OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I don't think he can see the future
Its been implied multiple times he can see the future, just not as clear as he can see the past

Like he sees fragments of the future but it might not be coherent or know the actual time frame

Example he visioned a dragon flyer over kings landing all the way back in season 4. They did the same shot view for view last episode.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Its been implied multiple times he can see the future, just not as clear as he can see the past

Like he sees fragments of the future but it might not be coherent or know the actual time frame

Example he visioned a dragon flyer over kings landing all the way back in season 4. They did the same shot view for view last episode.

He also knew Jaime was coming to Winterfell and sat there waiting for his arrival.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
dont understand the obsession of "this is actually good writing" squad yal sound weird as fukk
That D&D payroll got nikkas in here like

full

:wow:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
He also knew Jaime was coming to Winterfell and sat there waiting for his arrival.
well with that he could have seen Jamie heading for Winterfell in the present

but yeah, having this omniscient character creates dilemmas. he definitely chooses to keep stuff to himself. he told Jamie that. also he needed Sam to point him in the right direction to now about the R+L wedding

in the story there's a few of these visions of the future, but they tend to be vague and/or open for interpretation

but I'm probably trying to make sense of a contrived plot-device :manny:

kinda better in the books, where he sees shyt through the weirwoods

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

:jbhmm:I DO REMEMBER IT SNOWING IN KINGS LANDING THOUGH.

could still be (Jon) Snow on the throne

in that vision, she almost touches the throne, but then turns away. then she goes north of the wall, and sees Drogo and her unborn son. seems to say she won't sit on the throne, and will join the dead...

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Most of this is nonsense. Dany has listened to her advisers time and again even when it goes against her own wishes. Who did she murder that she didn't like? She took on Varys as an adviser despite knowing he once hired someone to kill her. Dany has not indiscriminately killed anyone. I don't think you know what that word really means.:patrice: Dany locked up her dragons, one of the few times she went against the advice of her advisers after they killed one innocent child.

Dude she stole the Unsullied from. She burned dude when just imprisoning him would’ve been enough. She executed the Meerenese kid when imprisoning would’ve been enough. The Slave masters she put up on crosses. It was like 4 miles of nikkas up on crosses. Now they did do that to slaves so at the time it was justified as revenge but does Sansa do that? Does Margery do that? Does Cat do that? Y’all problem is Dany never acted sadistically towards completely innocent people so you looked past this broad putting 200 people up to be crucified. That’s not normal behavior. There’s foreshadowing there that EVENTUALLY the murder game she was putting down would turn from hurting bad people to hurting everybody period and REGARDLESS of what y’all think, that’s GRRM’s game plan for her character arc as he gave the writers everybody’s ending. The ink is dry. She’s crazy. GET OVER IT :dame:

I’m done replying to y’all dudes. Y’all ignore like 70% of her character background and just posting nonsense. Incest all over her family. Evil brother. Evil dad. Slightly out there older brother. God complex. Horrible upbringing. Fire and blood, quick to murk people who get out of line. Hated and rejected as Queen. And y’all asking why she went mad. Dumb shyt. Please stop quoting me and just go back to bytching.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't even like Dany like that but almost all of this is bullshyt:gucci:

What signs has she shown of being mad? Not angry mad, but insane?

:bryan:

Her entire season 7 and 8 plotline has been about her listening to her advisers. Even when they give out the DUMBEST advice that no other leader in the series would have followed, including Ned Stark. And you have the nerve to say people aren't paying attention:wow:

Jon was born thinking he was a b*stard, hiding in the shadows of a woman who thinks he will steal her childrens birthright. Dany was born believing she will one day return home to take what was stolen from her family by a usurper. Their upbringing inform their ideas about power, NOT their blood or genes.

Dany spared the man that stabbed her father in the back from execution, a man she literally heard bedtime stories about and has wanted to kill since she could talk.

That's not how this works:mjlol:

When was this demonstrated in the series?

The problem isn't that she goes batshyt, it's that her descent from wanting to save innocents to systematically wanting to kill innocents was executed like dog shyt over 2 episodes.

When (if) GRRM brings the story to its conclusion, and it has Dany going mad, it won't be because some wildlings toasted Jon over her at a feast, or because Varys and Tyrion inexplicably start clutching their pearls over the idea of her engaging in a standard siege. No one thought it was abnormal or evil when Robb was on his way to attack Casterly Rock, or when Stannis attacked KL, or even when the Unsullied attacked Casterly Rock. But now, all of a sudden, Tyrion and Varys are so up in arms about a standard run of the mill attack that they keep suggesting the dumbest reasons for her not to attack. That kind of plot contrivance won't be in his story. The progression will make sense and not be built on fraudulent foundation.

I’m not seriously responding to this. There were hella signs and you ignored it. I’m typing the same shyt over and over again to multiple posters. The fact you disregarding her parents being brother and sister, that 2 out of 5 of her closest family members were crazy, with Rhaegar also possibly suffering from delusions, all of the times she burned nikkas to a crisp and her super fukked up childhood and life compared to Jon makes me not take you seriously and is a sign you’re disregarding extremely important information in regards to her character arc. It’s a waste of time. Stop reading the books and/or watching the show :yeshrug:

Last edited: