I called it 4th post in this thread:mjlol:

Put some respect on my name :shaq:

Edit: I meant edmure not euron lmao

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
He was right tho. In those times (that it’s based upon).... you follow the king NO MATTER WHAT. Kings blood was believed to be in the direct line with God himself. His word was law and his word was final.

Look at Barristan Selmy. He was also Kings guard to the mad king. But he followed those orders no matter what. Sir Dayne knew his king was dead and that Ned was the brother of the girl in the tower. He still fought to the death to follow that last order.

And yet Ned was praising Barristan for his honor. Even tho he watched his brother die, his sister “kidnapped” and protected bytch ass Joffrey. He was still honorable because you serve no matter what. You don’t get to decide right and wrong. That’s your king. You follow your oath, which is to always follow, no matter what.

So like Ned said..... You served when it was safe. First hard choice he had to make and he killed his own king. Everyone in the world knew that was a bytch move, no matter why. And they shamed him while propping up Barristan who actually followed the mad kings orders. Even let him stay based on his honor, when rob took over

This is explained more when Jaime tells brienne. “You think the honorable Ned Stark wanted to hear my story”. Basically nobody was gonna listen to those excuses and explanations. There was gonna be no justification that would suffice.
That’s why Jaime’s character was so good before this season. It basically makes you think what is honor. Is it honorable to serve a mad king whose about to murder innocents or kill him and save innocence. Ned and Selmy would be honorable guys letting a whole city burn to the ground? That’s not honorable that’s fukking stupid.:hhh: Ned had no problem sacrificing his honor to save Jon’s life but he would be willing to watch a city burn just to follow orders.:mjlol:

Daps
Jamie was never a “good guy”, he was a complex and grey character.

His story could have ended in a tragic and selfish way but not by literally disregarding everything he said and did up to that point just to say “lol he never cared. He bad and luv Cersei”

I don’t care that he wasn’t the savior. I care that his end was told like shyt and now people are making up their own script based on that ending.

Tyrion also tried to save her. That disregard his arc too?

And if we’re basing care for innocents on who someone didn’t kill, does that count for Ned? He would have stood by the mad king.

And Jamie was disgusted and horrified by what Cersei had done in blowing up the sept. He didn’t just go “o damn, well not like I care”.

Jaime was a hoe dude, always been one. You are bringing up a bunch of irrelevant shyt to try to ignore that fact. Tyrion's arc? Who's talking about that?

Then you assert Ned would've stood by the Mad King as is if that's a fact. That's an alternate reality. You just made that completely up. How about just sticking to what he actually did. He actually did have a king order him to do some morally corrupt shyt (murder kid Targaryeans across the world). He quit his post instead of carrying that order out. Obviously you don't take vows to be Hand of the King like you do to be Kingsguard, so we'll never know how he would've acted with that added caveat...so why even bring it up? It's irrelevant.

Bringing up red herrings with your fantasy guess of what Ned would have done and questions of Tyrion's arc does nothing to negate the fact that Jamie is a hoe through and through. :manny:

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
I have no idea how Dany can't make it with that big ass dragon :heh:

Unless they merk her and he just fly off to go fukk the world up on his own
If Dany does get killed Drogon basically has to go off and kill everybody and melt down the throne. Anything else is just trash writing, but we know how that goes.... :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
There’s nothing to suggest Jamie wasn’t serious about protecting people when he was in that tub with brienne, when he saved brienne and when he rode all the way north to fight zombies for the living. Other than a subverted expectation heel turn.

The point of that scene with Ned was to get the payoff of learning the full details of why killed the king in the first place.

Maybe if they actually showed his regression and the fact that he never gave a fukk about anything or anyone, fine. But no, the end of his arc is relying on one liners to piece his story.

One of the best characters with one of the best story arcs was ruined.

Yea i legit hit the :gucci: when this dude was on some “never gave a fukk. Innocent or otherwise” . I’m like your entire semi-redemption in the eyes of the viewer is based upon the fact that you secretly GAVE A fukk. Dude didn’t join his Father and Sister in making Tyrion’s life miserable. He didn’t let the Bolton captors rape Brienne. He didn’t let the Mad King blow Kings Landing to ashes. He defied Cersei, the muthafukking LOVE of his life, to ride North and fight for the living.

Because he always (we are led to believe) GAVE a fukk.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
He was right tho. In those times (that it’s based upon).... you follow the king NO MATTER WHAT. Kings blood was believed to be in the direct line with God himself. His word was law and his word was final.

Look at Barristan Selmy. He was also Kings guard to the mad king. But he followed those orders no matter what. Sir Dayne knew his king was dead and that Ned was the brother of the girl in the tower. He still fought to the death to follow that last order.

And yet Ned was praising Barristan for his honor. Even tho he watched his brother die, his sister “kidnapped” and protected bytch ass Joffrey. He was still honorable because you serve no matter what. You don’t get to decide right and wrong. That’s your king. You follow your oath, which is to always follow, no matter what.

So like Ned said..... You served when it was safe. First hard choice he had to make and he killed his own king. Everyone in the world knew that was a bytch move, no matter why. And they shamed him while propping up Barristan who actually followed the mad kings orders. Even let him stay based on his honor, when rob took over

This is explained more when Jaime tells brienne. “You think the honorable Ned Stark wanted to hear my story”. Basically nobody was gonna listen to those excuses and explanations. There was gonna be no justification that would suffice.

Lets not act like Ned didn’t have personal reasons for judging Jamie as well. Jamie was an arrogant, pompous prick, who reveled (although it was an act) in his LACK of honor and decency. Jamie killed the King and then (for understandable reasons) played up the King-slayer title he was bestowed.

And Ned absolutely would NOT have stood by and done any and everything the Mad King told him. Ned woulda killed that mithafukka himself if he was in Jamie’s position.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Cuz he's a bytch ass fakkit:gucci:

Idk why so many are upset with the way he went out. Y'all really believed all that BS he was spitting about giving a fukk about the innocent?:mjlol:

Lord Eddard saw right through this clown. An overrated fighter with no honor and told him so straight to his face:

One of my favorite scenes in the series :banderas:

That ether.:mjlol:

Blackfish sonned him much worse IMO.

Olenna takes the cake though, took his soul and then died before he could even react.:wow:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
People kill me with this, she watched her best friend head get chopped off in front of her. Why is nobody calling Greyworm "The Mad Unsullied"? with all the crazy shyt he was doing

I honestly see no difference in what happened with her and what happened Frieza killed Krillin and made Goku go "mad"

:mjlol: Like I told my girl: I guess Grey Worm and those soldiers went mad when they heard the bells too.

Dany went north

lost a dragon

wasn't respected

lost maaaad soldiers

lost one best friend

wasn't respected

lost her claim to the throne, which been her lifelong goal

lost her man

lost ANOTHER dragon

lost ANOTHER best friend

Lost her cool? nikkas is like "SHE WENT INSANE ALL OF THE SUDDEN :damn::damn::damn::damn:"

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Yea i legit hit the :gucci: when this dude was on some “never gave a fukk. Innocent or otherwise” . I’m like your entire semi-redemption in the eyes of the viewer is based upon the fact that you secretly GAVE A fukk. Dude didn’t join his Father and Sister in making Tyrion’s life miserable. He didn’t let the Bolton captors rape Brienne. He didn’t let the Mad King blow Kings Landing to ashes. He defied Cersei, the muthafukking LOVE of his life, to ride North and fight for the living.

nfcmmdbdw6y21.png

"He's just a complicated, misunderstood character"
full

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps

I didn't take that innocents line he told Tyrion seriously, it was a classic Jamie nonchalant one liner. Reminded me of when he told Tywin he doesn't care what people think of him and Tywin called it out as bullshyt.

Jamie's always had moments of decency like you listed, and just like he told Daeny and Sansa, the grimy things he did was for his family and specifically Cersei and he'd do them again without hesitation. The people that expected him to abandon her once that war was over were clueless.

shonuff

All Star
Daps
:mjlol: Like I told my girl: I guess Grey Worm and those soldiers went mad when they heard the bells too.

Dany went north

lost a dragon

wasn't respected

lost maaaad soldiers

lost one best friend

wasn't respected

lost her claim to the throne, which been her lifelong goal

lost her man

lost ANOTHER dragon

lost ANOTHER best friend

Lost her cool? nikkas is like "SHE WENT INSANE ALL OF THE SUDDEN :damn::damn::damn::damn:"
but letrs fget deeper

she was pimped by her BROTHER; raped on her wedding night and stockholmed - got past that- had a baby that was murdered had her husband murdered ; had her best maid also murdered and was betrayed by one of them who did it

and thats ALL before she left the Dothraki.. and still she CHOSE to be the better person - she CHOSe to do the right thing because of her own internal morality - her own CODE made her lock up her dragons when they killed a child ...her dragons that she loves like her children

but the recent events were just too much for her ????

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
Y’all think there is any chance the writers filmed a multiple endings knowing there was a strong possibility the intended version was gonna be leaked?:francis:

Would it even be possible for them to keep the alternate episode locked away as a break glass in case of emergency type situation.:francis: