just needed to finish his section off with "but in the end, he ain't shyt"

Guess if I ever binge the show again I will just stop at the Winds of Winter EP/finale.

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
Giving it more thought and Sansa is so disgusting,.

How many times has she betrayed Jon and gotten praise for it? She betrayed him during the battle of the b*stards, almost got him killed, then she betrayed him again with his parentage... she made a promise to not betray him but did anyway which led to Tyrion and Varys questioning Dany’s claim which helped propel her into madness. Sansa was a mini littlefinger. She played the game of thrones and won but at the expense of her brother. Is it really clever to play on your brother/cousins love for his family? That’s pretty treacherous, imo. She played the hell out of Jon’s loyalty and love for his family to ultimately get what she wanted yet being praised for learning from Cersei and Littlefinger. Your brother trusted you more than anyone else and you betrayed him twice. In the end she got what she wanted. So I guess Sansa is the ultimate winner. Doing what she needs to do and still having people think what she’s doing is right. I guess she did learn.
i wish joffrey shot sansa with that crossbow :laff: