OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nope. I knew what it was when Sam came out with a song of ice and fire. The shyt was a parody. You act like writers don't give up on shows all the time. Even after the books ended, the show was still great. shyt, the battle of the b*stards could be the GOAT episode in the whole series. D&D proved they could keep this shyt going even without the guidance of GRMM. they definitely proved they could at least tell a competent story. Disney ain't gonna do shyt. The contracts are signed. They're good. They intentiinally crash landed this finale and that's all there is to it. Nothing will happen to them and all will he forgotten if they deliver with the star wars shyt.

You're wilding. Those "Star Wars" movies are gonna have to be GOAT level. Anything less than that and these guys are done.

They took the biggest show of all time (in terms of popularity) and an easy contender for top 5....if not #1....and ran it into the ground.

If you think this ain't gonna follow them their entire career....respectfully, you're nuts. Damon Lindelof is still ducking questions about "Lost", and that ended 9 years ago.

And I'm not saying they couldn't have ended the show well. I'm saying, they stopped giving a fukk solely because they're short sighted. Not because they're vindictive. They got the Disney bag and foolishly forgot they already had a job to finish.

Fred.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Initial stream of consciousness thoughts without reading any comments and such. I feel satisfied with the ending. At first I was like “they chose who?” But the more I thought about it, I feel like it makes sense. fukk a blood line, if you liberating the people make people choose. I still feel like I’m processing it all but l’ll just say that for now.
Bran is the 3 eyed raven. They live for thousands of years. This is just another dictatorship breh. How you gonna sneak up and plot against him anyway?

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
I was fine with almost everything (nobody stepping up to avenge Dany :dahell:) up until the very end. I was holding out hope that Jon and Tormund would be walking through the woods all carefree and shyt, and that the final image would be someone in the shadows lurking from afar...just a dark shadow...until blue eyes opened.

Night King was the savior the people didn't deserve :to:

#walkerset

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
You're wilding. Those "Star Wars" movies are gonna have to be GOAT level. Anything less than that and these guys are done.

They took the biggest show of all time (in terms of popularity) and an easy contender for top 5....if not #1....and ran it into the ground.

If you think this ain't gonna follow them their entire career....respectfully, you're nuts. Damon Lindelof is still ducking questions about "Lost", and that ended 9 years ago.

And I'm not saying they couldn't have ended the show well. I'm saying, they stopped giving a fukk solely because they're short sighted. Not because they're vindictive. They got the Disney bag and foolishly forgot they already had a job to finish.

Fred.

Ask the writers/directors of The Matrix how they life is after they rushed to end that series :bryan:

Cut they own damn dikk off :bryan:

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
I mean, they had lots of source material, budget and viewership to actually do something competent and take their time, so it's either they didn't give a damn or they were this bad the whole time

Them two cocksuckers rushed it. Because they wanted to move on to their Star Wars project. HBO wanted at least two more seasons and that is exactly what the show needed. This season should be about Dany spiraling into becoming the mad queen....in 9 episodes....not two and then the next season should be about stopping her and saving the 7 kingdoms....in 9 episodes....not 1.

This is exactly how GRRM wanted the show to end....but they didn’t flesh it out like they did in prior seasons.

Last edited:

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
People on reddit saying the Azor Ahai prophecy still works. Jon is Azor Ahai and kills his great love Nissa/Dany which brings forth Lightbringer (Drogon) to burn the Iron Throne for once and all. Don't mind it. The only dumb thing about that theory is Rhaegar and Lyanna got together to have this son to stop "Nissa" who wouldn't have become what she became if Rhaegar didn't leave his wife for Lyanna in the first place.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps

Anybody got that Dany with the wings behind her gif?
tumblr_prt2h33Xaa1rnbxo9o2_540.gif

tumblr_prt2h33Xaa1rnbxo9o1_540.gif

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Seriously fukk this show.

fukk Bran.

fukk Sansa.

fukk Tyrion.

fukk the writers.

Both Dany and Jon were did dirty smdh.

You nikkas really think the books will have a different outcome?

Lmfao..

This is exactly how their character arcs will end. Them two nikkas just didn’t flesh it out properly in one season, because it was only 6 episodes.

Blame the heads of the show for not doing two seasons, but blame GRRM if you’re mad at how things ended.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Them two cocksuckers rushed it. Because they wanted to move on to their Star Wars project. HBO wanted st least two more seasons and that is exactly what the show needed. This season should be about Dany spiraling into becoming the mad queen....in 9 episodes....not two and then the next season should be about stopping her and saving the 7 kingdoms....in 9 episodes....not 1.

This is exactly how GRRM wanted the show to end....but they didn’t flesh it out like they did in prior seasons.

First off, what up man where you been?

Secondly, I wouldn't even say this is show GRR Martin wanted it to end, because by their own admission Weiss and Benioff have no idea what's going to be in the finished books. They said GRR Martin don't even know that yet, he has a bunch of pieces he hasn't put together yet.

So I'm thinking they took some of those pieces....which may or may not even appear in any form in the books....and kinda did their own thing. Which normally would be fine, because they've done that to varying degrees of success in earlier seasons....but couple that with the fact that they said "fukk it" because of the Star Wars deal....and here we are.

Fred.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Tried reading this thread but had to stop at all the people bytching when Jon killed Dany

What?:gucci:

You people are pathetic. Groupthink at its finest.

I am going to skip ahead and just read the last few hundred posts and just hope that actual real discussion is occuring. Not holding my breath.
I mean... was it not blatantly obvious Dany was going to die either by the hands of Jon or Arya? People are bytching because the shyt was executed so poorly, both with how it eventually happened, and how they build up to it happening.

Also, since when has Game of Thrones ever been this fukking predictable? They turned her into a Tyrant, yet she's still sparing people on her team that are betraying her... when she just fukked up an entire city? Makes no sense, and people need to stop defending this bullshyt.

How is Dany's character capable of decimating an entire city, but not down to execute, Tyrion, Jon, Sansa, Jaime etc on the spot? Why the fukk are guards watching Tyrion, but nobody watching her in the end?

:dead:

Gotdammitmaaaaan

:facepalm: