OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Ladies and Gentlemen. IT HAS FINALLY HAPPENED

GRRM shytS ON THE FINAL SEASON.... Cypher complete. Now who gonna argue??

https://www.unilad.co.uk/film-and-tv/george-rr-martin-a-little-sad-with-what-hbo-have-done-to-game-of-thrones/

Martin himself has spoken wistfully about his mixed feelings towards the show in an interview with Rolling Stone, stating:

Of course you have an emotional reaction. I mean, would I prefer they do it exactly the way I did it? Sure. […]

It can also be traumatic. Because sometimes their creative vision and your creative vision don’t match, and you get the famous creative differences thing — that leads to a lot of conflict.

You get totally extraneous things like the studio or the network weighing in, and they have some particular thing that has nothing to do with story, but relates to ‘Well this character has a very high Q Rating so let’s give him a lot more stuff to do’.

He added:
The series has been… not completely faithful. Otherwise, it would have to run another five seasons

Breh literally said they in the writers room, making bullshyt happen, cause of popularity of characters (plot armor) and Q ratings
George is the last person that should be able to shyt on somebody. I prefer hearing everyone EXCEPT his opinion. They came to THIS nikka to do THIS show based on HIS books and HIS promise was that these books would've been done

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Jon has history of mental illness in his inbred family, had(up to that point) the love of his life die in his arms, was literally killed by his sworn brothers, saw someone he thought was his little brother die just moments before he could save him, etc. He didn't crack. Maester Aemon never cracked, Rhaegar never cracked. Dany had all of these things happen to her yet was chilling on Dragonstone doing nothing, agreed to Tyrion's proposal about the bells, and proceeded to very accurately attack just the opposing force during battle. Having just accomplished what she set out to do after all this time, the battle won and the Iron Throne just waiting for her to sit on, she "goes mad" and does the one thing her character development through seven seasons has told us she wouldn't do. But you want to ask us what's unbelievable here?:comeon:

"Bu-bu-bu but she said she'll take what's hers with fire and blood:mjgrin:"
Yeah, and that's exactly what she's done since the beginning without killing an innocent soul:comeon:

"Bu-bu-bu- but she watched her brother murdered and kept a straight face:mjgrin:"
Stannis watched his daughter burned at the stake(on his orders) with a straight face even as she pleaded for her life. He looked at his wife's lifeless corpse swinging from a tree as a direct result of his actions with a straight face.
Jon hung a child with a straight face. His first action as Lord Commander was beheading a dude for insubordination. Dude cried for mercy, Jon stared at him and took his head off anyway. Arya baked human beings into pies and watched someone eat them, with a straight face.
Cersei ordered innocent children murdered, blew up a sept full of people, etc all with a straight face.:comeon:
"Well, she makes mean faces and can be unpleasant:mjgrin:"
We're done here:comeon:

Which character in this show would you give three dragons to and expect to go around fighting for the common folk while putting their own personal ambitions/self interests on the back burner, btw?:jbhmm:

Tell me how the "Master of Whispers" who knew all about Dany's movements on another continent decided she was the one he was going to follow. He knows how she got to where she's gotten, how she has the armies she has, how she managed to take over these cities, yet somehow he sees something after the fact that suddenly makes him think she's so unfit he's not only willing to commit treason, he also has a child attempting to poison her? What is different about the Dany post-Varys as opposed to the one pre-Varys? This is the same Dany that knows you had a hand in her attempted murder and knows Tyrion is the son and sibling of her enemies, yet takes both of them into her counsel. Which one of the Westerosi lords is doing the same?

I also love the cliche/lazy use of a random character declaration to set ground rules and thus establish something as fact. They substitute fleshing out this supposed descent into madness by merely repeating the shyt about the God's flipping a coin when a Targaryen is born. Varys said it so it must be true:manny: shyt is exactly like
Banner essentially establishing the rules of time travel in a couple seconds for the sake of plot
Dany going the Mad Queen route has always been one of the lazier, yet more probable fan theories in my opinion. Her dad was crazy so she'll be crazy too always sounded dumb as hell. But I was always cool with it happening because it'd be epic if done right. The fact that we're getting this lazy theory happening and it's being executed so poorly just makes it twice as bad.
GOATBARTH
:wow:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
George is the last person that should be able to shyt on somebody. I prefer hearing everyone EXCEPT his opinion. They came to THIS nikka to do THIS show based on HIS books and HIS promise was that these books would've been done
We saw what they could do upon passing the books when their heart was in it. Parts of season 5 and of course season 6 were past the books, the dialogue/certain characters weren't as perfect, but they still produced quality TV. So yes, it would've been nice for them to have the books, but they are by far the bigger culprits for wanting to walk away and doing so in a half assed manner. It they were over it, as I've said multiple times, let HBO replace you. Dudes woulda still been cashing out on exec producer credits and invited to whatever award shows.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It’s incredible how little impact these houses has in comparison to the books. I get that you can’t get bogged down and get into the weeds when you dealing with episodes as opposed to books, but the show for the last 2 seasons has had us sit through some pretty painfully boring and useless dialogue.

Even more so when you think about how Jon and the army had to march through 80% of Westeros to get to Kings Landing.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Litterally no one did this...

You stans reading comprehension is on the same level of D&D creative writing skills...

The complaints about ghost were centered around piss poor CG and the lack interaction between him and Jon...He was half the size he was in previous seasons and for some reason Jon can't be in the same scene as him even in a fukking farewell scene...

Notice how nobody complained about Arya and Nymeria because Nymeria wasn't discarded as irrelevant like ghost was...

fukk a Ghost :pacspit:. That dog had three minutes of screen time the entire series. He got the send off his screen time warranted. Tired of hearing about that lil’ nikka. :martin:

But, foreal. It’s like being mad Hot Pie ain’t get more shine or something. Ghost is literally barely in the show. He got the head nod. He’ll be alright.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
They can row through anything if Gendry made it :yeshrug:
At least Dragonstone was close to land:francis:

F3iODUR.jpg

Tyrion set them up to be drowned or captured. There was no way they were making it outta the bay, then out at sea all the way to Essos in that skiff with one hand Jaimie rowing them:mjlol:

I know you were just fukking around, but the post gave me an excuse to look at the map to test Tyrion's plan:mjgrin:

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
At least Dragonstone was close to land:francis:

F3iODUR.jpg

Tyrion set them up to be drowned or captured. There was no way they were making out outta the bay, then out at sea all the way to Essos in that skiff:mjlol:

I know you were just fukking around, but the post gave me an excuse to look at the map to test Tyrion's plan:mjgrin:
Well it is a narrow sea :skip: