OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Yes I’m clowning the people that are signing this shyt. :yeshrug: it’s corny , hbo doesn’t care about your petition as long as the ratings are good

Doubt anybody truly believes the petition will result in a remake. However, it puts a permanent stain on this final season and D&D's efforts.

It's one thing to say "a lot of people disliked the last season" and another to say "The final season was bad enough that ~2million people petitioned for a redo... and those are just the people who opt-in to be heard."

This has already made plenty headlines, and will likely erupt on Monday. Just yesterday I overheard an FS1 show betting on who survives and the panel was openly shytting on the season during their takes. :heh:

So yea, its not really about reshooting the seasons, but more so branding a scarlet letter on these clowns. :manny:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
The fact these guys decided to half ass the finish to this show because they want to hurry up and do star wars fukking irks the hell outta me.

If I were HBO id be pissed.

A franchise that seemed like it was gonna print money forever with spinoff possibilities gets ruined in less than 6 episodes:bryan:

The spinoff prequel won't be nearly as hyped now...

I can't put any faith in these two clowns in anything again.

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
Soundtrack
Cinematography
Acting

Have ALL been on point this season. Its the writing and pacing that has destroyed the damn season.
at the bolded facts, the crew have been giving their all on this show this season

@Ziggiy being a writer (I am too), writing often goes overlooked (as long as it's passable) in favor of other parts of a show that jump out at viewers...but this goes to show that if the writing is not on point it throws nearly EVERYTHING off

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Doubt anybody truly believes the petition will result in a remake. However, it puts a permanent stain on this final season and D&D's efforts.

It's one thing to say "a lot of people disliked the last season" and another to say "The final season was bad enough that ~2million people petitioned for a redo... and those are just the people who opt-in to be heard."

This has already made plenty headlines, and will likely erupt on Monday. Just yesterday I overheard an FS1 show betting on who survives and the panel was openly shytting on the season during their takes. :heh:

So yea, its not really about reshooting the seasons, but more so branding a scarlet letter on these clowns. :manny:
When you have the actors on record openly shytting on the show then you know it's real.

This isn't even some overreacting stan outrage.

These a$$holes insisted on a shortened final season then give us shyt...:mjaggy:

How you get offered a nice giant bag by HBO to do what you want for the finish and say "nah we only need 6...:mjpls: "

Imagine if The Wire got that HBO support to finish the series unrushed:wow:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
When was the last time a show ended that people were cool with?
Breaking Bad.... The show D&D brought up as exactly what they'd like to copy when it comes to ending

The shield was actually pretty damn great as a final season and ending

That nerd shyt that went off last night.... Everybody was loving that one

The americans definitely another show that went out on top

Mad Men was fukking flawless... The only other series besides GOT and the wire that i've seen in full, over 5 times

I mean we can go on... it's very rare... VERY rare... And that's what separates great runs from GOAT shows

Thrones had a great run... Last two seasons will make sure it's never the GOAT show

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
at the bolded facts, the crew have been giving their all on this show this season

@Ziggiy being a writer (I am too), writing often goes overlooked (as long as it's passable) in favor of other parts of a show that jump out at viewers...but this goes to show that if the writing is not on point it throws nearly EVERYTHING off

The "offensive line" of film? :jbhmm::leon:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Breaking Bad.... The show D&D brought up as exactly what they'd like to copy when it comes to ending
I disagree. That ending was the epitome of safe and (I hate using this phrase) fan service. The thing is, that story was nowhere near as epic or sprawling as GoT. Then you factor in that the majority of its viewership wasn't there from day 1 like GoT. BB got popular off of people binging it on Netflix for 3-4 seasons. They showed up to watch it live as it was ending. BB didn't have a million plot threads to tie up, it had one: when does Walt get caught. It happened, tension rose to a trillion, and they gave you a tidy ending. If you really go through that finale with the same critical lens people are using now, you start to notice the deficiencies. There are thematic issues as well, not just nitpicking/logic issues. Great show, doe:manny:

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I disagree. That ending was the epitome of safe and (I hate using this phrase) fan service. The thing is, that story was nowhere near as epic or sprawling as GoT. Then you factor in that the majority of its viewership wasn't there from day 1 like GoT. BB got popular off of people binging it on Netflix for 3-4 seasons. They showed up to watch it live as it was ending. BB didn't have a million plot threads to tie up, it had one: when does Walt get caught. It happened, tension rose to a trillion, and they gave you a tidy ending. If you really go through that finale with the same critical lens people are using now, you start to notice the deficiencies. There are thematic issues as well, not just nitpicking/logic issues. Great show, doe:manny:
Totally different convo but I co sign. For as much detail that the BB writers put in that story I was expecting a way different ending. They went safe.

As far as this thread goes, the trolls are a perfect example of how much this site has fell off :wow:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Totally different convo but I co sign. For as much detail that the BB writers put in that story I was expecting a way different ending. They went safe.

As far as this thread goes, the trolls are a perfect example of how much this site has fell off :wow:
I didn't want to get into another show in here, but I figured a paragraph couldn't hurt:whoa:
Honestly, I can't even call these dudes trolls. If you follow any GoT page on social media, a ton of them are saying the same things:heh:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
only thing i disagree with in this reply...GOT definitely got a huge jump around season 4 (once people realized it was a good show that wasn't just some fantasy BS) then had another jump around season 7 as the late to the game/FOMO people caught on and wanted to ride out the last two seasons.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I can understand that point... I'd like to dive into the plot problems that you saw, but lets not do that today.. I know there were some... But that final season thread was damn near like this.. nikkas posting pics with shyt circled in the background... Pulling up random episodes from seasons past to link plots and schemes... A whole bunch of "yoooo but in season 1, he had said................."

The main thing I will agree is, there was nowhere near the wrap up needed there, as in GOT... That's why everyone is so pissed.. You knew you needed more eps.. They knew it and HBO knew it and GRRM knew it and they turned it down... Then, nobody asked them to bring up BB, they did it themselves... And already seen the season, knew it wasn't up to par, but floated it out there anyway...

I guess the cast and crew and book author are trolling too huh? I keep saying it to anyone who disagrees... Please go out and find us the people who are raving about this season... where the fukk they at? EVERY fan just turned into a troll one day?