OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Utter Crock of shyt. Bran couldnt be Lord of Winterfell but somehow becomes King and the whole sequence of him becoming King was cringey as fukk, Tyrion went from championing Jon to Bran in a blink.
Sansa demands the north be free but Dorne and the Iron Islands just stay quite, surely they would've wanted the same since especially the Iron Islands rebelled.
Bronns a murderer, whore-mongerer, illeterate, criminal but somehow becomes master of coin.

Drogon melts a throne made out of steel and Jon somehow withstands such heat eminating from him, while just covering his face with his arm

They didnt even touch on the NK and his purpose or ask how Arya was able to sneal up on him just completed forgot about that shyt. Could write a laundry list but so dissapointed i cant be fukked
All I wanted was to know what bran does when he goes on his acid trip. That’s it

MAGNETO.

#STARKSET #LEMONCAKEGANG #NYGBIGBLUE
Daps
Reppin
NY FOOTBALL GIANTS. #STARKSET
I agree.

I read a great article recently that basically said the problem we fans are all noticing, but having a hard time putting into words is the switch by the writers from a Sociological point if few (aka main characters die off but the story keeps going, there are no real evil people or pure good people, just people and how the decisions of the world around them force people to change what they do etc) to a physiological point of view, which is what everyone is used to in movies and TV (characters point of view is why things happen, you need fan favorites to survive since you rely on them to tel your story to the audience etc)

Basically, once these two took over and had no source material, just an outline on the basics on how it would end, they reverted to what they know and crash landed this baby into the swamp.

I’m most certain that GRRM told them that Dany would go all mad king....but left to their own devices, they didn’t know how to get there from the sociological point of view that the books and early seasons of the show were based on.

Basically, unless GRRM wrote it, it was almost always going to end like this regardless of the Hollywood writers they threw at it.

Agree with this wholeheartedly fam.

It’s so hard for us as viewers who have invested time into long burning plots which have taken seasons to develop to watch them end so anti-climactically and abruptly to service the plot so that characters could get to where they needed to for the finale or to stop speculation because it wasn’t necessary for the finale.

You make a great point about the Wire. Such an apt comparison and a great way to show how the sociological aspect outlived the characters. That’s what I love about Thrones. The families, the lore. And admittedly it’s something I couldn’t make peace with and has detracted from my enjoyment of the show this final season. I recognise this so I don’t hate on others for enjoying it. But at the same time I’ve noticed people who enjoyed the sociological aspect or the world itself have echoed criticisms along the same lines as I have.

It’s all subjective though. I can see a lot of people loving the spectacle but for me personally I expected more from them, and maybe I was wrong to. It’s just they did the end of s6 so well you thought they were destined for more greatness, they had set up for s7 so well, the possibilities were endless.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
So.. did Greyworm go off to paradise?

And where did the Dragon take Khaleesi?

Why did they jus mail in this last 2 episodes
He and Missandei had a conversation about where they were from. Shes from Isle of Naath and said something about nit going there because her people are always attacked or some shyt. Greyworm told her he will take his Unsullied there and protect her people with his army when they leave Westeros. Thats where he went.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
[

Rhaegar’s entire point of even trying to fulfill the prophecy was not for praise. It was to make sure that humanity survived. Do you realize that no one in Westeros new the reason for rhaegar and lyanna even getting together? Everyone thought she was kidnapped and raped. His reasoning was not for praise and although we all may have issues with how he went about it, he still did it because he thought he could save the world. That’s Jon. He does what is needed even though he knows people may not agree but he still does it for the greater good. So yes, if you put it that way, then rhaegar did die for his son to become a glorified office manager. An office manager that made it possible for the world to be saved.

:camby:

Yall gotta stop stanning like this. When you got halfway thru what you wrote you should have went :picard: at yourself and deleted it. Why would you put all of that thought into this shyt when the writers didn't bother?

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
Had potential but it was rushed man, wth. HBO and GRRM messed up letting these two morons dictate shyt.

There were some emotional moments though, and the acting (Dany especially) and production was on point. Jon finally got a good scene leaving the wall.

It just felt like forced set pieces one after the other. Dany (the MVP) had no closure to her story: no reaction to her death and no information on where drogon took her. It would have been good if they showed her going to the other side with drogo or at least have drogon take her somewhere interesting. They gave these closure scenes to other characters, don't know why they didn't do it for her.

The whole "game of thrones" political stuff post dany's death was just silly and seemed like a sitcom.

Bran is evil as fukk. Worse than "the mad queen".

I hope some nerds do an animated series or some shyt to give a more fleshed out story post season 6.

Jacaveli The Don

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#NarcissistGang
Which one you brehs called Bran an "autistic tree stump"

:mjlol::laff:

Starkset;
tumblr_p97o7ue1Xi1rdfwwzo10_500.gif

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dreamt that after Dany got ganked, Drogon flew her off to be resurrected by a High Priestess...

Anyway, Dany didn't deserve to go out like that and doesn't make sense as she was built up to be a big player....

So Jon literally forgave the Lannisters who butchered his family and killed his Dad in front of everybody... But....Dany killing some civies in a siege was too much? I hate how Jon just fell for Tyrion's manipulation....

Lannisters are still in charge via Tyrion and Dorne is cool with that apparently....

Unsullied have no replacements since they can have no children nor do they have any new recruits coming in since all the Slavers were killed off...

I would have been satisfied if Jon didn't go through with it and trusted that he could control Dany.