LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Yo it's so easy to have made this shyt so much better.

Early season, have Dany decide to attack kings landing while Arya is there to kill cersei. Cersei kills missandei, Dany loses her shyt and kills cersei and burns down kings landing. Arya says "I'm here to kill an evil queen but I guess it isn't cersei". Arya takes missandeis face, Dany is shocked to see her and Arya uses that to kill Dany.

Truth about Jon comes out and the unsullied and dothraki follow Jon because drogon follows Jon. Jon is crowned king and unites westeros to come north and fight the true enemy to end the season, the night king.

Everybody knows the night king should have been the finale. Have almost everyone die defending westeros, including a pissed off Jamie who is depressed his twin sister is dead. Have Jamie sacrifice himself Theon style to save catelyn starks daughters how he promised.

Then it ends with almost everyone dead except a handful of main characters who now have to rebuild and reunite westeros.

Cliche, but satisfying. More satisfying than this bs.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Got a couple things i wanna get off my chest.

There seems to be a push by many modern writers where they feel as though they are above giving the audience a satisfying or for lack of a better word "good" ending. The good ending is something that is considered too easy, its not sophisticated enough for their intended audience and they want to use their writing to separate themselves from their less craft peers. It leads to situations like Mass Effect 3, Lost, etc... where the audience doesn't feel like the payoff was worth the time and money invested in the story. No i dont want to use my imagination and surmise myself what happened, tell me what happened. You were doing that for the last few years so i dont have a problem with you closing out the story in a way that gives closure to everything. And no i dont want an ending where i end up feeling bad or uneasy upon completion of the story. I dont know if GRMM ever intended for his story to be as large as it is in pop culture so i cant blame him 100% for this everybody you like loses ending but i cant imagine that even if the show never existed the readers would have been happy with this outcome.

Second thing and it ties to the first is if there was more that could have been done to flesh out this story before this ending it should have been done. If D&D didnt want to continue with the show then replace them with someone that does want to work on it, but make sure the story is told in a way that at the very least gives justification to the ending and doesnt turn everyone into a complete idiot to justify what happens. At this point im looking at the ending and what happens to each character and almost nobody deserves what happens to them. And by deserves i dont mean you did something bad so bad things should happen to you what i mean is that what happens to them isnt justified in the story.

Dany's turn to an evil tyrant is just too abrupt and the way the story is being told it looks as if Jon would have supported her emotionally even 10% she would have been fine. Jon goes from being madly in love with this woman to i cant even give you a hug because someone told me who my real parents are. The only thing he can offer is screaming "You are my Queen" and "I dont want it". Jon spends the entire story pretty much being the nicest guy in Westeros and trying to help everyone but when its most crucial to the future of Westeros, he has nothing to offer. So what happened to Dany was not justified in the story and Jon isnt written in a way that is consistent with his character. Speaking of Jon what ever happened to the prince that was promised, the flaming sword, the lord of light, etc.... All that just flew out the window. God there is so much with Jon, for example why would people readily agree that sending him to the wall is a punishment when 1) there is no reason for the wall to exist now that the Night King is dead and the wildlings arent a threat, and 2) everyone knows Jon rolls deep with the wildlings. How is it a punishment to go hang out with all your friends.

Cersei is written just as bad. This woman was shown to be completely ruthless in protecting what she thinks is hers. She had no qualms about using a 7 foot zombie to instill fear in her potential challengers or blowing up the sept to get revenge on those church fanatics. I just couldnt shake the fact that the story should have ended in episode 4 when Dany rolled up to Kings Landing with 15 soldiers and her dragon out there taking a cat nap while Cersei stands atop a fortress with an entire army pointing bows at everyone in Dany's group and she has 20 scorpions with Drogon in their sights. Given what we know about this character she would have just killed them all then and there and called it a day.

Bran. Tyrion just throws out that Bran is the 3 Eyed Raven, can see the past/future, etc.. so he should be King and nobody bats an eye. The folks down in Dorne dont know there is a magic child that can do all this shyt. If someone tells me there is a magic kid that can see all this my first question is why didnt you do something to stop this massacre. Did you not say something because you knew it would lead to you becoming King? Are you acting on a future that directly benefits you, what if something could have happened that led to me being King, why cant we do that? Speaking of Dorne, why wouldnt they want the same deal the North got? They held out against Targaryan rule the longest, they dont really get involved in 7 Kingdom conflicts, and they were trying to overthrow the government from the jump. If anyone wants out, its them.

None of this stuff reconciles with the first part of the story, the part that was actually written out. In the first half Rob Stark and the whole Red Wedding deal wasnt exactly an example of people being treated fairly but at least there you can justify what happened by looking at the mistakes Rob made. You can get over your disappointment or anger due to the actions being justified by someones actions. Ned Stark was screwed over but once again you can look at his actions and the actions of Sansa to see why this happened. Even Renly, who was killed by an evil p*ssy spirit, has story supported justification for what happened to him. The characters who made it to the end have flimsy at best support for their events.

MAGNETO.

#STARKSET #LEMONCAKEGANG #NYGBIGBLUE
Daps
Reppin
NY FOOTBALL GIANTS. #STARKSET
They could have had everything that happened this season happen the same, but if they had made it happen over 2 seasons and 16-20 episodes, I think most people would be happy.

It just felt so rushed with so many time jumps and so many assumptions that the threads started coming apart.

I also think D&D made a mistake keeping Cersei around. It really should’ve been WW then Mad Queen Dany.

Dany was a great heel and we only saw her doing this for 2 eps. If we had half a season of her being heel culminating in the same beats this could’ve been amazing.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
They set up Arya nicely for a spin off :whew:

They'll have to lay low for a couple of years though until the heat is off from these two seasons.

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
From reddit.
The stupidity of the Bronn scene

Dorne

• Thousands of years of independence, plus 200 years of holding out against the Targaryens even after Aegon's invasion

• Only agreed to join the realm by marriage, provided that they would be granted extra autonomy, and royal privileges for their ruler.

• Have literally nothing in common with the Starks, who've just been foisted unto the throne by the Lannisters, whom the Dornish should still presumably despise.

• Presumably find out that the only reason everything went to shyt was because Rhaegar Targaryen bailed on his Dornish wife to go bone a Stark girl, thereby producing a secret child whose very existence cost the lives of Elia Martell who was also raped, her children, and now most of King's Landing.

Votes "Aye" for Brandon Stark because Tyrion said he's got a good story

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
The scene after makes no sense

So drogon is waiting by the door protecting Dany from anyone entering. He is covered in ash so clearly he was there for a long time. Then we see Dany walking into the throne room. Then Jon comes up behind her. So she was looking for the throne room for like 4 hours? And Jon finds it in 30 seconds?

:gucci:

:mjlol:breh apparently Dany spent hours doing nothing after destroying Kings Landing...

MAGNETO.

Daps
Reppin
If that's the case why tf let King's Landing burn?:russ:

Why that nikka let ANY of this bullshyt happen since he been back from beyond the wall:russ:

People accepting Bran is good on merit is bad writing by D&D.

Bran didn’t complete his training and has the mark of the NK, does this mean Bran is potentially evil? Would’ve made for a good subplot.

Also Bran since s6 has been an emotionless and empty character who has been shytty to most people he’s come into contact with. How is he fit to be King?

Essentially Tyrion is King and Bran is just a figurehead/puppet who prevents corruption from happening. But anyone who has studied political science will know transparency and honesty does not necessarily mean good governance.

D&D shouldn’t have made Bran king because they’ve been reductionist in addressing all the political theory the underlies why he’d be a good king, something this show has handled smartly since the War of the Five Kings up until s6.

MAGNETO.

Daps
Reppin
If D&D wanted to break the wheel and show the common folk that anyone could be king, it really should’ve been Davos.

In a weird messed up way Littlefinger would’ve been the best example to make Tyrion’s point about someone having an amazing story becoming King.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
I also think D&D made a mistake keeping Cersei around. It really should’ve been WW then Mad Queen Dany.

Dany was a great heel and we only saw her doing this for 2 eps. If we had half a season of her being heel culminating in the same beats this could’ve been amazing.

They should have ended Season 7 with the white walkers battle and focused this season on Danny's heel turn.

Kwéyòl

Moon walking seeing moon people
Daps
Reppin
St.Lucia,Dominica n St.Croix
*Fast forward 60 years *
* bran leaves to become the 3er*
* all the great houses Gather to elect a new ruler *

“ I should be king”

“ no fukk You I should be king”

“No fukk all of you I should be queen or I’m becoming independent”

* war For who should rule starts over again*