OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
It's an organize way for fans of the same opinions to communicate their outrage to D&D for season 8. If that petition is what's bothering you then just like somewhat else said. You sound more mad the ones that are signing the petition :russ:
Yes I’m clowning the people that are signing this shyt. :yeshrug: it’s corny , hbo doesn’t care about your petition as long as the ratings are good

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
:francis: Petitions have saved shows before. Just last year fans saved The Expanse TV show through petitions. If the fans didn't care it likely would have died on SyFy.

My favourite is still Prison Break when people signed a petition to bring back Sarah, and they actually did.

I actually met her many years later and brought it up. She said the backlash and petition is why they gave in and contacted her.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
:francis: Petitions have saved shows before. Just last year fans saved The Expanse TV show through petitions. If the fans didn't care it likely would have died on SyFy.
This ain’t the expanse tho. More people watched the last episode of this then all together watched the expanse.

A petition in this case is some spoiled entitled fans thinking everyone should be catering to their interest and standards. The most watched show on hbo isn’t about to listen to the vocal minorety

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
So you really think hbo is going to re shoot GOT despite it being a success and most people liking it?

No I don't think so. I'm of the mind that they'd have to reboot the entire show to make it solid. :manny: It just sounded like from your posts that petitions were pointless I just wanted to say it wasn't always true.

My favourite is still Prison Break when people signed a petition to bring back Sarah, and they actually did.

I actually met her many years later and brought it up. She said the backlash and petition is why they gave in and contacted her.

:russ: I remember that. That had to be one of the wildest retcons I've seen in a show. Her damn head was in a box, breh!

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stay on subject. We’re comparing Dany to Jon. One dude proves he can collaborate and get things done with people he doesn’t like. He did it with Alister Thorne, Wildings, etc. That’s why he’s a leader. The other girl broils anyone alive who doesn’t get down or lay down. I fukks with Dany (pre burning of KL) but that’s who she is and that’s why she’s not a leader. What the story is trying to tell you is that Dany is an authoritarian leader which is fine as long as everyone loves you but horrific if they don’t whereas Jon is someone that’s modest, conciliatory, and honest. He wouldn’t be the best King since he wouldn’t like the political aspect of ruling but he’s a better choice than Dany.
Dany forgives a man who was sent to kill her and makes him her closest adviser

She forgives the man who sent the hitman after her and makes him an advisor

Forgives the brother of the man who killed her father and makes him her right hand

Forgave the man who killed her father himself

Forgave the offspring of the man who waged war on her father and took the throne when he died

Stop twisting yourself up to defend bad writing. You'd be able to cite more concrete examples of Dany being a villain had they just bothered to make any

Last edited:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
there was a line of people with problems... one of those people was an old man, who used to be a house nikka, who was upset he couldn't teach and read to the kids, and the young wild slaves was stealing his food.....

I wonder what the raped, beaten and field slaves was thinking :sas2:
:leostare: that doesn't change anything i said.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The more I think about it, the more I see that a) Dany ought to have had this inverse Jaime-like arc of descent into villainy and b) Dany's madness should have come from her sense of justice backfiring on her, like Ned and Rob's honour backfiring on them. The only time this has happened in the show is when she executes the Tarlys. Even then she was justified because the Tarlys are pledged to Olenna, thus Daenerys, not Cersei but still betrayed their oath. There's no royal army, seen here.

She executes the Tarlys pushing for justice. Tells Sam when she meets him. Sam snitches and unleashes Aegon to Jon. Jon snitches to Dany. Dany cracks some because she realises her destiny as the last and most significant heir of her legendary royal bloodline is for nought.

It's sad cos the show has had her justice backfire on her before. Season 1, she saves women from being raped. Tells Drogo who accepts it. The Dothraki guy who lost his girls to rape fights Drogo and gives him the cut which gets infected and eventually kills Drogo.

That would have been dope.

Because I love Dany's straightforward simple minded brand of justice. Like if they spent an episode showing missandei being held captive by cersei and given the walk of shame treatment where she is beaten and humiliated by the civilians before being executed.

I would have total accepted the descent into madness and massacre due to her justice. I'd have loved it.