OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I am really good with how it ended. I knew that Jon would go off on his own and reform the Night's Watch or become a Wildling when the season started. It made sense for who he was. He has never wanted to be king, and every time he was bestowed a title, first chance he got, he gave it away.

The biggest gripe would be Grey Worm not killing Jon, BUT also, what would he gain? He knows that if he kills Jon, he'd be killed or would have gone to war with all of Westeros that loved Jon. And what does he want? He's on the other side of the world, with a bunch of BS he doesn't care for. In the end, I think he just wants to have a life, a life the was granted to him by Dany...so I do kinda see him letting Jon live.

I think the show is really about things being, the more things change, the more they stay the same. They did not want real change, and the wheel keeps spinning. conflicts are inevitable, and no one really wins. But everyone wants what is best for themselves over others. Notice that the end is really business as usual. People live, people die, cities are rebuilt, but the saga continues.

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
How does Sansa get a happy ending when she wanted to be Queen since season 1 at any cost. She was with fukking Joffrey just because she wanted to be queen. She snitched of Daenerys not because she was bad, but because she would have lost her position in winterfell. If anything Daenerys should have killed Sansa. Weakest ending ever..
Shes queen of the north. They are independent. Shes a queen of half of Westeros

Can anyone repost the map of how far white walkers got on the world map

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
Another week another assassination this time it’s Jon
The “true son” of the most by the book breh in the world sneaks a knife into Danny’s heart? The nikka who was raised if you execute someone you swing the sword, who was the most loyalist nikka in the league?
Don’t get me wrong he would have killed her but not on some sneak shyt
And then I guess we were supposed to be mad that Danny was gonna free all the slaves in the world?
Grey worm got played like a hoe, dothraki disappeared
Assuming Jon’s bytch ass snitched on himself how’d he even make it out alive? Grey worm who was ready to swing on Jon in the street let him go to jail? And then let him join the nights watch? He s supposed to be afraid of the north?
Lol at comparing the weak ass northmen to the combined force of unsullied and Dothraki they would have wiped the floor with them
Again it’s the execution that’s bad not the plot points
Yo when cates brother stood up I was like smack who is this nikka? I don’t even understand why ppl who weren’t in the north like Dorne even backed bran, and Sansa just secedes? No one bats an eye? Like the north wouldn’t have been obliterated without the combined strength of the seven kingdoms ? Bran at the beginning of the season was completely ethereal and now he’s just a regular dude? Eh whatever I enjoyed the ride for the most part but this season has left me wanting I wonder when’s the next time we ll get a show on this scale
I’d give this season a 6/10 you can’t please everyone but rushing everything blatant regard for characters but it had some cool fights

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
0nPX60l.png

What are you even talking about? Stop confusing incompetence with vindictiveness.

The only career Weiss and Benioff fukked up is their own. People are gonna be looking at any future project from them with a side eye now based on how "GOT" went out. That Disney bag ain't gonna last forever. Hell, I'd he surprised as fukk if this doesn't impact how those movies are received.

And the actors from this show were never going to do anything on the level of "GOT" after this ends, so that's a moot point. That's just the nature of virtually every prestige drama in history. But this whole "yeah, Weiss and Benioff got tired of actor input so they decided to run the show into the ground" angle is hands down one of the most bizarre conspiracy theories I've seen on this board.

The actors were complaining because of how bad the writing had gotten. So the idea that the writers said "we'll show you....here's writing bad enough to retroactively ruin the entire series" is just....huh? It makes no sense.

And nobody is holding this train wreck against the actors....nobody is holding it against GRR Martin. So the idea that Weiss and Benioff did this as some kinda revenge is
ewRg78g.png

The blame is being placed squarely on them, that's it.

Fred.
Nope. I knew what it was when Sam came out with a song of ice and fire. The shyt was a parody. You act like writers don't give up on shows all the time. Even after the books ended, the show was still great. shyt, the battle of the b*stards could be the GOAT episode in the whole series. D&D proved they could keep this shyt going even without the guidance of GRMM. they definitely proved they could at least tell a competent story. Disney ain't gonna do shyt. The contracts are signed. They're good. They intentionally crash landed this finale and that's all there is to it. Nothing will happen to them and all will be forgotten if they deliver with the star wars shyt.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I know that. My point is the bytch wanted power just as bad as Daenerys. Sansa is partly responsible for the massacre at kings landing.
Sansa didnt want people to die.. the actual opposite, she constantly worried about the well being (food, space, etc) for the people of the north

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Sansa told Greyworm if he really wants to go against the North men.. I think the Unsullied and Dothraki would have a field day against the North.
Everyone knows this. The Unsullied and Dothraki butcher Westerosi fighters with only its most gifted knights able to even defend themselves. Jorah, who is an incredibly gifted and seasoned Westerosi fighter shown to be probably the most brave fighter by feats, said so himself.

When Sansa said that shyt to Greyworm and he hit her with the
tenor.gif

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Arya should have gotten killed by The Mountain.

A dope scenario would have been if in the last episode, Arya makes it to Cersei and as she's going in for the kill, The Mountain fukking crushed her... then that would have made the fight between The Hound and The Mountain a million times more meaningful.

They tried to make that fight so epic, but really they were side characters who's story didn't even matter like that frfr... if you add in the element of The Hound's greatest rival murdering the girl he saw as his daughter/baby sister who he loved getting killed in front of him... damn that shyt would have hit hard as fukk leading into that fight
:whew:

Man, this shyt was so disappointing because of the effort that the show put in to develop the characters, and the lore was rewarding for so long, and for it to end like that just feels like all that potential was squandered.

I thought Bran's character would really be an asset for humanity because of his special abilities... he could take control of animals and people... yet we didn't see him use that at all in the last seasons. A complete waste... Dany can't die by fire, yet when she falls in the battle field surrounded by the dead, they don't highlight that important aspect about her, why? Should should have used the fire to survive that encounter, would have made that sequence make much more sense.

Would have been nice to see Arya's disguise ability be on display somewhere this season... hell, it's nothing but dead White Walkers everywhere during The Long Night episode, that scene where she jumps and kills The Night King would have just been better if we see a White Walker jumping at him initially and then right when it gets grabbed, Arya appears before the kill blow... just lil shyt like that would have went a long way for me, just seeing what they spend multiple episodes laying the foundation for with some of these characters come full circle in the end would have been a better payoff.

Wasn't it common knowledge that only Targaryen's could ride on the back of the dragons? Should that have been a give away that Jon was of Targaryen descent?

There were so many pieces of the backstory over these last 10 years that were just omitted from this last season that sucks a lot of the lore out of the show