OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
What's crazy to me is it's now plainly obvious Benioff and Weiss rushed the fukk out of season 8 but in interviews before it started they were saying how they hope it's mentioned alongside the best series finales of all time.

Either they were trolling on an unprecedented level or completely divorced from reality. I can't think of a third option. I honestly can't fathom them writing this season and thinking "yeah, this shyt is hot....GOAT status incoming."

Fred.
They probably filmed those interviews fresh off a grueling 55 day shoot where they thought they were filming the greatest battle of all time. Plus they had just signed on for star wars and know they are in huge demand. This article is recent but you can bet these talks have been ongoing for awhile.

Deadline hears David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have six studios waiting on a cliffhanger over what they do next. Those companies are vying to be the place where the duo next creates, writes, directs and produces film and television projects going forward.

Deadline hears that Benioff and Weiss have met with six big media companies that want the duo to sign an overall global deal with them for film, TV and streaming projects. They’ve met with HBO/WarnerMedia, Disney, Comcast, as well as the streaming companies Netflix, Amazon and Apple.

‘Game Of Thrones’ Creators David Benioff & Dan Weiss Shop Global Overall Deal – Deadline

They have six studios on their nuts. Speculation that they are going to sign a long term deal well over $100 million. I wouldn't be surprised if it matches the $300 million Ryan Murphy got with Netlix.

At this point, they may very well be somewhat detached from reality. They keep increasing viewership no matter, and they won a fukking emmy for writing the episode with this

I'm sure they are feeling themselves. And tbh, I probably would be too.

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I
question, what happened to those who were saying, before the KL Burning, that Dany's losses make her justified if she wants to go burn KL? And that she should and it would make sense

Is she justified and should have done it, but you just dont think the characters should look at her as mad? Or Do you fall on the side of there was nothing to turn her character into a monster, despite those losses?

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
just because you CHOSE to watch a show for 7 seasons, that doesnt give you the right to "demand" a reshoot of any season because it didnt go the way you thought it should have.. you and all these idiots dont deserve shyt. Its one thing to say you would have like to see things go a different way, but to say you deserve and you demand a reshoot is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard..
Yall invested 0$ into making this show, they dont owe you a damn thing. You can talk to you are blue in the face about why you didnt like it, but you arent qualified to demand a billion dollar company to do a damn thing, especially when this episode that put yall over the edge was watched by more people than any other episode.. you would think if it was that bad people would have quit watching by now
:russell:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
The only weak seasons in my opinion was Season 8. Season 7 had some questionable episodes, but nothing like the half assed shyt we are seeing this season.

If these bozos tried their best, I would understand. I'd be like they gave it their best shot, it just didn't work out....cool. But when you know they half assed it, it stings. :to:
Season 7 was pretty damn trash imo. The two main plots were too dumb to believe.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Kings and Queens are pretty much authoritarian by definition. You can't be soft and rule. Ned, Robb, Jon all dealt with people harshly when they needed to. Why is Dany any different? She's shown just as much compassion as anyone else. Jon set up Janos Slynt so he could execute him and set an example to everyone else. You can't always be talking out your problems/issues when your the King/Queen.

And honestly I think they would both be sh*tty rulers, which is kind of the point.

Not necessary. Obviously a King has absolute power but you can be a King without being tyrannical or draconian. Which is what they’re setting up Dany to be. King Jaehaerys, Daeron, Aegon V, Aenys (a bit weak) and Baelor (a bit crazy) were good dudes. Ned, Robb and Jon never wanted to rule. Ned never wanted Brandon’s spot and the people had to choose Robb and Jon to be King. Dany’s MO is to be Queen. Dany has been compassionate but she’s done things that I couldn’t imagine Ned, Robb and Jon doing either. I noticed Dany’s switch up around the time she got Meereen. She went from being a scared little girl to being a hardened ruler. Shorty was telling Tyrion, Varys, all the Meereenese nobles and all them cats she came across that maybe she should just kill them and be done with it :picard: at the time I thought she just turned into a gangster but they were setting her up for the switch up.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Nothing will happen but I wonder if this affects the spinoffs

HBO delusional if they think people are going to give a fukk about the "long night" prequel after how they handled the Others, and due to the fact that it won't have dragons unless they just say "fukk the lore."

The ONLY logical prequel ideas revolve around Targaryens, if you want ratings. You either do Aegon's Conquest or you do The Dance Of Dragons. GoT works for a lot of reasons but major ones boil down to...dragons and strong female characters. Dudes are going to watch a fantasy show. Getting a shyt ton of women to watch the show is what took it to another level. Not to mention the fact that there really is no "nerd shine" on it...it's mainstream, normal ass dudes and chicks be watching this shyt.

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
question, what happened to those who were saying, before the KL Burning, that Dany's losses make her justified if she wants to go burn KL? And that she should and it would make sense

Is she justified and should have done it, but you just dont think the characters should look at her as mad? Or Do you fall on the side of there was nothing to turn her character into a monster, despite those losses?
I think most of us said she would be justified in burning down the red keep with Cersei in it and end the war right then and there. Nobody ever said go block to block and kill everybody.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
HBO delusional if they think people are going to give a fukk about the "long night" prequel after how they handled the Others, and due to the fact that it won't have dragons unless they just say "fukk the lore."

The ONLY logical prequel ideas revolve around Targaryens, if you want ratings. You either do Aegon's Conquest or you do The Dance Of Dragons. GoT works for a lot of reasons but major ones boil down to...dragons and strong female characters. Dudes are going to watch a fantasy show. Getting a shyt ton of women to watch the show is what took it to another level. Not to mention the fact that there really is no "nerd shine" on it...it's mainstream, normal ass dudes and chicks be watching this shyt.

I want anything from Fire and Blood, especially Dance of Dragons, BUT...

I do wonder if HBO might be less inclined to approve a pitch/script that deals with so many Targaryen names. It sounds trivial but insiders warn against having too many similar sounding names if you want to appeal to a casual audience because they can get lost fast. It's why in GoT they changed Asha to Yara, because they thought it was too similar to Osha.

They lucked out with Danaerys in GoT because it could be shortened to Dany, plus half of viewers still call her Khaleesi.

I think they might be :patrice:with a cast full of Aegons, Aemons, Rhaneys, Rhaneryas, etc, especially since the Targs repeated names a lot. Most show only watchers I interact with couldn't tell me the difference between Aerys, Viserys, and Rhaegar.

I'm still holding out hope that they reverse course on The Long Night and go in on the political fukkery of the 300-year Tagaryen reign.

Last edited:

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I
I think most of us said she would be justified in burning down the red keep with Cersei in it and end the war right then and there. Nobody ever said go block to block and kill everybody.
breh...this thread was full of people saying she would be justified in burning down KL and that she should

Hell, I even joked that she should after the missandei shyt.

I made a post explicitly stating that she has no justification if she burns down KL and a bunch of nikkas argued me.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps

they are mad that the show didnt highlight how she felt about the stuff that was happening to her. Old GOT would have spent a whole season showing her becoming more and more annoyed with everything. They wanted to literary see he decent into madness, they also dont feel that she should of been so reckless about it, she looked like she was targeting everyone and she should have only went after the red keep and Cearsi.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I want anything from Fire and Blood, especially Dance of Dragons, BUT...

I do wonder if HBO might be less inclined to approve a pitch/script that deals with so many Targaryen names. It sounds trivial but insiders warn against having too many similar sounding names if you want to appeal to a casual audience because they can get lost fast. It's why in GoT they changed Asha to Yara, because they thought it was too similar to Osha.

They lucked out with Danaerys in GoT because it could be shortened to Dany, plus half of viewers still call her Khaleesi.

I think they might be :patrice:with a cast full of Aegons, Aemons, Rhaneys, Rhaneryas, etc, especially since the Targs repeated names a lot. Most show only watchers I interact with couldn't tell me the difference between Aerys, Viserys, and Rhaegar.

I'm still holding out hope that they reverse course on The Long Night and go in on the political fukkery of the 300-year Tagaryen rein.

I'd expect them to change a lot of names, but keep some of the principle ones in place like Aegon, Aemon, and Rhaneys.

The Long Night gives them the ability to make a bunch of shyt up and create twists, whereas they already did an animated short of the Dance Of Dragons (on the blu ray for a previous season) so some people will already know about the major plot points/shock moments (Blood & Cheese, for instance). It'll be interesting. I don't think anything they do will capture audiences like GoT though.

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
Some of y’all are fed shyt being told it’s steaks and just like ok tastes good.:ehh: Like this Varys shyt, what has Dany done in season 8 to make him start plotting? :mindblown: She looks sad at a party in winterfell? :heh: But she burns down kings Landing because reasons. Now just like Sansa Varys was right and smart.:dead:

Varys in season 5: “The Seven Kingdoms need someone stronger than Tommen but gentler than Stannis. A monarch who could intimidate the High Lords and inspire the people. A ruler loved by millions, with a powerful army, and the right family name....Who said anything about a him?"