OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
People on reddit saying the Azor Ahai prophecy still works. Jon is Azor Ahai and kills his great love Nissa/Dany which brings forth Lightbringer (Drogon) to burn the Iron Throne for once and all. Don't mind it. The only dumb thing about that theory is Rhaegar and Lyanna got together to have this son to stop "Nissa" who wouldn't have become what she became if Rhaegar didn't leave his wife for Lyanna in the first place.

People gotta let book prophecies go. No relation to what happened in the show. Prophecy in the show only stated the "prince that was promised" is the one true king that has a role in the great war to come. That's it. :manny:

Ending truly WAS sexist as all hell. The think pieces written on this in the coming days by angry white women:snoop:

I never read too deep into sexism argument. Hows it sexist? Because Dany died by the hands of her lover? What about Sansa being queen of he North? I'm confused.

THE SAME GATE THEY SHOW SNOW FALLING OVER IT WHEN THE NIGHT KING IS DESTROYING THE WALL RIGHT

Nah. :heh:

Night King destroyed the wall at East Watch. It was next to the ocean.

Giant destroyed the gate during Battle of Castle Black. Was fixed after battle.

Jon and Wildlings traveled north through Castle Black.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
That is bullshyt.
This is an adaptation so nothing in those fukking books that aren't put on the screen can be used as justification for anything.
To excuse shytty writing and conclusions that aren't earned because the books explain it better is not something to point to as a positive when it comes to being a critic. It actually makes the critic look like a moron whose opinions aren't worth a single damn.

I didn't say they used the books to fill in gaps :what: I said that they are book readers which means they are highly invested. They didn't use the books as a counter to everything, they mentioned what we have seen and heard over the first 7 seasons of the show and showed how a lot of plot points were foreshadowed and some were foreshadowed very early... like season 1.

I'm going to hold their opinions higher because they pay attention to every single minute detail from all 73 episodes. You really think that you have paid more attention then they have? I doubt it.

And again they have been very critical of this season.. very critical. It doesn't mean they should throw their hands up and say fukk it. As professionals, they are still going to explain what some viewers may have missed.. which by reading this thread and reading your post sounds like a lot was missed. :manny:

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
I mean... was it not blatantly obvious Dany was going to die either by the hands of Jon or Arya? People are bytching because the shyt was executed so poorly, both with how it eventually happened, and how they build up to it happening.

Also, since when has Game of Thrones ever been this fukking predictable? They turned her into a Tyrant, yet she's still sparing people on her team that are betraying her... when she just fukked up an entire city? Makes no sense, and people need to stop defending this bullshyt.

How is Dany's character capable of decimating an entire city, but not down to execute, Tyrion, Jon, Sansa, Jaime etc on the spot? Why the fukk are guards watching Tyrion, but nobody watching her in the end?

:dead:

Gotdammitmaaaaan

:facepalm:

Probably because she didn't really go "mad" and still had loyalties to these people. It was fairly clear she felt justified and no remorse about what she did - she didn't see the people of King's Landing as innocents, but human shields that Cersei put up to protect herself. In her mind, they were collateral damage. Her people are her people and she wanted them to see things as she did. They wrote her blacking the way she did as very much a shade of grey for her character, where you fully understand WHY she snapped, but also understand WHY she needed to be put down. I think it made perfect sense why that played out as it did - the threat is gone, Danerys can walk about freely - but Tyrion is her prisoner now, so we need to make sure it stays that way.

Of the things that went wrong this episode, that wasn't it for me, honestly.

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
They have been very critical on Binge Mode what are you talking about? :russ: But they also spent time digging into how much of this conclusion has been foreshadowed in the show and in the books..

Here's the difference.

A typical coli poster will say "this shyt make no sense, this shyt trash"

A book reader like Mallory or Jason will say "it does make sense for the character to do this, here's why, here is how it makes sense HOWEVER the showrunners rushed everything and some of these conclusions aren't earned because of how we got here with no details.."

That is the difference between someone who does this for a living and someone who just watches the show and barely pays attention to seasons that came before it.
no they're apologists like you are. they should unequivocally state this shyt is trash like it is :russ:

goatmane

Veteran
Daps

The fan reaction this season has been much more negative than in previous seasons. Were you surprised by some of the vitriol?

Honestly, I’m not surprised. People always have an idea in their heads of how they want a show to finish, and so when it doesn’t go to their liking, they start to speak up about it and rebel.

The thing about “Game of Thrones” that’s always been amazing is the fact that there’s always been crazy twists and turns, right from Season 1 with Ned’s beheading. So Daenerys becoming something of the Mad Queen — it shouldn’t be such a negative thing for fans. It’s a shock for sure, but I think it’s just because it hasn’t gone their way.

All of these petitions and things like that — I think it’s disrespectful to the crew, and the writers, and the filmmakers who have worked tirelessly over 10 years, and for 11 months shooting the last season. Like 50-something night shoots. So many people worked so, so hard on it, and for people to just rubbish it because it’s not what they want to see is just disrespectful.