OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Who's really responsible for Daenerys Targaryen becoming the Mad Queen?

This is in no particular order.

1. Cersei Lannister: Cersei ordered the execution of Missandei, Daenerys' best friend, out of sheer malice.

2. The Night King: The Night King killed her dragon Viserion after Daenerys was convinced by Jon Snow that the real threat was in the North.

3. Euron Greyjoy: Euron ambushed and killed her second dragon, Rhaegal, leaving her with only one dragon left.

4. Varys: Varys betrayed Dany in an attempt to let people know Jon Snow/Aegon Targaryen was the rightful king.

5. Tyrion: He betrayed Dany by telling Varys before Dany

Not to mention the Mad King, Viserys, Mirri Maz Duur, Xaro Xhoan Daxos, Doreah, each contributing to her paranoia, trauma, and psychological issues as well as the deaths of Khal Drogo, Barristan Selmy, and Jorah Mormont.

And the ones who are the most responsible:

JON SNOW/AEGON TARGARYEN AND SANSA FUKKING STARK :pacspit:

Dany knew what would happen if the truth came out. She loved Jon Snow, but everything she fought for over the years would be for nothing if the truth were to come out. She begged him not to say anything. Jon Snow, for some silly reason, couldn't hide the truth from his cousins, Sansa and Arya (Bran already knew and so did Sam, but if Jon didn't want Sam to say shyt, he wouldn't).

He swore them to secrecy. Bran and Arya kept their fukking mouths shut (because Arya's a G and why should Bran give a fukk), but Sansa, who has been a two-faced bytch ever since Ramsey and Littlefinger, opened her goddamn mouth, knowing exactly what would happen, simply because she didn't like Dany.

Dany is so distraught over her best friend's death, the loss of 2 of her dragons, and the realization that she's not the true heir and now more people know...BUT she was still willing to work with her nephew if he maintained their close romantic relationship.

Aegon Targaryen had already been fukking Daenerys Targaryen. He could've overcome his Northern discomfort about fukking family and given Dany some love. She would not have turned King's Landing to ash if Jon Snow/Aegon Targaryen had just kept dikking her down.

But he bytched out. As a result, Dany snapped and a city filled with innocent people was destroyed. :snoop:
:umadd:

Starkset/Snowgang :blessed:

Daps
I just want to know what Ned would of done in Jaime’s position? Kill his pops cause Aerys said so. Let the city burn because the king ordered it?:wtf:

This is irrelevant cuz we're talking about the motivations of hoe ass Jamie Lannister. He wasn't tryna save innocents, just his daddy.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Shae has a lot of screen time for someone that died four seasons ago :dwillhuh:
Made me realize how many characters were kept alive by narrative vs screen time - Benjen, night king, mance. But how is lyanna only at 5 minutes? Felt like she had 5 minutes this season alone

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I just want to know what Ned would of done in Jaime’s position? Kill his pops cause Aerys said so. Let the city burn because the king ordered it?:wtf:
You didn’t see Ned openly defying King Rob? I doubt he would have killed him, but throwing down the hand emblem and saying nah I ain’t gone do it, was Ned’s go to moves

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I
LMAO @ you believing that bullshyt.

He killed Aerys cuz he ordered Jamie to kill his treasonous father Tywin. All that other shyt was justification that Jamie tells himself to help himself sleep at night. That's why when he realized his sis was bout to die he ran back try save her. That's all he's ever been about.
There’s nothing to suggest Jamie wasn’t serious about protecting people when he was in that tub with brienne, when he saved brienne and when he rode all the way north to fight zombies for the living. Other than a subverted expectation heel turn.

The point of that scene with Ned was to get the payoff of learning the full details of why killed the king in the first place.

Maybe if they actually showed his regression and the fact that he never gave a fukk about anything or anyone, fine. But no, the end of his arc is relying on one liners to piece his story.

One of the best characters with one of the best story arcs was ruined.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Well Brehs and brehettes, Judgement day is upon us. Last Dance.

Whatever happens tonight I want y'all to know it's been a fun ride. This season has been shyt but overall the show was marvelous. I just hope the dont make us wait too long for the spin-off shows

Shout out to all the sets. THose who are still alive. THose who didnt make it. #renleyBaratheonSet #stanniSet #greyJoySet #starkSet #boltonSet, etc :salute:

Daps
There’s nothing to suggest Jamie wasn’t serious about protecting people when he was in that tub with brienne, when he saved brienne and when he rode all the way north to fight zombies for the living. Other than a subverted expectation heel turn.

The point of that scene with Ned was to get the payoff of learning the full details of why killed the king in the first place.

Maybe if they actually showed his regression and the fact that he never gave a fukk about anything or anyone, fine. But no, the end of his arc is relying on one liners to piece his story.

One of the best characters with one of the best story arcs was ruined.

His arc wasn't ruined, it was fulfilled. You just seem upset cuz you believed the lies he told himself (and everyone who'd listen) to make himself look/feel better. It all came full circle for him. His hoe ass actually started to believe the nonsense so he goes north out of faux honor, but at the end of the day he only cares about who he cares about...and it's not the nameless innocents.

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I
His arc wasn't ruined, it was fulfilled. You just seem upset cuz you believed the lies he told himself (and everyone who'd listen) to make himself look/feel better. It all came full circle for him. His hoe ass actually started to believe the nonsense so he goes north out of faux honor, but at the end of the day he only cares about who he cares about...and it's not the nameless innocents.
Just because it ended doesn’t mean it was good

And what are you basing your reasoning on, that isn’t you basically writing more of the script in your own head?

What do you base the assumption that he was lying all this time on besides the writers making him switch up at the end and filling in the rest of the script yourself?