OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
I also think D&D made a mistake keeping Cersei around. It really should’ve been WW then Mad Queen Dany.

Dany was a great heel and we only saw her doing this for 2 eps. If we had half a season of her being heel culminating in the same beats this could’ve been amazing.
I agree.

I read a great article recently that basically said the problem we fans are all noticing, but having a hard time putting into words is the switch by the writers from a Sociological point if few (aka main characters die off but the story keeps going, there are no real evil people or pure good people, just people and how the decisions of the world around them force people to change what they do etc) to a physiological point of view, which is what everyone is used to in movies and TV (characters point of view is why things happen, you need fan favorites to survive since you rely on them to tel your story to the audience etc)

Basically, once these two took over and had no source material, just an outline on the basics on how it would end, they reverted to what they know and crash landed this baby into the swamp.

I’m most certain that GRRM told them that Dany would go all mad king....but left to their own devices, they didn’t know how to get there from the sociological point of view that the books and early seasons of the show were based on.

Basically, unless GRRM wrote it, it was almost always going to end like this regardless of the Hollywood writers they threw at it.

It’s the same reason The Wire was so beloved...it’s the only other show I can think of that was written from the sociological point of view. Characters die off, but each season was really about the world of Baltimore and how the society affected the various groups within its limits. Game of Thrones is the same thing.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
I mean, they had lots of source material, budget and viewership to actually do something competent and take their time, so it's either they didn't give a damn or they were this bad the whole time

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
I agree.

I read a great article recently that basically said the problem we fans are all noticing, but having a hard time putting into words is the switch by the writers from a Sociological point if few (aka main characters die off but the story keeps going, there are no real evil people or pure good people, just people and how the decisions of the world around them force people to change what they do etc) to a physiological point of view, which is what everyone is used to in movies and TV (characters point of view is why things happen, you need fan favorites to survive since you rely on them to tel your story to the audience etc)

Basically, once these two took over and had no source material, just an outline on the basics on how it would end, they reverted to what they know and crash landed this baby into the swamp.

I’m most certain that GRRM told them that Dany would go all mad king....but left to their own devices, they didn’t know how to get there from the sociological point of view that the books and early seasons of the show were based on.

Basically, unless GRRM wrote it, it was almost always going to end like this regardless of the Hollywood writers they threw at it.

It’s the same reason The Wire was so beloved...it’s the only other show I can think of that was written from the sociological point of view. Characters die off, but each season was really about the world of Baltimore and how the society affected the various groups within its limits. Game of Thrones is the same thing.
Agreed. Even if GRRM put out just winds it would've greatly benefited the finish, they would've likely been able to avoid the suicide wight mission/Arya-Sansa-LF plots that drove season 7.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
I dreamt that after Dany got ganked, Drogon flew her off to be resurrected by a High Priestess...

Anyway, Dany didn't deserve to go out like that and doesn't make sense as she was built up to be a big player....

So Jon literally forgave the Lannisters who butchered his family and killed his Dad in front of everybody... But....Dany killing some civies in a siege was too much? I hate how Jon just fell for Tyrion's manipulation....

Lannisters are still in charge via Tyrion and Dorne is cool with that apparently....

Unsullied have no replacements since they can have no children nor do they have any new recruits coming in since all the Slavers were killed off...

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sansa told Greyworm if he really wants to go against the North men.. I think the Unsullied and Dothraki would have a field day against the North.
Breh.. How many north men was left after the war with the dead? How can they defeat basically the greatest fighters in the 7 kingdoms. This shyt is really not making any sense but it is fantasy tv..