OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I just want to say, randomly, that as a loyal book reader who quit watching the showing after the 2nd season, I saw this shyt coming a mile away. These guys never could not handle GRRM's complex story and characters and after season two, it basically became glorified fan fiction. I so happy I didn't get invested in this shyt show. But it is very entertaining and satisfying to see the bullshyt they were trying to pull get lambasted by fans and the actors alike. I wonder what GRRM thinks or if he supports everything done or if he even cares any more. I'm still rather salty at him for just not finishing a series. It doesn't seem like it will really ever be finished and that's sad.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Dany would’ve crucified all the Wildlings and Thenns for their crimes against the farmers they killed and cats would say it was justified :pachaha: Of course they’d deserve it but the point is Jon would’ve worked with them as we saw in the story whereas Dany would’ve been setting off them fireworks :whoo:

People in the north executed Wildlings on sight, what are you talking about? The ONLY reason Jon "worked" with the Wildlings is because he knew they had bigger problems.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
full

Did she not crucify random masters?
Ain't Hizdar say his dad was against that shyt?
Ain't some people like to be slaves?
Ain't they kill Hizdar in the end?

Yaw keep harping on:bryan: bu, bu, but they're slave masters.

But clearly some of them were only "masters" in name.
:dahell:

:mjpls:

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
People in the north executed Wildlings on sight, what are you talking about? The ONLY reason Jon "worked" with the Wildlings is because he knew they had bigger problems.

Stay on subject. We’re comparing Dany to Jon. One dude proves he can collaborate and get things done with people he doesn’t like. He did it with Alister Thorne, Wildings, etc. That’s why he’s a leader. The other girl broils anyone alive who doesn’t get down or lay down. I fukks with Dany (pre burning of KL) but that’s who she is and that’s why she’s not a leader. What the story is trying to tell you is that Dany is an authoritarian leader which is fine as long as everyone loves you but horrific if they don’t whereas Jon is someone that’s modest, conciliatory, and honest. He wouldn’t be the best King since he wouldn’t like the political aspect of ruling but he’s a better choice than Dany.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What's crazy to me is it's now plainly obvious Benioff and Weiss rushed the fukk out of season 8 but in interviews before it started they were saying how they hope it's mentioned alongside the best series finales of all time.

Either they were trolling on an unprecedented level or completely divorced from reality. I can't think of a third option. I honestly can't fathom them writing this season and thinking "yeah, this shyt is hot....GOAT status incoming."

Fred.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Nothing will happen but I wonder if this affects the spinoffs

All 500,000 of them people are entitled as fukk, they need to log off the internet for a few months and need to consider maybe just maybe they should just stop watching and talking about the show.

These people care way too much about this shyt and think way too highly of their own opinions. no matter how much they think they have the popular opinion, they dont. HBO D&D or anyone involved with the show really gives a fukk about what they think.. Relax watch the show, or dont and keep it moving, HBO had 18 million viewers last episodes, you think they about to waste their time trying to cater to such a small portion of their audience because they "deserve" a better show? :camby: wtf are these a$$holes? if the show was so bad then why are more people than ever tuning in? Bad shows dont see an increase in ratings as the season continues. How about these people put their energy into, i dont know, writing their own damn show, since they already have 500k people that are interested

#vocalminorety #entitled #getalife #itsnotthatserious

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
All 500,000 of them people are entitled as fukk, they need to log off the internet for a few months and need to consider maybe just maybe they should just stop watching and talking about the show.

These people care way too much about this shyt and think way too highly of their own opinions. no matter how much they think they have the popular opinion, they dont. HBO D&D or anyone involved with the show really gives a fukk about what they think.. Relax watch the show, or dont and keep it moving, HBO had 18 million viewers last episodes, you think they about to waste their time trying to cater to such a small portion of their audience because they "deserve" a better show? :camby: wtf are these a$$holes? if the show was so bad then why are more people than ever tuning in? Bad shows dont see an increase in ratings as the season continues. How about these people put their energy into, i dont know, writing their own damn show, since they already have 500k people that are interested

#vocalminorety #entitled #getalife #itsnotthatserious

It's a television show that people invested 7 seasons into. Use some common sense and realize that people are still continue to watch despite being upset to see the ending. Question: are you dumb or being obtuse of this? Was your question an honest question?

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Stay on subject. We’re comparing Dany to Jon. One dude proves he can collaborate and get things done with people he doesn’t like. He did it with Alister Thorne, Wildings, etc. That’s why he’s a leader. The other girl broils anyone alive who doesn’t get down or lay down. I fukks with Dany (pre burning of KL) but that’s who she is and that’s why she’s not a leader. What the story is trying to tell you is that Dany is an authoritarian leader which is fine as long as everyone loves you but horrific if they don’t whereas Jon is someone that’s modest, conciliatory, and honest. He wouldn’t be the best King since he wouldn’t like the political aspect of ruling but he’s a better choice than Dany.

Kings and Queens are pretty much authoritarian by definition. You can't be soft and rule. Ned, Robb, Jon all dealt with people harshly when they needed to. Why is Dany any different? She's shown just as much compassion as anyone else. Jon set up Janos Slynt so he could execute him and set an example to everyone else. You can't always be talking out your problems/issues when your the King/Queen.

And honestly I think they would both be sh*tty rulers, which is kind of the point.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
The only weak seasons in my opinion was Season 8. Season 7 had some questionable episodes, but nothing like the half assed shyt we are seeing this season.

If these bozos tried their best, I would understand. I'd be like they gave it their best shot, it just didn't work out....cool. But when you know they half assed it, it stings. :to:
Disagree here.

Going beyond the wall to catch a whitewalker to show Cersei is worse than anything done in season 8. The 'time travel/teleporting' is worse than any jumps in time in season 8 (and more glaring because it was first time they did it so egregiously).

But the worst thing about season 7 and what ruined the best part of show for me is what they did to Littlefinger. The whole Sansa-Arya-Littlefinger triangle was straight out of a soap opera and unbelievably see-through. But there was no outcry about turning Littlefinger into a clown because 'good guys' Arya/Sansa won so people were happy. The whole show was about the power struggle and scheming and Littlefinger goes out like that? :gucci:

So that's why I stand by my thinking that so many people are up in arms because their favorite character is taking a loss, combined with other major story lines having to come to a conclusion which didn't fit people's pre-conceived theories (Night King, etc.). Now of course season 8 is still in no way perfect but not due to bad writing (certainly not worse than season 7) but due to too few episodes to develop the arc (but at least it was set up as best as possible in the time they had).

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
It's a television show that people invested 7 seasons into. Use some common sense and realize that people are still continue to watch despite being upset to see the ending. Question: are you dumb or being obtuse of this? Was your question an honest question?
just because you CHOSE to watch a show for 7 seasons, that doesnt give you the right to "demand" a reshoot of any season because it didnt go the way you thought it should have.. you and all these idiots dont deserve shyt. Its one thing to say you would have like to see things go a different way, but to say you deserve and you demand a reshoot is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard..
Yall invested 0$ into making this show, they dont owe you a damn thing. You can talk to you are blue in the face about why you didnt like it, but you arent qualified to demand a billion dollar company to do a damn thing, especially when this episode that put yall over the edge was watched by more people than any other episode.. you would think if it was that bad people would have quit watching by now