OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Jon does not murder people he does not like.
I'm gonna take a page out of y'alls troll book with this one:mjlit:
What was Jon's justification for leaving the Night's Watch? He died, so his watch has ended right? What did he make sure to do right before he dipped? He made sure to get revenge. If his watch ended when he died, technically he has no authority over the watch when he's resurrected, correct?:jbhmm:It's also not like he takes a day to think about leaving the watch, he hangs the men and walks out immediately after, meaning this was all premeditated. Jon wanted to make sure he killed those nikkas before he left:mjlit:

Or how about this one: y'all nikkas were clutching your pearl's about Dany burning the Tarlys, right? They were beaten. They could have been taken prisoner or been sent to the Night's Watch, right? What did Jon do to Ramsey Bolton?:jbhmm:He was surrounded and beaten. Jon was literally about to beat him to death with his bare hands but he saw his sister and calmed down. Now that's a king right chea:mjgrin:Except next thing we know, the episode ends with Ramsey literally being eaten alive by dogs. Before the obvious deflection, Jon is the King of the North so whatever happens to Ramsey he is aware of it and gives the ok. So your honorable, totally sane, King gave the thumbs up to have a prisoner eaten alive by dogs. If being burned to death is torture, what Jon did deserves to be rapped about by Method man in the beginning of a classic Wu track:mjlit:

Now here's the thing: us normal folk completely understand and rock with both of those decisions. We ain't out here claiming Jon is losing his shyt. Meanwhile y'all are prescribing Dany lithium because she didn't have tears in her eyes when she told Sam (a complete stranger) that she killed his family members:mjlol:

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
full

Did she not crucify random masters?
Ain't Hizdar say his dad was against that shyt?
Ain't some people like to be slaves?
Ain't they kill Hizdar in the end?

Yaw keep harping on:bryan: bu, bu, but they're slave masters.

But clearly some of them were only "masters" in name.

Dany would’ve crucified all the Wildlings and Thenns for their crimes against the farmers they killed and cats would say it was justified :pachaha: Of course they’d deserve it but the point is Jon would’ve worked with them as we saw in the story whereas Dany would’ve been setting off them fireworks :whoo:

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
The more I think about it, the more I see that a) Dany ought to have had this inverse Jaime-like arc of descent into villainy and b) Dany's madness should have come from her sense of justice backfiring on her, like Ned and Rob's honour backfiring on them. The only time this has happened in the show is when she executes the Tarlys. Even then she was justified because the Tarlys are pledged to Olenna, thus Daenerys, not Cersei but still betrayed their oath. There's no royal army, seen here.

She executes the Tarlys pushing for justice. Tells Sam when she meets him. Sam snitches and unleashes Aegon to Jon. Jon snitches to Dany. Dany cracks some because she realises her destiny as the last and most significant heir of her legendary royal bloodline is for nought.

It's sad cos the show has had her justice backfire on her before. Season 1, she saves women from being raped. Tells Drogo who accepts it. The Dothraki guy who lost his girls to rape fights Drogo and gives him the cut which gets infected and eventually kills Drogo.

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
If Stannis doesn't come back on Sunday and take the Iron Throne I'll start a change.org petition and a GoFundMe for the season 8 rewrite:troll:

I named my first born 'Stannis Baratheon Lord of Dragonstone' during season 2, no one warned me he was going to do that to Shireen :damn:

Daps
season 5 was good outside the dorne shyt, arya makes it to braavos and starts training, dany setting shyt off in mereen + the first time we see drogon go off for real, tyrion & jorah, sansa & ramsay, cersei putting the battery in the back of the sparrows + escalating shyt with the tyrells, jon doing jon shyt + hardhome + being killed, stannis and his march north followed by shireen and being defeated by ramsay - season 5 was lit because there were still so many storylines, dorne was garbage but one bad storyline doesn't bring season 5 to meh for me
It wasn't necessarily the story lines but the way the episodes were executed for me. I just saw a drop off. You might not feel the same but that's okay.:yeshrug:
Dorne though.:mjlol:

Last edited:
Daps
The only weak seasons in my opinion was Season 8. Season 7 had some questionable episodes, but nothing like the half assed shyt we are seeing this season.

If these bozos tried their best, I would understand. I'd be like they gave it their best shot, it just didn't work out....cool. But when you know they half assed it, it stings. :to:
I wasn't feeling season 5 and 7.:yeshrug: Season 6 was great.

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
"[...] but he would see this country burn if he could be King of the ashes." season 3

Varys was right about Dany just like he was right about little finger :wow:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
You can tell who watches and who skips through it

Brother killed for HER power lust?

nikka threatened to kill her multiple times. Smacked her up. Put a sword to her pregnant belly. Tried to steal her dragon eggs. And then broke the law, brought another sword in the forbidden city, and threatened everybody up in there, including her.

Only after what? 7 weeks of show time, did she finally not object to her husband killing that nikka
Yeah man I skipped through it:mjgrin:

I'm not going to write an essay about why that incident was caused by her lust for power. But it was. Your analysis is surface level

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Season 7 was trash too. It’s just people we’re hopeful that season 8 would be better, and pull things together. Now, that we’re at the end people are calling rubbish what it is, rubbish. Season 7 had the most outlandish shyt that happened in the whole damn series: Dany teleporting north of the wall to save Jon on some Quantum Leap shyt. :martin:

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
Season 7 was trash too. It’s just people we’re hopeful that season 8 would be better, and pull things together. Now, that we’re at the end people are calling rubbish what it is, rubbish. Season 7 had the most outlandish shyt that happened in the whole damn series: Dany teleporting north of the wall to save Jon on some Quantum Leap shyt. :martin:
You’re right but a lot of us gave it a pass because we thought ok this is just set up for season 8. :mjcry:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I wasn't feeling season 5 and 7.:yeshrug: Season 6 was great.
season 7 suffered from pacing and not really pulling together storylines, but i guess i had a lot of forgiveness because they were still heading in a direction that made sense and i knew there was a season 8. but this season, shytty writing, they completely blew up characters (while also managing to underutilize them), terribly paced episodes, bad dialogue, just a shytshow.

excuse me while i go cry in the car :to: