OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
George is the last person that should be able to shyt on somebody. I prefer hearing everyone EXCEPT his opinion. They came to THIS nikka to do THIS show based on HIS books and HIS promise was that these books would've been done

I feel like if im writing a show and is told the books will be out by the time you get to season 6 and they were not out, and I had to create 2 more season off the top, I would be ready to quit too. It would have taken 2-3 more seasons to tie everything up the way people want and if they say they were ready to go then why did people expect them to stick around for 2-3 more years making up shyt off the top?

I used to get on complaining fans but I can no longer defend this shyt :hubie:

The overall quality of the show fell off a cliff. I think the reason why they rushed it into 6 episodes is because D&D ran out of ideas and just want to wrap this up. They had to take 2 years off to even do these 6 episodes. These characters all lived in GRRM's head...he visions an entire world. These brehs trying to fill in the gaps but it's probably much harder for them. The shyt inevitably becomes too Hollywood rather than the unconventional narrative GRRM was weaving. They're hitting us with mad action in a row to distract us from the writing and plot. So now we lurch from a zombie apocalypse to the battle of Stalingrad at breakneck speed. :beli:

I think this is true, thats why im not all upset, I think they are doing a good job all things considered. alot of this outrage should be directed at GRRM but whatever.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Litterally no one did this...

You stans reading comprehension is on the same level of D&D creative writing skills...

The complaints about ghost were centered around piss poor CG and the lack interaction between him and Jon...He was half the size he was in previous seasons and for some reason Jon can't be in the same scene as him even in a fukking farewell scene...

Notice how nobody complained about Arya and Nymeria because Nymeria wasn't discarded as irrelevant like ghost was...
I’ve seen plenty of people ask why Jon is abandoning Ghost and not taking him. Just because you didn’t doesn’t mean “literally no one did”. People wouldn’t even be complaining as much if Ghost wasn’t in this season since he didn’t have one scene last season. The Direwolves are not as important on the show as they are in the books, it’s that simple. The Ghost shyt is a minor complaint and acting like it’s the biggest travesty of the season is idiotic.

Y’all sound dumb calling anyone that doesn’t see red with every single scene in the show a stan. I’ve criticized this season far more than I praised it.

Last edited:

Burned Verses

Superstar
Daps
Were Missandei and Dany really best friends? I can’t remember the last time they’ve had a heart to heart conversation.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
could still be (Jon) Snow on the throne

in that vision, she almost touches the throne, but then turns away. then she goes north of the wall, and sees Drogo and her unborn son. seems to say she won't sit on the throne, and will join the dead...
I think hes talking about end of season 7, where it was actually physically snowing in kings landing when Jaime was leaving..

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I feel like if im writing a show and is told the books will be out by the time you get to season 6 and they were not out, and I had to create 2 more season off the top, I would be ready to quit too. It would have taken 2-3 more seasons to tie everything up the way people want and if they say they were ready to go then why did people expect them to stick around for 2-3 more years making up shyt off the top?

I think this is true, thats why im not all upset, I think they are doing a good job all things considered. alot of this outrage should be directed at GRRM but whatever.
I got the same thoughts. I know theyve shown the ability to write and direct when they were only focus on GoT, but for what extents? They probably had so many written details saved that they could live for S5 (which was heavily influenced by the fifth book I believe) and 6, but it couldnt take them the distance. I think they could do better than some of the shyt ive seen, but they were only meant to be a vessel for GRRM. shyt like the NK and creating the occasional non book minority character was supposed to be the extents of their "contributions".

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I think hes talking about end of season 7, where it was actually physically snowing in kings landing when Jaime was leaving..
turns out that was just a flurry :troll:

all this talk of "winter" in the story is confusing. the White Walkers hadn't been seen in 1000's of years, but there were recent winters that lasted several years

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
D&D are gonna have to address this season once it’s over. I’m anticipating their bullshyt rationalizations to justify what we got. Guarantee they place blame elsewhere.
They'll give the generic "sorry we couldn't make everyone happy" PR quotes, but they're not gonna delve into anything of value for a while.

The stories that come out will be from other sources once the series is officially over and they can speak on it.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
even in an ideal fantasy sense, Dany probably wouldve flew over every city in Essos to make sure them nikkas were food. Hell they wouldve been in her territory anyway.

Lol yep. Jamie shoulda just died in the dingy, in Cersei's arms (his wish fulfilled.) Then Cersei and a deceased Jamie proceed to get lit up by Dany.:pachaha:

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Ya'll really still equating killing a$$holes who deserved to die with the biggest mass murder (of civilians) in the known history of this fictional universe? And we're the ones making leaps and ignoring information?:russ:

We all know there was foreshadowing she was crazy, shyt we all knew she might go crazy at some point, no one is disputing this as a plot point. shyt GRRM prolly did tell the writers this is how she ends up.

We are bytching about how rushed and poorly executed it was, not the fact it exists as a plot device. Killing slave owners the same way they killed CHILDREN is not the fukkin same as laying waste to literal babies after you already won a war as you literally just ignore the person you're actually upset with and kill regular people just trying to survive :russ:

She has a crazy family...ok? So if that's enough for her to do anything crazy as a plot device, then the writers could have her do literally ANYTHING and you guys could say "well she's crazy" "she's crazy" is not an excuse to do whatever illogical shyt you want to do for shock value. You could use "well she went crazy" as an excuse to write literally anything you want, doesn't mean it's not bad writing.
Almost everyone she killed before this was on BEHALF of innocent civilians :russ:

Who did she kill as a display of power and revenge before this for no reason other than to get her rocks off for revenge? There was a sound motivation and arguable justification for pretty much everyone who died at her hands before this.

So stop saying we ignored foreshadowing, or don't know shyt cause we didn't like this episode. We are not saying we didn't like it because Dany ended up mad, we are saying we don't like the pacing and writing involved in getting her to this state. Why? because it is TRASH. The fact of the matter is this is all because the show is truncated and it needed more time to flesh out.

I stepped on an ant on purpose once because it was in my way, and yelled at a guy in traffic I would kill him during rush hour. My little brother is an a$$hole too. So I guess no one should be surprised if I run over 30 people on a sidewalk one day right? Or is that a huge leap in my behavior? :ohhh: