OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i don't know the lore/prequel shyt, but i'd love to see the doom of valyria. the valyria they created in GOT was hauntingly beautiful

old-valyria-1431348739.gif

latest

Tyrion%2Band%2BDrogon.gif

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I
they are mad that the show didnt highlight how she felt about the stuff that was happening to her. Old GOT would have spent a whole season showing her becoming more and more annoyed with everything. They wanted to literary see he decent into madness, they also dont feel that she should of been so reckless about it, she looked like she was targeting everyone and she should have only went after the red keep and Cearsi.
Thanks, I agree. Was looking for clarification.

I thought her actions were stupid and made no sense from a writing standpoint too, in that moment. And that's what I was trying to say before it even happened.

If they showed her becoming increasingly distraught it would make sense. But I told people just because Dany lost shyt that doesn't justify her burning up a city of people now

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
People gonna call me a dikkrider but isn’t asking for a more satisfying/brutal death for Cersei basically asking for fan service? None of the big bads on the show besides Ramsay had a satisfyingly brutal death. If Jaime wasn’t going to kill her (he should have) then I don’t have any qualms with how she died.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Thanks, I agree. Was looking for clarification.

I thought her actions were stupid and made no sense from a writing standpoint too, in that moment. And that's what I was trying to say before it even happened.

If they showed her becoming increasingly distraught it would make sense. But I told people just because Dany lost shyt that doesn't justify her burning up a city of people now
Not only did they not let the descent cook and marinate like it deserved to, they completely butchered the shot gun approach they took. Just two minor changes like :
- having the people of KL cheer for Missandeis head like they did Neds in season one
- have Rhaegal get clipped while the bells are ringing

wouldve given the heel turn an entirely different feel and perspective.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
People gonna call me a dikkrider but isn’t asking for a more satisfying/brutal death for Cersei basically asking for fan service? None of the big bads on the show besides Ramsay had a satisfyingly brutal death. If Jaime wasn’t going to kill her (he should have) then I don’t have any qualms with how she died.
i loved joff's death, he was such a grandstanding bytch ass who loved humiliating people in front of others, so for him to die in the public eye, choking, turning purple and vomiting, at his wedding no less, it was perfect

then walder frey...that was another perfect execution, being fed your own sons, throat slit like they did cat, then on top of that gathering his whole entire male offspring and killing them straight up ending house frey, perfection

edit: bytch ass ollie and allister thorne had satisfying deaths as well

the only other "true" big bads left are cersei and NK, they missed the boat on both of them for many fans. you can't have one night of winter with a surprise kill by arya followed by cersei dying tragic love story style within two episodes of each other. fan service or not, there comes a point where there has to be some satisfying payoff. then add in this mad queen turn that seems to have upset so many, they didn't handle any of this correctly

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
just because you CHOSE to watch a show for 7 seasons, that doesnt give you the right to "demand" a reshoot of any season because it didnt go the way you thought it should have.. you and all these idiots dont deserve shyt. Its one thing to say you would have like to see things go a different way, but to say you deserve and you demand a reshoot is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard..
Yall invested 0$ into making this show, they dont owe you a damn thing. You can talk to you are blue in the face about why you didnt like it, but you arent qualified to demand a billion dollar company to do a damn thing, especially when this episode that put yall over the edge was watched by more people than any other episode.. you would think if it was that bad people would have quit watching by now

I and anyone can demand and express our dissatisfaction with the show. I didn't read the rest of your post because it sound stupid shyt being repeated, your typical defend the trash product and trash company respond. But nikkas like you deserve be deported back to the time of slavery or to North Korea. You got the mind set of a submissive house nikka.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I and anyone can demand and express our dissatisfaction with the show. I didn't read the rest of your post because it sound stupid shyt being repeated, your typical defend the trash product and trash company respond. But nikkas like you deserve be deported back to the time of slavery or to North Korea. You got the mind set of a submissive house nikka.
you can express your dissatisfaction all you want but you are delusional if you think you have the power to make these dudes do anything, being dissatisfied is one thing but demanding a reshoot because you think you deserve a "better" season is the epitome of entitled. yall are way too invested into this shyt

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Yeah man I skipped through it:mjgrin:

I'm not going to write an essay about why that incident was caused by her lust for power. But it was. Your analysis is surface level
Then please give us yours. If her brother would have said cool, you got married, I love you sis, you’re the queen with drogo and I’ll be king of Westeros. We in this together. You saying her crazy gene would pop up and she’d come for his throne for power?

What should she have done? Said no, and asked he be locked up? Keep him around and forgive him. She was making that nikka clothes and asked he be spared damn near every episode and he was still smacking her up.

We have characters doing the same things in the same conditions. Sansa and the dogs come to mind. Is she mad. Lying and letting her aunt die to side with Peter. Almost killing Arya. Almost letting Jon die. Plotting against him and letting notherners talk shyt. Is she mad. Power thirsty. Was rob mad when he killed lord karstark when others said lock him up. Was jon mad when he killed......

Y’all know the replies. Just stop. Y’all know the world ain’t crazy and everybody from the book readers to show watchers to fanboys to critics to actors to directors to the goddamn writer of the books, ain’t all making this shyt up. This shyt is bad bro. Rank the seasons and I know damn well you wouldn’t even put this in the top 5, maybe 6. And this is the last goddamn season bro.

I don’t know what y’all are seeing. I don’t know why we keep trying to convince you. But I really gotta be done arguing. This did not go out on top to me. And prior to episode 2 of this season, I just knew it would. I take no pleasure in having my favorite show end up like this. I am truly mad. Camron finger point and all that

Last edited:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
i loved joff's death, he was such a grandstanding bytch ass who loved humiliating people in front of others, so for him to die in the public eye, choking, turning purple and vomiting, at his wedding no less, it was perfect

then walder frey...that was another perfect execution, being fed your own sons, throat slit like they did cat, then on top of that gathering his whole entire male offspring and killing them straight up ending house frey, perfection

edit: bytch ass ollie and allister thorne had satisfying deaths as well

the only other "true" big bads left are cersei and NK, they missed the boat on both of them for many fans. you can't have one night of winter with a surprise kill by arya followed by cersei dying tragic love story style within two episodes of each other. fan service or not, there comes a point where there has to be some satisfying payoff. then add in this mad queen turn that seems to have upset so many, they didn't handle any of this correctly
Cersei has been reduced to being the big bad since the start of season 7 but throughout the series she’s been way more than just that. She’s been one of the main characters since the start of the story. There is a complexity to her character that doesn’t exist for Joffrey and Ramsay. Her story is just as much about her relationship with her siblings (specifically Jaime) and children so her dying with Jaime is fitting at the very least.

In the context of the story, Ollie and Alliser Thorne had to die that way. There’s no way Jon couldn’t have killed them for betraying their lord commander.

The Joffrey death was pretty divsive if I remember correctly. A lot of people were hoping he died in a more vicious way at the hands of someone he tormented. You can make an argument that Cersei dying with her castle crashing down upon her was just as poetic.

Walder Frey was fan service done right. Though Arya killing the entirety of House Frey was when her character began to have annoy me.

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
breh...this thread was full of people saying she would be justified in burning down KL and that she should

Hell, I even joked that she should after the missandei shyt.

I made a post explicitly stating that she has no justification if she burns down KL and a bunch of nikkas argued me.
Breh I was probably one of those people:russ: but to be honest after episode 4 I already had mentally checked out the series. But I think most of us complaining just think the mad queen shyt was executed terribly.

It’s like they got GRRM’s ending at the beginning of the series then before season 8 episode 4 was like “oh shyt Dany is supposed to go crazy “:mjlol:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Breh I was probably one of those people:russ: but to be honest after episode 4 I already had mentally checked out the series. But I think most of us complaining just think the mad queen shyt was executed terribly.

It’s like they got GRRM’s ending at the beginning of the series then before season 8 episode 4 was like “oh shyt Dany is supposed to go crazy “:mjlol:

This is a great video on it. They basically wrote her into a box because the ending demanded it where she's placed in no-win situations of being punished for listening to Tyrion (all his advice has gone to shyt and has caused her to lose things she cares about) and punished for not listening to him (signs of her madness, even though she's purposefully surrounded herself with moderating advisors).